It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stompin' Tom Connors leaves final letter to fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well I thought this was a bit sad.
If you're a Canadian then you definitely know this guy, He was able to leave a nice letter (very patriotic actually) to his fans just before his passing.

Canadian country-folk legend Stompin' Tom Connors died Wednesday at age 77. A few days earlier the musician penned a letter to fans that he wanted published after his death, his spokesman said. Here is a copy of the letter published on the singer's official website:

Hello friends, I want all my fans, past, present, or future, to know that without you, there would have not been any Stompin' Tom. It was a long hard bumpy road, but this great country kept me inspired with its beauty, character, and spirit, driving me to keep marching on and devoted to sing about its people and places that make Canada the greatest country in the world. I must now pass the torch, to all of you, to help keep the Maple Leaf flying high, and be the Patriot Canada needs now and in the future. I humbly thank you all, one last time, for allowing me in your homes, I hope I continue to bring a little bit of cheer into your lives from the work I have done. Sincerely, Your Friend always, Stompin' Tom Connors

Here's a link to his most famous song. RIP Tommy-boy

edit on 7-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Thanks for posting, I was not aware of him, but the video was fantastic.

Really brought a smile to my face, and it was easy, looking at the audience, to see they really loved him.

Smiles all around, I know he will be missed, but celebrate his life! He brought happiness to a lot of people.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Dear canucks555,

Don't know the guy at all. I hope to watch the video later. How amazing that he loved and spoke to his fans till the end, pretty special. Peace.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hmmm, those lyrics are great.

The expression on the woman's face was priceless.
I bet she'll never watch Hockey the same ever again.

RIP to a great man & Thanks to the OP for sharing a legend I hadn't even heard of.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
He was a fav of mine growing up. My memories are of "Bud the Spud" and as a kid, I remember him bringing out his 'Stompin' board'

RIP!

Jude11

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Damn, Stompin' Tom is gone...

RIP old friend - You made Canucks proud to be Canucks

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this letter for all to see. Stompin' Tom Conners will be missed by all of us patriotic Canadians. He was and is an integral part of the Canadian tapestry.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I had such a long 13 hour day at work last Wednesday. I came home in a somewhat unpleasant mood but I was planning on putting that behind me and watching a bit of TV and eating supper before I was called back into work (which happened at 12:45 am, by the way) Anyways, I just sat down and flicked on the news and the first thing I saw was the passing of Tom Connors. Honestly, it felt like I was just kicked in the balls. I loved his music and everything about Stompin Tom. His great tunes, his love of country, his style, his class. Sad day indeed for Canada.

RIP, Tom, and thanks for the memories.

new topics

top topics

join