It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent methane leaks, sinkholes show more evidence Dangerous Gas Theory may be correct!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here are some explosions in the last few days that seem pretty mysterious. All seem to fall in line with Jonny's site and what he has been describing. Truck tires exploding. Vapors ignite when a guy uses a blow torch. Unexplained boat fire.

Man dies in industrial explosion

An initial investigation indicated the man was using an acetylene torch to free a valve on a vacuum truck. Shawnee Fire Marshal Corey Sands said there might have been vapor inside the truck that ignited. "Our crews arrived and found evidence of an explosion in the back of the building," Sands said. The doors in the back of the building were knocked off. The company, according to its website, specializes in commercial and residential excavation and tree removal, block and rock retaining walls and environmental remediation.The force of the blast rattled nearby businesses. Janette Williams, who works nearby, said she heard a loud boom. "I was like, 'Uh oh,'" she said. "We thought it might have been a sonic boom."

Truck tire blows up inside Ring Tunnel

The tire of a truck blew up on Monday afternoon inside the Ring tunnel near al-Murr tower in Beirut, and no injuries or material damage have been registered. Future television said the explosion was heard across Beirut. Two weeks ago, a wheel of a truck had blown up near Hazmieh highway and the explosion was heard in the southern suburb of Beirut. “The explosion took place at al-Sayyad bridge and it was heard all over the southern suburb of Beirut,” al-Manar television had reported.

Several wounded in Iran explosion

people were wounded Sunday in an explosion in Bandar Imam Khomeini, a port city in Iran, but few details have been released. The city is located some 1,000 kilometers (620 miles) southwest of Tehran, in the oil-rich Khuzestan province. The Arvand and Ghadir Petrochemical Companies are both located at the port, which is northeast of Kuwait City, and on the banks of the northwestern end of the Persian Gulf. Several cars were damaged and windows in nearby buildings were shattered, including those at a hotel, according to the report late Saturday by the semi-official Iranian news agency ILNA. There were no details offered about the cause of the blast.

2 injured in Gulf Shores, AL boat explosion

GULF SHORES, Ala. (WALA) - Gulf Shores Police department said two people had to be hospitalized after an explosion caused a boat to catch fire Saturday afternoon. Officials said the nearly 24-foot vessel was in the Intercoastal Waterway near Plash Island near Gulf Shores when the explosion happened around 12:40 p.m. Four people were on board, according to Gulf Shores Police. One person had to be LifeFlighted to the USA Medical Center Burn Unit, and is in fair condition. A second victim was taken to South Baldwin Hospital; the other two were not hurt. Gulf Shores Police said the investigation into the cause of the explosion and fire police. They credited Gulf Shores fire rescue, the Coast Guard, Alabama Marine Police and the Bon Secour FD with helping the victims.

This next one says it may have been a bomb, but never confirms whether they found evidence of that. Notice the explosion was next to a rice paddie (major source of methane release).

Explosion rocks farming village in late night hours

AN EXPLOSION has rocked a farming village in the provinces of Zamboanga del Sur, a police official reported Saturday. Zamboanga Peninsula police spokesman Ariel Huesca said the incident occurred around 1:05 a.m. Thursday in the village of Lourmah, Mahayag municipality. Huesca said no one was either killed or wounded and no properties were damaged although the explosion was just in front of an unoccupied house owned by Edina Lacson, 53, a caretaker of a 4.8-hectare rice field. Huesca said land dispute is being eyed as the motive of the incident as Lacson has reported that two unidentified persons have harassed and threatened her last February 25 to vacate the place. Lacson was told the rice field she oversees was already bought by a certain Dodo Navarro from the heirs of Pedro Abuton, the original owner, Huesca said. The rice field was formerly cultivated by one Encarnacion Blancia, who employed Lacson as overseer, he said. He said the police of Mahayag town are conducting an in-depth probe to unmask the perpetrators of the bomb explosion.

To be continued...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
More explosions:

Malibu home explosion under investigation

MONTE NIDO, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- Authorities continued their investigation Monday night into an explosion inside a home above Malibu that burned three people. The fire erupted shortly after 5 p.m. in a rental home attached to a main house in the small unincorporated community of Monte Nido, between Malibu and Calabasas. Hazmat and narcotics teams planned to enter the building to determine if a drug lab was involved. Three men in their early 20s were hospitalized with moderate to serious burns, more than 20 to 30 percent of their bodies. A man who was visiting a few doors away saw the badly burned victims. "They were more in a state of shock, I'd say," said Bryan Campbell, a witness. "They just kind of had that empty look." Firefighters managed to put out the blaze in eight minutes.

3 injured in chemical company explosion

Three people were injured in an explosion Monday afternoon at a chemical auxiliary company in Fengxian district, the Shanghai Evening Post reported Tuesday. The explosion occurred around 2:15 pm and shattered some of the windows at the facility. Firefighters arrived soon after the incident and succeed at preventing further explosions. The company had been using a new kind of fuel before the explosion, but authorities have yet to determine whether the change led to the accident.

In the next one, propane? Maybe, maybe not. Note, it says "appears to be propane"

Propane leak said to have caused explosion

OROFINO, ID - An Orofino man received extensive burns in an explosion in an outbuilding at 12354 Jerome Ave. in Orofino Sunday, according to Orofino Police Department. According to family members, Howard 'Babe' Wynn was burned in the explosion. Orofino Police Department reports said it appears there had been a propane leak in the building. Wynn entered it and struck a match to light a lantern and that caused the explosion. Orofino Police Dept. Assistant Chief Clay Hesson said there was minor damage to the outbuilding and its contents. It appears that the incident was an accident, according to police.

2 injured in Vandenberg Base explosion

ULA said the two were working at Space Launch Complex 6 when an “arc flash” occurred. The Santa Maria Times reported the two were working where a Delta IV rocket is being prepared for an August launch. An arc flash happens when electric current leaves its intended path and travels through the air to another conductor. Officials gave no further details on the cause or circumstances. ULA said it has begun an investigation. The names and exact jobs of the workers who were injured have not been released.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

You are feeding your brains with this all-encompassing theory, and then #ting it out all over ATS.

I stand by that statement because it is true. No matter how sour it seems to them or their "followers".

I'd disagree and say 99% of ATS threads are # if these deeply researched, informative string of threads were any such benchmark.

Being a member of ATS since 2005, I would say that this thread might be in the top 1% of ridiculousness. Again, you are trying to downplay the "Connections" they are making which are completely absurd, and trying to make it about the science awareness. I'm not, I am looking at the garbage they are attaching to it and wondering why they are screwing up a good discussion with thinly related "Connections".

So first of all, you 'advise' them to become blissfully ignorant sheeple and stop the important work they are doing.

Whoa whoa whoa.... Where did you get any of that from my words about getting outside? Assume much?

Maybe unlike you they recognize their duty to humanity and won't bury their heads in the sand?

You are noticeably desperate in your support.

Second, you claim smart people will disregard the entire concept because they dislike some exploratory speculation?

Yup.

The underlying science (which they discuss a lot) matters to us all.

Disagree. That they discuss it a lot. They spend most of their time posting links to articles on their "Connections" and usually hold their science until they are picked and probed.

It isn't their job to inspire your interest in it. They are putting their distinct thoughts out, as people do on every subject here.

Then why post TWO EXACTLY the same threads?

And the work they're doing is directly related to quantity of events, when the anomalous events happen in large enough number it could signify something. That is the hypothesis. The hypothesis isn't stating that each and every event MUST be related, only that large patterns are emerging on such a numerous scale that Occam's razor is being pushed to its limits.

I disagree. And you should stop explaining their motivations for them. They are grown ups, aren't they?

That's how it's supposed to work. Everything is being included purposely. Not because it's all got to be related, but because in enough number we can detect emerging patterns.

That logic makes no sense from the level of their inclusions. People will be dying in low -lying areas more...

80% of planet population lives near coastal cities, so most of the population lives in low-lying areas. How is this a logical inclusion in their prediction model?

For that matter, in a debate forum such as ATS, I am well in my rights to dispute characteristics of a claim. Had they started a thread without the claims and hyperbole, I would have learned something without being stung by the rest.

And Im the beginning, i tried to have them clarify their associations to the "Connections" and I got called a dis-info agent and someone who should prepare for my death. How would anyone on this forum reacted to that?

It's impossible to verify each one either way, particularly if there's a coverup going on.

They admitted they never try. They said if it "Fits" and there isn't another explanation [because they never looked into it) then it can be true.

At least Jonny and Rez are getting people's attention with their approach.

Not the right kind of attention, IMO.

In this case, the world is at stake. It is our duty take an interest in the environment. I think being hellbent on poking holes is innapropriate on this subject.

I never poked holes in the base of theory. I poked holes in the connections. There is valid reason for that.

Your closed perspective is part of the problem.

You false perception of my perspective is a problem.

Telling Jonny to get more of a life

Come on, man. Deep down inside you know these guys would scream from the rooftops in joy if 1,000 people suddenly dropped dead in a low-lying area.

I have nothing against the science foundation that is buried deep down inside of this hyperbole sandwich and think it is a very interesting topic for discussion, which is what drew me to the original thread. It is their use of the information that makes me question them.

AAC

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Being a member of ATS since 2005, I would say that this thread might be in the top 1% of ridiculousness.

I don't know who you are responding to, but I would say this post of yours is up there in the top 1% of ridiculous.

The only thing the debunkers have done on this thread is claim that there is not enough evidence, while utterly failing to prove that the connections are not plausible.

Scientific evidence has been presented, and it has not been refuted.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
I would say this post of yours is up there in the top 1% of ridiculous.

Sadly I would have to agree.

The only thing the debunkers have done on this thread is claim that there is not enough evidence, while utterly failing to prove that the connections are not plausible. Scientific evidence has been presented, and it has not been refuted.

And that science would be ignored without threads like this to bring it into public awareness and speculate on the real world consequences. Of course, the reality that the Earth could very quickly turn into a hostile environment for human life is an unreal possibility to these people.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Being a member of ATS since 2005, I would say that this thread might be in the top 1% of ridiculousness.

I don't know who you are responding to, but I would say this post of yours is up there in the top 1% of ridiculous.

Well then your post right above is in the top 1/2% of ridiculousness.

The only thing the debunkers have done on this thread is claim that there is not enough evidence, while utterly failing to prove that the connections are not plausible.

To clarify, I think the debunkers are claiming the connections are thinly related to the underlying science. If you want to believe in the momentum that they are building with their "toss it on the wall and see what sticks" approach, that's fine.

Scientific evidence has been presented, and it has not been refuted.

Are these the scientific evidence that has been presented?

Malibu home explosion...

3 injured in chemical explosion...

Then he adds this...

In the next one, propane? Maybe, maybe not. Note, it says "appears to be propane"

Propane leak said to have caused explosions...

2 Injured in Vandenberg Base explosion

I have a better idea, why can't they prove that these events aren't exactly what they are said to be?

I would just like to add again...

I actually am grateful that this thread introduced me to the Methane issues and some areas of immediate concern, but it was the "Unified theory" that they are trying to attach to the science that I have issues with.

AAC

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Um, yeah, sure, whatever.

The see what sticks approach is often a good way to start.

No body has applied for a government grant to study the possibility, so don't get your panties in a bunch.

We are just at the beginning of the global warming issue. There is still plenty of room for speculation.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

No body has applied for a government grant to study the possibility, so don't get your panties in a bunch.

We are just at the beginning of the global warming issue. There is still plenty of room for speculation.

Well let's stop the speculation and state quite clearly that global warming was a scam and there are many articles and TV documentaries to demonstrate that beyond doubt. I can't see any possible connection with recent rising levels of methane with one of the worst Winters in living memory, one that is still going on.
There is no issue with a non-issue. Global Cooling....
Now you're talking!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Really? Okay.

Second line.

AAC

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Then you haven't done any real research.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Extreme weather is a result of global warming.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking

Well let's stop the speculation and state quite clearly that global warming was a scam and there are many articles and TV documentaries to demonstrate that beyond doubt. I can't see any possible connection with recent rising levels of methane with one of the worst Winters in living memory, one that is still going on.
Now you're talking!

If you've noticed the extreme winter weather is mostly headlined by drastic amounts of snow. Every storm that came along this winter, over 20 of them, dropped a foot of snow somewhere. With warmer temperatures you're going to have more moisture in the air, thus, more snow or rain, whichever comes along. These extreme snow events only help the global warming argument if anything. They don't disprove it. Naturally, there are going to be cold weather events somewhere, it's about the averages...the global temperature average is rising, even faster here in the United States as this past year was the hottest on record. Also, tell Australia and New Zealand that they aren't warming up. They are suffering extreme droughts, wildfires and oppressive heat this summer.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

Originally posted by mclinking

Now you're talking!

If you've noticed the extreme winter weather is mostly headlined by drastic amounts of snow. Every storm that came along this winter, over 20 of them, dropped a foot of snow somewhere. With warmer temperatures you're going to have more moisture in the air, thus, more snow or rain, whichever comes along. These extreme snow events only help the global warming argument if anything. They don't disprove it. Naturally, there are going to be cold weather events somewhere, it's about the averages...the global temperature average is rising, even faster here in the United States as this past year was the hottest on record. Also, tell Australia and New Zealand that they aren't warming up. They are suffering extreme droughts, wildfires and oppressive heat this summer.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

And drastic record lows!
New Mexico had EVERY main night temp with minus figures, the top being -30°F, and -10°F in Sante Fe during January. It was so cold two weeks ago in Arizona with snow during a top level golf tournament that it had to be stopped, the last day being 40°F with a wind chill factor of 37°F. During late January and February, cold killed more than 400 people in Pakistan and India, Calcutta having its coldest day ever at 44°F. Snow came to Thailand and even Saudi Arabia. Tokyo has had extreme cold and snow and still is. November was the coldest in Russia for 78 years and Eastern Canada for over 40 years, also extreme cold in Mongolia. I've got letters I read on other sites from Americans still asking when can they stop wearing gloves. France is still icebound and has been since January 5th.
I have to ask you - which planet are YOU living on??
Sheesh!.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What the frack.

Many thousands of langoustines washed up off the coast of Chile in one event - ocean anoxia cited amongst possible causes.

If it is anoxia then the breeding grounds of H2S bacteria just got bigger.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Update. As I suspected, the number has now been revised to millions.

Millions of small prawns have become stranded on a beach in southern Chile this week, carpeting a three-kilometre strand in red.

The fishermen in the Coronel area south of Santiago began noticing something different at the start of this week.

Fishermen recall seeing giant red spots just off shore, which by Tuesday, had swept ashore.

One local fisherman says he's never seen anything like it in his 39 years of fishing.

So far, the cause of the event is unknown.

www.skynews.com.au...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Johnny must be livid you beat him to posting this.

AAC

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just wanted to post the new sink hole in CA.

Sinkhole swallows pond in northern California. How does a sinkhole swallow a pond overnight? A look at sinkhole geology and the leading theories.

We should really keep track of these stories.

www.csmonitor.com...

Im left to wonder if the booms people are hearing and feeling along with the sink holes are related to the atom smashers such as LHC?
edit on 22-3-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Also to add...

Florida has always been an area that has been prone to sinkholes, but the numbers do show that sinkhole damage in the state has increased very rapidly in recent years. According to ABC News, insurance claims related to sinkholes more than doubled between 2006 and 2009…
endoftheamericandream.com...

Just check out what has been happening in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania lately. There are dozens of sinkholes that have opened up in Harrisburg, and the city is so broke that it doesn’t have the money to fix all of them. In fact, at this point there are 41 sinkholes that have been documented in Harrisburg, and many of them are right in the middle of the street… Pennsylvania’s state capital is suffering from a rash of monster sinkholes, but city officials are too broke to do anything about it. Loose soil and leaky, century-old underground water pipes are to blame for the municipal nightmare, which came to a head on the New Year’s Eve when a 50-foot sinkhole yawned open along Fourth Street, the Wall Street Journal reported. The eight-foot deep crater — one of at least 41 in the city — is so large, locals made it a “check-in” site on the social media site Four Square. Some cheeky residents and the media nicknamed the hole “Super Sinkhole Walter.”

So why is this happening?

Is the crust of the earth becoming more unstable?

Or is something else at work?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Great posts Mama J. The crust is becoming unstable. The sonic booms are most likely related and in more ways than one. For instance, most booms are probably related to small earthquakes and the crust movement, as is these sinkholes. Other booms, the ones also where witnesses report a light flash, could be one of two things...either meteor explosion or a hydrogen sulfide or methane gas plume explosion. Why the meteors? Because the atmosphere is growing denser with the increase in gases which may be causing an amplification to atmospheric sounds. This may also have to do with why these strange sky noises heard throughout the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

So why is this happening?
Is the crust of the earth becoming more unstable?
No.

Or is something else at work?
Yes.

Florida:

“The area between Tampa and Orlando was a big agricultural area,” Randall Orndorff, geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey, told ABC News. ‘There’s been a lot of development there and rainwater that used to percolate through the soil into the subsurface is now running off into either culverts or ditches, to storm drains.”
abcnews.go.com...

Harrisburg:

Earlier that day, the back tires of a city garbage truck broke through the street and got stuck in the pavement. Officials believe leaking underground water pipes eroded sand under the pavement and contributed to the street giving way.
source

edit on 3/22/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
No answers, just theories after sonic boom rattles Gainesville

A sonic boom shook windows and walls across Alachua, Marion and other North Central Florida counties Thursday night, sparking speculation among residents about what could have caused it.

The regional boom followed news reports this month of similar booms being felt in such places as Massachusetts, South Carolina, southern Illinois and California.

Commenters on www.gainesville.com, a few of whom mistook Thursday night's boom for thunder, offered explanations that ranged from alien invasion to North Korea military exercises to cross-dimensional travel. Another possibility raised by commenters was that the U.S. Air Force's X-37B space plane, which launched in December on a classified mission, might have landed near Cape Canaveral.

Others suggested it might have been a meteor. The American Meteor Society's website received 20 reports of a fireball over Florida. However, it listed this as occurring after 10 p.m. Thursday, while the Alachua County Sheriff's Office received resident reports of the sonic boom around 9 p.m.

The story goes on to say that it was most likely a military jet breaking the sound barrier. This is why i believe the government knows what is happening because they are more and more stepping up and claiming to be responsible for these booms with jets breaking the sound barrier, yet, it's been common practice that our military doesn't break the sound barrier over populated areas. They will do this over sea but not over land except maybe a few places throughout the whole country where they have zones. But now, in the past couple of years as these booms continue to increase in reports, we are to believe that they are breaking there own rules.

Here is another one attributed to military jets

Startling noise on Nantucket attributed to sonic boom

A loud noise, believed to be a sonic boom from an aircraft breaking the sound barrier above Nantucket, startled island residents and shook houses just before 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. The noise prompted calls to island police and the air-traffic control tower at Nantucket Memorial Airport from residents and public-safety agencies attempting to determine the source.

In New Jersey, more and more of these booms are reported, along with earth shaking.

New Jersey shore booming (sonic)

Tweets and Facebook comments posted late Tuesday afternoon reported shaking along the Jersey Shore. Emergency management officials tell FOX 29 the shaking was centered in Wildwood. A heavy vibration came in two waves. The first one lasted about five seconds and was followed by another quick one. Glover said it was quick, but powerful enough to shift things around in the kitchen. Rumors of an earthquake or sonic boom flooded social media, where others posted about feeling it too. Still no word on what caused the ground shaking.

The two ‘waves’ she describes does sound like an earthquake. However, sonic booms can also have a double noise. Again we see the report that things have moved in the house. This may not be accurate since rumbling can give us the perception of movement. But, regardless of what caused it, it’s frightening and has made people very concerned. Earthquakes certainly do occur in New Jersey but not as much on the Coastal Plane portion and the point beach areas do seem to have no historic record of such events. And there was a case of a sonic boom causing similar issues last year. I would likely go with that explanation. As an aside, I heard her mention the fear of sinkholes. Good going, Florida, for putting the fear of house-eating sinkholes into everyones’ nightmares. Check out this episode of Skeptical Connections where I talk about that.

Unexplained boom baffles residents in Illinois

Hundreds of people in four counties flocked to social media to report hearing a windows-rattling, earth-shaking boom between 1 and 2 p.m. Saturday. “I have no way of knowing exactly what occurred but it was not likely an earthquake,” geophysicist Don Blakeman of the National Earthquake Information Center said. “There is nothing on our lists, only the last one on the 11th (near Benton).” However, if the boom was sonic in nature, it wasn’t caused by military action. Neither Scott Air Force Base nor the North American Aerospace Defense Command reported activity taking place in the region Saturday. The boom was not weather-related, according to meteorologist Robin Smith of the National Weather Service in Paducah said. Nor was it related to any coal mining activity, a spokeswoman for the Illinois Office of Mines and Minerals said.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join