Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Japan tsunami survivors turn to exorcists for help- Many claim they are seeing ghosts of victims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is an interesting story and not at all surprising. First, our physical life takes place here within a physical/dense dimension, while our spirits exist in a higher/much higher frequency/dimension. If this does not make sense, just know that not all that we are exists in these bodies; our spirits are manifesting a portion of what we really are through these bodies.

If you do not believe this, go watch Hummingbirds for a time and you will notice that these tiny creatures think, feel and have individual personalities and quirks far beyond what could possibly be contained in their small brains. This is because like us, they too are manifesting their spirit into this physical reality/world, just like we are, just like every creature. All that lives is far more than what we see and experience in this dense, physical plane. The fact that our consciousness is not aware of all that we are and have been is a far more complex subject I am not going to even begin to try to explain.

Sudden, out of phase/untimely deaths that happen outside the natural order of life and death for each individual causes a number of problems/confusions for the spirit. At minimum, the spirit will tend to hang around because it is not its time yet to move on to its next phase. Man exists on this planet outside the nature order of things because none of us/our spirits were created on and with this planet, we all came here/were brought here from elsewhere. This too is a complex reality I am not going to attempt to explain what I understand of it.

However, I can predict this. Those who were killed, for example, during this Tsunami in Japan will be hanging around until the time of their natural deaths arrive and then they will move on. Some will hang around afterwards because they will simply get lost and be stubborn about clinging to their existence in this higher/non-physical frequency/dimension.

We are surrounded by living beings/creatures that exist in higher frequencies/dimensions...they swim in the ether we all exist in and from which physical matter is created.
edit on 7-3-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Four words.
PTSD.

editby]edit on 3/7/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

one word GHOSTS , cause alot of people woke up dead & are a little confused

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackz28

Four words.
PTSD.

editby]edit on 3/7/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

one word GHOSTS , cause alot of people woke up dead & are a little confused

There are far too many places where such untimely deaths have left a trace of the individuals of some kind......

A fort in Canada where the figures of soldiers of a bygone era are seen manning the parapets etc....
The many battle sites of many forgotten wars.....
Perhaps it would be an interesting bit of research to visit many sites like this, and query the inhabitants surrepticiously as possible, about any paranormal experiences thay may have encountered there since?
There is a theory that these "ghosts" are trapped, in a sort of time bubble of their own creation.....
Not that they may be aware of creating such, but by their simple disbelief in their own demise, an inability to accept this somehow..........
Intent is the secret of the Shamans....It is the force by which they refine their powers.....
Perhaps a fusion of these two thoughts, intent and the self created time bubble, are the cause of ghostly apparitions.
Communication, or Mediumship is another subject entirely.....and could be more deeply and scientifically investigated in my view.....
Though the communications could be from other sources.....interdimensional, even satanic or demonic....

Consciousness is like eyesight......
Our eyesight and our hearing etc, are stuck within set parameters......
Why not then our ability to percieve reality?
Think about it....a dog has 700 times better sense of smell than we.......
A bat can hear well enough to fly by it....
Their worlds are in those respects far richer than our own......
Cats have always been associated with seeing things unpercieved by us.......
And all animals have that attunment that FORWARNS of impending crises related to our natural world....

Humans are well enough endowed with a smattering of senses and a large capacity for calculation coupled with a self awareness that separates us from our environment.
But that very separation cuts us off from accepting natural phenomena or states which do not conform to our
own human concepts.

Nevertheless such things may, and do well exist whether we accept them or reject them, they continue to plague humanity, because we have not yet fully turned our intent upon them, or we do not not allow for their existance......
edit on 7-3-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's quite common for people who've had close brushes with death and witness unspeakable tragedy, to develop psychic ability and begin to see ghosts. The intense emotional states of the survivors and those who lost their life, likely entangled and now some people, whose latent psychic abilities were awakened with the event, are connected to the spirits of those whom passed on.

Hungry ghosts. That is the first time I've heard that phrase, but it does aptly describe some spirits need to latch onto the living.

S&F OP. I enjoyed the thread and reading the responses. Oh, and I have ptsd too. But I began flirting with the spirits way way way before my traumatic experience that led to my diagnosis of ptsd.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
They didn't have luck

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I lived in Japan for three years. 1983-1986. The Japanese people were VERY OPEN to the afterlife and to spooks. They paid more attention to manifestations around them, whereas the Americans would ignore the signs and manifestations.

I have no doubt that there are ghosts from the Tsunami. A heck of a lot of people died in a very painful manner. Men, women, and children. The good and the bad. The young and the old and those in the middle. Lots of people and lots of panic and lots of fear and lots of not understanding what was happening when they died.

It all spells GHOSTS. At least, for me it does.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The Japanese people were VERY OPEN to the afterlife and to spooks.

Yes. They are.
And traumatic stress could indeed manifest itself as hallucinations drawing on that deep cultural influence.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies you guys, even you Phage.

I really think this would make for a VERY interesting research project. So far just in this thread, three mass casualty events have been associated with ghost sightings. I couldn't readily find any stories associated with Hiroshima, but I haven't really tried all that hard. It does beg the question though: If more mass casualty events have been associated with reported ghost sightings!

And there have been SO many events throughout history! I mean think of all the massive earthquakes, the floods, tsunamis, bizarre geologic events, wars, heck...even something like the Jonestown Massacre... Would be very curious to find out that in every case, people have reported ghost sightings and strange events happening caused by the unsettled spirits of the dead. I would not be surprised in the least to find out that it was true!

So what would you say then, Phage? They ALL had PTSD?

:shk:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I prefer not to argue from ignorance.
Produce the data. Then we'll talk.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I prefer not to argue from ignorance.
Produce the data. Then we'll talk.

No you prefer to argue from arrogance.

No data regarding the paranormal will ever satisfy you, so stop the trolling. And this is not your thread so I think TrueAmerican is entitled to talk to whoever he wants without satisfying your need for "data".
Go find some weather threads to satisfy your ego.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

And this is not your thread so I think TrueAmerican is entitled to talk to whoever he wants without satisfying your need for "data".

He is entitled to talk to who ever he wants to, yes. And he was talking to me and I answered him.

Go find some weather threads to satisfy your ego.

Please don't tell me what to do.
edit on 3/7/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
They just stand there and don't move. When they move you don't see them move, they are just in a different place. I've felt them, you don't actually see them because they are not really there. I suppose they could effect vision to record them. When I experienced this I was having seizure activity and assumed my mind was playing tricks on me but I cannot really tell for sure what was happening. I was taking meds I later found I was allergic to. The time I was hooked to a 24 hr brain monitor with wires connecting to a Cadillac priced box I sensed them. I had to keep a log and wrote the time down and got a copy of the report. There was a very unusual brain activity at the time I saw or should I say sensed these people. I did not recognize any of them. I felt they were staring at me wondering what all the wires and sensors were. I suppose they were curious.

I actually think that the strange seizure activity triggered this perception.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It sounds like an energy imprint from the time surrounding the tsunami. Very interesting OP. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Man I swear, this thread is now haunted! And it appears only on this page...People's names and avatars are way too big, black text appears where white should be, and all kinds of weirdness.

I've been to many other threads, and checked page 3 on them, and this does not occur in any of them...Only on this thread and on this page 3! Anyone else experiencing this? Totally friggin bizarre! Never seen this occur here at ATS. Not like this...

I guess the spirits have spoken.
edit on Thu Mar 7th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have been doing some searches on the net and this is not a new story: Article from Feb 2012 - National Paranormal Association which sources itself from the Daily Telegraph. Similar article from Japan Today in Feb 2012 reporting the same thing (now withdrawn - but you can get the gist from the comments).

I was hoping in this day and age to finds some personal blogs but no such luck. The date is interesting as the article ran 1 year after the disaster and seems to be re-running now 2 years after the disaster.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I noticed that black text too, what the heck is causing that. Oh Oh, maybe they didn't like that I told on them

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Or someone stuck a strange UBB code or character in their post.
It started here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Science works. No ghosts.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Japan is a society wary of admitting to mental problems. This story is no surprise. To admit being metally ill in Japan is very taboo. Ghosts and apparitions are generally accepted by the Japanese culture.

When it comes to mental health, much of Japan is still in the dark ages.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

When the taxi arrives at the destination, the driver turns around and freaks out when he sees the passengers have already disappeared.

Lol its called jumping a cab... or more formally as fare evasion.

They probs just sneaked out at the lights and didn't close the doors properly.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Four words.
PTSD.

The Japanese have a cultural predilection to obake.
Not at all surprising that PSTD would manifest in this form.

Phage, seven words.
Have you tried thinking outside the box?
Maybe it is exactly what it is.
I'm surprised someone as intelligent as you won't even accept that this could be a possible theory. Not everything in this world is what it looks like, but i shouldn't have to say that to you, you're a smart guy/girl, and should realize this.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join