It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent methane leaks, sinkholes show more evidence Dangerous Gas Theory may be correct!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

it's been common practice that our military doesn't break the sound barrier over populated areas.

An aircraft does not have to be over a populated area for a sonic boom produced by it to be experienced. The higher the plane is the wider the area which will experience the boom.

edit on 3/22/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

it's been common practice that our military doesn't break the sound barrier over populated areas.

An aircraft does not have to be over a populated area for a sonic boom produced by it to be experienced. The higher the plane is the wider the area which will experience the boom.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but how come more reports now? Could it be that if these are really sonic booms from jets that it's because of atmospheric amplification due to density of the gases that I claim are in the atmosphere?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Some more fireball news. This one here sighted across nine Midwestern states

Meteor streaks across midwestern sky

CLEVELAND - A meteor was seen across parts of nine states Friday night. Many reports were made to the American Meteor Society from Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and southern Ontario, Canada. The meteor was reported around 9 p.m. as people reported seeing a streak of light headed across the night sky. The American Meteor Society website (http://(link tracking not allowed)/WbIE2j) showed the meteor apparently falling over southern lower Michigan. More reports of meteors were received Saturday night around 6:45 p.m. although none of these reports have been confirmed at this time.

Damn strange story here...a first-of-its-kind incident

Mysterious fireball falls from sky burns two women

Dharamsala, HP, Mar 22: In a first-of-its-kind incident, two women sustained minor injuries as a mysterious fireball fell from the sky at Patola village near Chamunda temple in Kangra district on Thursday. However, no other damage was reported. The incident took place at around 9.15am. Resident of the area and eyewitness to the incident said they suddenly saw an object like a fireball of around 12 inches falling from the sky that split into several parts after hitting the ground. The rumors of it being a meteorite started spreading soon after the incident. Both the women, who suffered serious burns, have been admitted to hospital. However, a team of forensic experts from Regional Forensic Science Laboratory (RFSL), Dharamsala, which visited the area, has ruled out the theory. Experts assume it could be rocket fuel, or a part of a rocket. However, the nature of the explosive could be ascertained only after proper analysis. The samples are being sent to State Forensic Science Laboratory at Junga in Shimla. A case had been registered by police.

NASA launches a new website for fireball and bolide reports

NASA launches fireball website

"This website is meant to be the vehicle for future reports of fireballs/bolides as seen by U.S. government sensors," Yeomans told SPACE.com. "This is the first posting of its kind on this site. Future data on bright fireballs will be added to this table. We won't capture every fireball event … only the unusually bright ones," he said.

edit on 22-3-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

And then this one just tonight...here is an ATS thread

Giant Green Fireball across East Coast

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

but how come more reports now?
Unsubstantiated.

Could it be that if these are really sonic booms from jets that it's because of atmospheric amplification due to density of the gases that I claim are in the atmosphere?
What is atmospheric amplification?
An increase in methane from 0.00015% to 0.00018% in the past 30 years. That's a change of 0.00003%. A trace increase in a trace gas does not affect the density of the atmosphere appreciably.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You can continue to claim that small trace amount of gas, but we don't actually know how much of this gas is in the upper levels of the stratosphere or any of the mesosphere. I've already cited articles that make this claim. Can we test the air at this level or not?

Also, it seems that a major fireball streaked across the East Coast tonight, here are some quotes. I suppose that this is just another one of these common fireballs that we're all so used to. It cracks me up how you and a few others can continue to deny that there is something up. LMAO! Wake up and realize that less and less people are buying into your disinfo BS! I've been talking about these fireballs for months and they continue to get more and more exciting, and I'm still predicting that this is just the beginning. Sorry, I don't mean to be a fearmongerer, but better to wake up than bury your heads in the sand.

Saw it around 7:45pm EST! I was driving with my sons and one of them pointed and hollered, "WHAT IS THAT!" Couldn't miss it after a few seconds. The head of it was bright blue-green and the tail was glowing white. Lit up the sky like the forth of July. Amazing! Never thought I would see one of these in my lifetime. Gorgeous. It was cooking across the sky from west to east. I am right on the water and it looked like it was destined to burn up before it hit the water. Hope I am right about that! I am loving this event! I am so science-geeked-out at the moment! This meteor ended in an array of sparkles, at least from where I stood, at what seemed very close to the Atlantic Ocean water line. (Sorry meteor hunters...the fragments, if there are any, are deep under salt water right now. I simply could not get any closer to the ocean without literally standing in it. This meteor went east of the water line, into the big deep.)

Holy crap just saw a huuuuge green meteor burn up over DC. Craziest thing I've ever seen. Anyone else see that?

we got the #meteor in NoVA too, for all of you paying attention. leading edge was a glowing green

Just saw what appears to be a pretty big #meteor here in CT. It was very slow and bright green. Crazy! Anyone else see that?

In NYC, walking down Lexington with my GF! #meteor flashed across the sky in front of us! 1 of the most amazing things I have ever seen!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

You can continue to claim that small trace amount of gas, but we don't actually know how much of this gas is in the upper levels of the stratosphere or any of the mesosphere. I've already cited articles that make this claim.

So, of course, you assume it's there. Remember? Argument to Ignorance

But I thought you were talking about "atmospheric amplification" and how it might affect sonic booms. How many jet aircraft cruise in the upper stratosphere and mesosphere?

Yes. Another fireball. Cool. So what? They happen all the time.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
The crust is becoming unstable.

Really?

The sonic booms are most likely related and in more ways than one.

"Most likely?" Why do you say that?

For instance, most booms are probably related to small earthquakes and the crust movement, as is these sinkholes.

"Probably"? Why do you say that?

Other booms, the ones also where witnesses report a light flash, could be one of two things...either meteor explosion or a hydrogen sulfide or methane gas plume explosion.

"One of Two things"? Why do you say that? I would wager it could be dozens of things. But then again, I don't have an agenda to push.

Why the meteors? Because the atmosphere is growing denser with the increase in gases which may be causing an amplification to atmospheric sounds.

Can you explain how you are comparing a denser atmosphere to more meteors?

This may also have to do with why these strange sky noises heard throughout the world.

This thread reminds me of a quote. "A web is normal to the Spider, but chaos to the fly."

Perception is everything. And nothing,. Get it?

Where's Johnny? Methane plume get him?

AAC

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Phage

You can continue to claim that small trace amount of gas, but we don't actually know how much of this gas is in the upper levels of the stratosphere or any of the mesosphere. I've already cited articles that make this claim. Can we test the air at this level or not?

Then why are you claiming it is denser if you agree that no one knows?

You are a walking contradiction.

EDIT TO ADD: I didn't realize Phage had already replied the obvious counter-replies.

AAC
edit on 23-3-2013 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

The sonic booms are most likely related and in more ways than one.

"Most likely?" Why do you say that?

For instance, most booms are probably related to small earthquakes and the crust movement, as is these sinkholes.

"Probably"? Why do you say that?

Other booms, the ones also where witnesses report a light flash, could be one of two things...either meteor explosion or a hydrogen sulfide or methane gas plume explosion.

"One of Two things"? Why do you say that? I would wager it could be dozens of things. But then again, I don't have an agenda to push.

Why the meteors? Because the atmosphere is growing denser with the increase in gases which may be causing an amplification to atmospheric sounds.

Can you explain how you are comparing a denser atmosphere to more meteors?
Where's Johnny? Methane plume get him?

AAC

Uh, duh! Do they not remain a mystery? Am I allowed to say that or no? No one knows for sure what they are, but I'm not allowed to throw out my opinion. You're very annoying.

In regards to meteors and the atmosphere, I've already explained these things multiple times in these threads. I won't do it again for you. Look around and read the entire thread for my answers.

I'm sure Jonny doesn't want to waste his time on the likes of you anymore. I know I don't either, so I'm done responding to you from here on out.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

So why is this happening? Is the crust of the earth becoming more unstable? No.
reply to post by Phage

How do you know?

How do you explain all the booms across the world? The "experts" can't seem to figure it out and since you are the expert here.... inform me as to what the cause is. I am sincerely asking. Its seems as if they have ruled out everything.... and are puzzled they cannot find an answer.
edit on 23-3-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

How do you know?
Because it makes no sense. What does "becoming more unstable" mean? The causes of sinkholes are known. Why ignore the explanations and act as if they are mysterious?

How do you explain all the booms across the world? The "experts" can't seem to figure it out and since you are the expert here.... inform me as to what the cause is.
I'm not an expert and I can't explain it because all we have to go on is anecdotal reports. I've experienced a sonic boom. I would recognize it if I experienced it again, but I wasn't there so I don't make assumptions about what actually occurred. But what makes you think there is a single cause for all of the reports? There are any number of explanations which have been offered.

Its seems as if they have ruled out everything.... and are puzzled they cannot find an answer.
I don't see where everything has been ruled out. I see many various explanations offered. Unlike using an argument to ignorance, the experts don't say, "it had to be a sonic boom", based on the reports. "It could been a sonic boom", yes. "It could have been a small earthquake", yes. Unlike some who say, "It must be methane!"

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

How do you explain all the booms across the world? The "experts" can't seem to figure it out and since you are the expert here.... inform me as to what the cause is.
I'm not an expert and I can't explain it because all we have to go on is anecdotal reports. I've experienced a sonic boom. I would recognize it if I experienced it again, but I wasn't there so I don't make assumptions about what actually occurred. But what makes you think there is a single cause for all of the reports? There are any number of explanations which have been offered.

Its seems as if they have ruled out everything.... and are puzzled they cannot find an answer.
I don't see where everything has been ruled out. I see many various explanations offered. Unlike using an argument to ignorance, the experts don't say, "it had to be a sonic boom", based on the reports. "It could been a sonic boom", yes. "It could have been a small earthquake", yes. Unlike some who say, "It must be methane!"

How can you make assumptions of what it isn't then? You admit yourself that you're not an expert, so what makes your word so absolutely sure of what it isn't?

You assume one way...your opponents assume another. Who's to say who's wrong? Why is your word the gospel?

I don't say it must be methane either. I say it could be methane and that I believe it makes the most sense. You say that it could be small earthquakes, but if that were the case, then why now in this day and age are so many of these small earthqaukes preceded by booms. Oh, wait, I forgot, there isn't an increase in these booms. These are common and have always been happening. Right?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

How can you make assumptions of what it isn't then? You admit yourself that you're not an expert, so what makes your word so absolutely sure of what it isn't? You assume one way...your opponents assume another. Who's to say who's wrong? Why is your word the gospel?

I don't say it must be methane either. I say it could be methane

Agree with your comments completely. I saw this with John Lear years ago. He was a prolific poster here with many great theories but certain people would get all riled up because they thought he was presenting them as facts. Ultimately he had to put a disclaimer in his post signature. You've said many times your explanations aren't certainties. You can't please these people. They would rather that you didn't theorize at all and just kept your mouth shut.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

How can you make assumptions of what it isn't then?
Because there is no reason to think that the booms are anything other than sonic booms, or distant thunder, or the result of small earthquakes. There is no reason to think they are the result of methane explosions. Remember what concentration of methane is required for combustion?

You assume one way...your opponents assume another.
I'm not assuming anything. I don't have enough information to do otherwise. You on the other hand have no information which indicates that the booms are not sonic booms, or distant thunder, or earthquakes. You just assume that those explanations are incorrect.

I say it could be methane and that I believe it makes the most sense.
Except it doesn't. Remember what concentration of methane is required for combustion?

You say that it could be small earthquakes, but if that were the case, then why now in this day and age are so many of these small earthqaukes preceded by booms.
Earthquakes are often accompanied with "booms" and always have been. Not only have I experienced a sonic boom, I have also experienced a few small earthquakes. I heard the rumble before I felt the quake.

These are common and have always been happening. Right?
Right.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

You can't please these people. They would rather that you didn't theorize at all and just kept your mouth shut.

You are confusing a hypothesis with a theory.
You are confusing an argument from ignorance with logic.
Why get so uptight? Can't stand a little critical thinking?
edit on 3/23/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You are confusing a hypothesis with a theory.

The confusion is all yours. I said he was theorizing. According to several English dictionaries a permissable definition of "theorize" is "to speculate". I'm aware of the scientific difference in terms, thank you. The English language is a little wider in scope than what you're comfortable with.

You are confusing an argument from ignorance with logic.

I'm not aware of any arguments from ignorance here and I don't see how any of your "logic" has been constructive.

Why get so uptight? Can't stand a little critical thinking?

Hilarious from a guy who quotes me to correct the way I used a particular word.

You want Rezlooper silenced because you dislike his theorizing. Judging from the way you responded to me you want anyone who supports his speculation silenced too. Antagonism doesn't make you look cool, Phage, it makes you look petulant.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Because it makes no sense. What does "becoming more unstable" mean? The causes of sinkholes are known. Why ignore the explanations and act as if they are mysterious?
reply to post by Phage

It makes no sense to you? Ok.

Becoming unstable would mean like plates moving more, sea floor spreading more rapidly, I don't know but do you not think the core could ever become unstable? The cause of some sinkholes I believe are known and maybe its only one cause as you seem to think. Maybe not.

No one is ignoring explanations to some... but not all.

I never said there was but one explanation. I said the contrary. You seem to think that way with sink holes though. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Our entire system needs to be looked at as a whole and then dissected to see what is left after each cause is eliminated.

So you think you would recognize it if you heard it again? How long did you hear it?

I've never even heard one but many all over the world hear it and have heard it more than once. They are freaked out by it.

So the Op is using his brain and trying to piece it all together. Whats that hurting? He thinks it may be methane. He is not alone. Other people do as well. I don't think it is and I have already stated I do not believe it to be one thing.

Your opinion of the cause has been asked and instead of speculating with us and talking about it you are too busy acting like you are above the op as you are not "using an argument to ignorance". Nice.

The statements from authorities have ruled out an earthquake. In many cases they have no idea where its coming from or whats causing it.

Speculate for a moment and say what you think it could be.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I'm not aware of any arguments from ignorance here
Then you haven't been paying attention or you don't understand the term. From the OP, no information provided which indicates methane was involved but none which says it wasn't so...methane! The very definition of an argument from ignorance.

50 people were sickened and some collapsed from methane fumes in Jamaica last week.

Another perfect example. I don't know what it was but it must be methane!

If you think that I'm crazy tying in these animal die-offs to methane release, then I'd like to hear your opinion on it. What could be causing these die-offs?
Not only providing a blatant argument from ignorance but soliciting another.

Not just arguments from ignorance, but a strong dose of confirmation bias. It doesn't fit the "theory" so discount the explanation!

Here is an article from Monroe Country, NY about eight homes having gas smells in their basement. I think they blamed this on a car leaking gas into a storm sewer.

Three people sickened by odor at a Trader Joe’s restaurant in Maryland. They blamed this one on Freon leak.

You want Rezlooper silenced because you dislike his theorizing.
Where have I said I want him silenced? I'm just offering a balanced view, something which seems to offend him (and you) for some reason. He doesn't seem to like it when points are made that contradict his "theory". He doesn't seem to be able to abide facts which contradict his "theory". Confirmation bias.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Becoming unstable would mean like plates moving more, sea floor spreading more rapidly
Compared to what?

I don't know but do you not think the core could ever become unstable?
So now it's not the crust but the core which is unstable?

No one is ignoring explanations to some... but not all.
That doesn't make sense.

I never said there was but one explanation. I said the contrary.
You said this:

How do you explain all the booms across the world? The "experts" can't seem to figure it out

All the booms...can't figure it out.

You seem to think that way with sink holes though.
I don't know what you are referring to with that statement.

So you think you would recognize it if you heard it again? How long did you hear it?
Hear what? A sonic boom? Yes. It was a very brief and distinctive event.

The statements from authorities have ruled out an earthquake.
In all cases?

Speculate for a moment and say what you think it could be.
I already did that and none if it has anything to do with a single cause like methane or the Earth's crust becoming more unstable or the Earth's core becoming unstable.

So the Op is using his brain and trying to piece it all together.

Correction.
The OP is stringing random events together with speculation, confirmation bias, and arguments from ignorance in order to support his "theory".

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join