It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan tsunami survivors turn to exorcists for help- Many claim they are seeing ghosts of victims

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
reply to post by texasgirl

Well, if he had pictures, that certainly suggests a phenomenon outside post traumatic stress or any other perception issue.

I just posted that its well known that people report apparitions being seen (or auditory phenomenon) at the scene of fatal road crashes, or at airfields where there have been fatal accidents. I think the point he was making that, if its just a result of PTSD, then it would be a much more common occurrence, happening to people who had witnessed great loss of life at or near the place they see the phenomenon. Usually, these 'area specific' cases are witnessed by people who werent there during the original, fatal event, ruling out PTSD altogether (or PTSD brought on by the event).

Not doubting believers, I myself have had paranormal experiences. But I was merely pointing out that there ARE stories of 9-11, something this poster said he has never heard of.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah! I think we are trying to agree with each other here!

What had been suggested earlier was that, all the numerous accounts from numerous people seeing 'lines' of multiple apparitions in areas that the tsunami had wiped out, was somehow down to mass hysteria or PTSD.

Now, it seems from witness reports that, if there are such things as ghosts, and if what is described as a ghost is somehow the detached 'spirit' of a once living person, then those who lose their life suddenly or traumatically may sometimes be perceived at the places where they died. There are many documented reports of this phenomenon. However, I have also heard reports of apparitions and auditory phenomenon at battlefield sites, such as Gettysburg or in the UK, Marston Moor and Culloden- areas of sudden mass, violent death. However, the witnesses to this werent there at the battle, so are not effected by the stress being involved in the incident.

My argument comes as to what these reports represent, and I dont believe they can all be the result of a trick of the eye brought on by stress or hysteria. As you have said, sometimes the phenomenon is captured on film or audio, ruling out any 'human' filter.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

All: my intuition tells me that the spirits of the victims are trying to warn the survivors of what is coming. If the reports are true then those that were taken so suddenly may still be trapped in the kah body. They would be able to see the future events and would be motivated to warn those of their family.

I believe that they see and know that the sinking of their islands is about to begin soon.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It would be interesting if counseling was available for these people and if the sightings would decrease. I hope those who are exorcists aren’t charging for their services. Some of these reports could be the result of power of suggestion. A couple of people truly see the apparitions, tell it to others, and results in mistaken sightings such as the mind playing tricks.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by FlyersFan

The Japanese people were VERY OPEN to the afterlife and to spooks.

Yes. They are.
And traumatic stress could indeed manifest itself as hallucinations drawing on that deep cultural influence.
so your saying it ghost & hallucinations ....

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

I don't know why they wouldbn't be legit, at least most of them, some could be copy-cats, go-along fakes, but shouldn't most of them be reliable? At least as long as you believe in spirits, as I do and have seen/conversed with them many times.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join