It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent methane leaks, sinkholes show more evidence Dangerous Gas Theory may be correct!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

For the record, I altered my position to try to advise them how to solidify their connection claims. Had that work been done previously, I am certain they would have gotten less confrontation, and inspired more concentration on the plausibility aspects of their claims.

I am impressed by their efforts to stay focused. But cantankerous scientific debate may cause them to refine their model in the future to eliminate the chance for naysayers to derail the discussion.

I believe we have discussed the importance in the past when proposing radical ideas to have at least one person in the discussion hellbent on poking holes in the idea. If you can get to the point where that cynical voice grows quiet, you have reach the nadir of the process.

AAC

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here is some information I posted on another thread about the 1200 pigs found dead floating in a river. I'm posting more information about these increasing animal die-offs. There is definitely an increase and the excuse we are just getting more news coverage is lame. If you think that I'm crazy tying in these animal die-offs to methane release, then I'd like to hear your opinion on it. What could be causing these die-offs?

Over 1,200 pigs fished out of Chinese river

I'm sticking with my dangerous gas theory as the culprit with these die-offs, although this one sounds a bit fishy being they are tagged. If no one has stepped up yet and claimed them then maybe they were deliberately disposed of this way. Makes no sense though. Why would someone deliberately kill a large number of pigs like this? This would be a lot of money to a farmer.

If this one wasn't deliberate I think that hydrogen sulfide could be the killer of these pigs. It makes sense. This is only one of three mass die-offs on the 9th of March. There were thousands of dead fish in Australia and then hundreds of chickens died to Avian flu. Many of these die-offs are attributed to known diseases and some that are labeled strange. I wrote a thread about the increase in drug-resistant bacteria and mutating viruses that also have to do with the dangerous gas theory. I believe that this is also the case with animals. There are so many die-offs right now from both sudden death or disease, and all may be from the methane and hydrogen sulfide release. Read the thread for an explanation on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In just 65 days of this year, there have been 116 mass animal die-offs. We're having mass die-offs at a rate of 1.79 per day this year. I posted this information on Feb. 25 in the Peru fish die-off thread and at that time the rate was only 1.71. It's increasing dramatically.

Here are the stats on animal die-offs from 2012. There were 464 die-offs in 2012 which was a rate of 1.27 per day.

In 2011 there were 145 events which was a rate of 0.4 per day. This is increasing at alarming rates and people can only deny it for so long.

Mass Animal die-offs in 2011

Mass Animal die-offs for 2012

Mass Animal die-offs in 2013

Here are the die-offs for the month of March

9th March 2013 - Thousands of dead Fish found floating in Terry Baldwin Lake, Darwin, Australia. Link

9th March 2013 - 1,200+ dead Pigs found in the Huangpu River, Shanghai, China. Link

9th March 2013 - Hundreds of Chickens killed due to Avian Flu in Bihar, India. Link

8th March 2013 - Large Fish Kill in Chang Feng Park in Shanghai, China. Link

8th March 2013 - Thousands of Chickens are dying of unknown disease in Dumuria, Bangladesh. Link

6th March 2013 - Thousands of Fish found dead in Congo Creek, Australia. Link

6th March 2013 - Fish kill in Baffin Bay has Scientists concerned, Texas, America. Link

6th March 2013 - 60,000 Fish found dead in ponds in China. Link

6th March 2013 - Dead Fish litter the Payette River in Idaho, America. Link

6th March 2013 - 1,000 lbs of dead Fish found in Kowloon Bay, China. Link

5th March 2013 - 18,000 Goats killed by "extreme weather" in Ladakh, India. Link

4th March 2013 - Thousands of Fish wash up dead on Eyre Peninsula, Australia. Link

3rd March 2013 - Salmon die off at the aquaculture facility in Nova Scotia, Canada. Link

3rd March 2013 - Thousands of Fish suddenly dead in Chan'an Village, Xian, China. Link

2nd March 2013 - Thousands of Fish found dead in Lake Keepit, Australia. Link

2nd March 2013 - "Significant" Fish kill on River Dodder in Ireland. Link

1st March 2013 - Thousands of Fish dead in a River in Victoria, Australia. Link

1st March 2013 - 1 Million fish dead so far this year in Lake Erie, America. Link

Also, to be noted, there were six die-offs on the last day of Feb.

28th February 2013 - 1.2 Million Chickens killed due to Bird Flu in Mexico. Link

28th February 2013 - Large number of dead Fish along a Kilometer of River in Tianjin, China. Link

28th February 2013 - 5,000 lbs of Fish found dead on a river in Xishui County, China. Link

28th February 2013 - Big fish kills at Fish farms in Myanmar. Link

28th February 2013 - Hundreds of Ray Fish wash up dead on a beach in Gaza, Palestine. Link

28th February 2013 - 100 Manatees killed by Red tide this year in Florida, America. Link

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thanks for your vigilance in keeping this important subject going Rezlooper.

On your list of recent mass die-offs, China seems to pop up a lot. I would think that in China, the main reasons are corruption and/or pollution (like industrial/factory waste). In China, money is the bottom line, and if one Chinese person does not want to do a certain job, 1000 more are ready and waiting just in case.

Do you know if any of the mass die-offs in China are directly related to methane?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A pig farmer found 1200 of his stock dead, he fears disease and that it might spread to his other stock so he plows them into the river. This makes sense, but what killed them in the first place. It had to be some sort of knockdown agent (hydrogen sulfide) to kill 1200 pigs so quickly. If it were disease it wouldn't have happened quickly and if not quickly, the farmer would have discovered a problem long before 1200 of his pigs were dead.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

On your list of recent mass die-offs, China seems to pop up a lot. I would think that in China, the main reasons are corruption and/or pollution (like industrial/factory waste). In China, money is the bottom line, and if one Chinese person does not want to do a certain job, 1000 more are ready and waiting just in case.

Do you know if any of the mass die-offs in China are directly related to methane?

China is also home to the biggest sinkholes and a lot of them, but on the methane production, China is home to the most rice paddies which are huge contributors to the methane release.

Due to a continuously growing world population, rice agriculture has become one of the most powerful anthropogenic sources of methane. With warm weather and water-logged soil, rice paddies act like wetlands, but are generated by humans for the purpose of food production. Due to the swamp-like environment of rice fields, this crop alone is responsible for approximately 50-100 million metric tons of methane emission each year.[20] This means that rice agriculture is responsible for approximately 15 to 20 percent of anthropogenic methane emissions.[21] An article written by William F. Ruddiman explores the possibility that methane emissions started to rise as a result of anthropogenic activity 5000 years ago when ancient cultures started to settle and use agriculture, rice irrigation in particular, as a primary food source

Wetlands account for approximately 20 percent of atmospheric methane through emissions from soils and plants.Wetlands counteract the sinking action that normally occurs with soil because of the high water table. When the water table is low, the methane generated within the wetland soil has to come up through the soil and get past multitudes of methanotrophic bacteria. When the water table is higher, then the methane produced in the soil can more easily diffuse through the water and escape into the atmosphere.

You nail it on the head in this quote of yours from earlier about 2007

Their graph showing the anomalous cloud height is also interesting how it drops in 2007. Something happened in 2007 that really affected the climate dramatically.

The earthquake chart shows that things began to heat up in 2007, this is worldwide 6.0 and up.

Here is jonny's chart for quakes in the US. Notice how it slowly starts rising up in 2007, then explodes two years later.

Also if you check out the strange sky noises thread, these reports started a couple of years after that.

Here is a quote from True American on his ideas on what are causing the strange sky noises. We can't be certain of what this is, but it may have to do with this increase in gases that started in 2007.

Yes, I think they are being over amplified by an increase in air density due to pollutants, and possibly higher concentrations of gases in the atmosphere. Knowing a bit about sound wave propagation through various materials cause I'm an audio guy, I suspect the increase in density causes sound waves to travel farther and faster than they normally would. I have a thread floating around here somewhere on it. The actual source could have always been there, but not have been amplified to an audible degree until recently, when the density factor reached a certain threshold.

I could go on here about all the different phenomena that has been rising in the years since 2007, such as the events jonny tracks on his site (explosions, strange deaths, vehicle fires), the die-offs which I listed in the previous post, the droughts, heatwaves, storms, etc. but I want to show you this article that also talks about the sudden rising of methane release after a decade of it leveling off.

To be continued...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Levels of methane begin to increase again, a 2008 MIT study

The amount of methane in Earth's atmosphere shot up in 2007, bringing to an end a period of about a decade in which atmospheric levels of the potent greenhouse gas were essentially stable, according to a team led by MIT researchers.

This is really interesting here. The article explains how methane increased about the same throughout the globe at this time, in both northern and southern hemisphere despite most methane release is in the northern. And it takes a year for methane from the northern hemisphere to mix into the southern hemisphere, but yet they rose at the same time.

One surprising feature of this recent growth is that it occurred almost simultaneously at all measurement locations across the globe. However, the majority of methane emissions are in the Northern Hemisphere, and it takes more than one year for gases to be mixed from the Northern Hemisphere to the Southern Hemisphere. Hence, theoretical analysis of the measurements shows that if an increase in emissions is solely responsible, these emissions must have risen by a similar amount in both hemispheres at the same time.

What could cause that?

A rise in Northern Hemispheric emissions may be due to the very warm conditions that were observed over Siberia throughout 2007, potentially leading to increased bacterial emissions from wetland areas. However, a potential cause for an increase in Southern Hemispheric emissions is less clear.

To help pin down the cause of the methane increase, Prinn said, "the next step will be to study this using a very high-resolution atmospheric circulation model and additional measurements from other networks." But doing that could take another year, he said, and because the detection of increased methane has important consequences for global warming the team wanted to get these initial results out as quickly as possible. "The key thing is to better determine the relative roles of increased methane emission versus an idecrease in the rate of removal," Prinn said. "Apparently we have a mix of the two, but we want to know how much of each" is responsible for the overall increase.

The article concludes with this statement here

It is too early to tell whether this increase represents a return to sustained methane growth, or the beginning of a relatively short-lived anomaly, according to Rigby and Prinn. Given that, pound for pound, methane is 25 times more powerful as a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide, the situation will require careful monitoring in the near future.

I think it was the return to sustained methane growth. You guys were discussing it earlier, and suggested that the government knows. I'll bet they also know exactly what caused the methane to begin rising again.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

A pig farmer found 1200 of his stock dead, he fears disease and that it might spread to his other stock so he plows them into the river. This makes sense, but what killed them in the first place.
How about...disease?

The pigs are living overcrowded conditions where bacteria breed easily. Consequently, many became sick and died. But there is not enough land to bury the pig carcasses, and many of dead animals were thrown away, it said.
www.chinadaily.com.cn... But, of course...

Their graph showing the anomalous cloud height is also interesting how it drops in 2007. Something happened in 2007 that really affected the climate dramatically.
Cloud height did not drop. The average height of cloud tops reduced because there were fewer high clouds. Maybe you can shoehorn that into your catch all hypothesis.

The earthquake chart shows that things began to heat up in 2007, this is worldwide 6.0 and up.
Why does your the chart stop at 2010? And why do I find only 174 6.0+ quakes in 2010? What was your data source? You wouldn't be cherry picking data would you?

Here is jonny's chart for quakes in the US. Notice how it slowly starts rising up in 2007, then explodes two years later.
Have you checked jonny's data? I have and I'm not sure how he gets those figures. For 2010 I find 7,191 earthquakes of 4.5 or greater worldwide. For 2006 I find 7,054. I asked for the parameters he used but he didn't respond. Do you know why that might be?

We can't be certain of what this is, but it may have to do with this increase in gases that started in 2007.
What increase in gases? You mean the methane increase from 0.000177% to 0.000180%? That's an increase of 0.000003%. And you think that increase is the cause for all the things that are happening? Brilliant.

Tell me again the concentration of methane required for combustion?

edit on 3/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

China is also home to the biggest sinkholes and a lot of them, but on the methane production, China is home to the most rice paddies which are huge contributors to the methane release.

Due to a continuously growing world population, rice agriculture has become one of the most powerful anthropogenic sources of methane. With warm weather and water-logged soil, rice paddies act like wetlands, but are generated by humans for the purpose of food production. Due to the swamp-like environment of rice fields, this crop alone is responsible for approximately 50-100 million metric tons of methane emission each year.[20] This means that rice agriculture is responsible for approximately 15 to 20 percent of anthropogenic methane emissions.[21] An article written by William F. Ruddiman explores the possibility that methane emissions started to rise as a result of anthropogenic activity 5000 years ago when ancient cultures started to settle and use agriculture, rice irrigation in particular, as a primary food source

Wetlands account for approximately 20 percent of atmospheric methane through emissions from soils and plants.Wetlands counteract the sinking action that normally occurs with soil because of the high water table. When the water table is low, the methane generated within the wetland soil has to come up through the soil and get past multitudes of methanotrophic bacteria. When the water table is higher, then the methane produced in the soil can more easily diffuse through the water and escape into the atmosphere.

There are so many variables / what-ifs contributing gases to the Earth's atmosphere, at this point I would compile a list, with documentation and links, to each contributing factor to warming positive feedbacks. I don't think any 1 thing is the reason, but many reasons snowballed together that could be putting the Earth into a real positive feedback loop.

When it comes to rice agriculture and methane, I can see this being an issue, but many many details are left out about how the rice was grown. For example, in the mountain terraces, the water is always flowing down the mountain, unlike flatland paddies that are more of a swamp/wetland. I'm also not sure about the effects of fertilizers/pesticides used in these commercial rice farms, and their effects for methanogenesis. I have helped work on building rice terraces here, so I know about their construction and how they operate. I have not done this in the flatlands, but it looks much easier to make.

I also have not seen any list of naturally occurring locations that have a limnic eruption every so often. There are some places around the world, notably Africa, that have lakes which, at times, release massive amounts of Co2 or CH4 (depending on the lake), that have caused mass die-offs, including humans.

Lake Nyos

On August 21, 1986, possibly as the result of a landslide, Lake Nyos suddenly emitted a large cloud of CO2, which suffocated 1,700 people and 3,500 livestock in nearby towns and villages.

Lake Kivu

Lake Kivu has recently been found to contain approximately 55 billion cubic metres (72 billion cubic yards) of dissolved methane gas at a depth of 300 metres (1,000 ft).

Lake Mounin

Several people reported hearing a loud noise on August 15, 1984 around 22:30. A gas cloud reportedly emanated from a crater in the eastern part of the lake. The resulting deaths of residents in a low-lying area are believed to have occurred between 03:00 and dawn. The victims were said to have skin burns, which reports later clarified as "skin damage" such as discoloration. Survivors reported that the whitish, smoke-like cloud smelled bitter and acidic. Vegetation was flattened around the eastern part of the lake, probably by a tsunami.

Those are some more things to add to the list of factors, though I think it will be hard to form a solid hypothesis with so many variables out there, not to mention the possibility of a feedback loop in place.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You just need to finish your math.

That tiny percentage of change of such extremely high pressure results in a vet significant change in psi.

If I have counted the decimal places correctly, it translates to around 3.3 psi increase. Multiply that times a thousand square miles for S America's west coast, and that is a lot of additional pressure on the continental plate.

Then consider that this change is probably not linear, but exponential, and could double in 5 or ten years, as global warming continues to accelerate. Also consider that the energy to start the change is greater that the energy needed to continue the change.

As deep waters continue to warm, they will exert a great deal more pressure in the continents. This pressure will cause havoc.

It relates to methane because it looks like methane releases are increasing global temperature rise, which in turn will increase methane releases.

We don't have absolute proof, but there is enough evidence to suggest this is what is happening.

I expect deep water warming to become a very heated discussion soon.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well, the 2004 Sumatra earthquake actually altered the geoid. There's a new ESA satellite called the GOCE which has managed to map the geoid, it's a very cool thing... See here if you aren't familiar with this (note the deep blue gravity dot in the Indian Ocean).

Anyhoo, the article that discussed that earthquake altering the geoid had some interesting things in it:

Seismological data suggests that, during the event, the seafloor on either side of a fault line running for 1000 km along the bottom of the Indian Ocean dramatically changed height, producing a ledge, 6 metres high. Such a large-scale movement will change the gravitational field of the Earth. Roberto Sabadini and Giorgio Dalla Via, University of Milan, and colleagues have calculated this change. They found that the Earth's gravity altered, in an instant, by as much as is expected from six years’ worth of melting at the Patagonian Ice Fields in southernmost South America.

It may seem surprising that Earth's gravity is not equally strong at all points of the globe. Instead, it varies by a small fraction due to the presence of such things as mountains or deep ocean trenches. The tides and ocean circulation patterns also affect the gravity, as does the rotation of the Earth itself, which bulges out the planet's equator and makes its diameter 21 kilometres wider than the pole-to-pole distance.

In order to measure the deviations from the average level of gravity, Earth scientists invented the concept of the geoid. This is a bit like a hi-tech version of "sea level", which is often used to give an absolute height measure. Today's modern measurements need something more accurate, however.

The geoid is a hypothetical surface, on which the gravitational pull of the Earth is the same everywhere. It wraps itself around the Earth, moving away from the real surface when it is over areas of greater density and therefore stronger gravity. Over less dense regions, the geoid moves closer to the real surface.

When material is moved around, either instantaneously in an earthquake or gradually as in a melting ice field, the Earth's gravity in the local region changes and so does the height of the geoid. In the Sumatran earthquake, Sabadini and Dalla Via found that the total geoid movement was some 18 mm? a lot for a geoid!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vexatious Vex

See here if you aren't familiar with this (note the deep blue gravity dot in the Indian Ocean).
Are you saying that has something to do with the earthquake?

That blue region is nowhere near the location of the Sumatra earthquake. It's more than a thousand miles away.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Very strange things going on, I may just end up making a thread of all this stuff compiled.

Please do Philippines, you are on to something here.

Originally posted by Vexatious Vex
If they are implementing policies like this Admiral is saying, then it leads me to think that the rest of government isn't being entirely forthright with the masses.

Check it out: Chief of US Pacific forces calls climate biggest worry

Awesome post Vex. It's blatant admittance they are expecting major loss of coastline populations in the coming years.

I encourage everyone to listen to nearly 30 minutes of info to really make you think and research more:

Important video. Will the naysayers watch it? Here's a quote from the description...

According to the UN Environment Programme, the Earth is in the midst of a mass extinction of life. Scientists estimate that 150-200 species of plant, insect, bird and mammal become extinct every 24 hours. This is nearly 1,000 times the "natural" or "background" rate and, say many biologists, is greater than anything the world has experienced since the vanishing of the dinosaurs nearly 65m years ago.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
For the record, I altered my position to try to advise them how to solidify their connection claims.

Let's look at the 'record'...

You are feeding your brains with this all-encompassing theory, and then #ting it out all over ATS.

That's nice. I'd disagree and say 99% of ATS threads are # if these deeply researched, informative string of threads were any such benchmark.

Go outside. Ride a bike. Fall in love. Read a book. Get your minds off this. You are not doing it any justice. You are making smart people disregard this entire concept

So first of all, you 'advise' them to become blissfully ignorant sheeple and stop the important work they are doing. Maybe unlike you they recognize their duty to humanity and won't bury their heads in the sand? This is the number 1 problem with human beings, well highlighted by you here. Second, you claim smart people will disregard the entire concept because they dislike some exploratory speculation? If they do that, they aren't too smart imo. We all live on the same planet. The underlying science (which they discuss a lot) matters to us all. It isn't their job to inspire your interest in it. They are putting their distinct thoughts out, as people do on every subject here.

You have to realize what is being argued by the naysayers of this thread. It is not the science of methane deposits and their potential hazards on humans, plants and animals. It is the fact that you are trying to group so many things into this science.

The potential hazards will have wide ranging effects on the world. The patterns of events aren't going to scream "hydrogen sulphide" they can and will be mistaken for other things. The mere quantity of events that Jonny and Rez have found should suggest something to you. If only a quarter of them were genuinely related, we'd have a major problem on our hands. And the work they're doing is directly related to quantity of events, when the anomalous events happen in large enough number it could signify something. That is the hypothesis. The hypothesis isn't stating that each and every event MUST be related, only that large patterns are emerging on such a numerous scale that Occam's razor is being pushed to its limits.

Don't think I have forgotten about the man eating the face off the homeless guy

You speak as if it is selected so randomly. Jonny provided evidence that hydrogen sulphide induces delerium and that the guy was acting normally until he walked over a causeway. So, it is added to the list of anomalous events that fit an expected pattern. Doesn't mean it wasn't drugs, but that in the unfolding climate scenario there is now another available explanation (H2S) which shouldn't be thrown out as if it is totally unrealistic (it isn't, H2S spewing deadzones are real and growing). This is why the scientific awareness is important so we update our picture of the changing world.

Or did people forget about that thread and it hurt your feelings?

More 'advice'? Or arrogant mockery? C'mon dude. You give more credence to people who suggest 9/11 was a bunch of holograms.

continued...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
continued...

I don't know how many times I have to say that it is the "All-Inclusiveness" of your additions

That's how it's supposed to work. Everything is being included purposely. Not because it's all got to be related, but because in enough number we can detect emerging patterns. The growing ocean deadzones are scientifically proven. Regions of water with very low oxygen levels. When a large number of marine animals wash up dead near the deadzone is it too much of a stretch to attribute it? I don't think so. We know ecosystems are changing because of the environmental factors so it becomes relevant to look at all ecosystem events. The search has to be wide ranging.

Johnny, you previously said that I should keep an eye out for crazy people that will kill me from the methane plumes. People blowing up. Telephone poles bursting in flames. Cars igniting. Children collapsing. Marathon runners passing out. Birds falling from sky. Fish dying. etc... These connections are what I am dispuiting. You mix these connections in with the theory like they are just as belonging as the science itself.

We just covered fish dying. See, this is all about awareness of the changing world. You do not think it's related until you learn what is happening.

I would advise you to disregard the connections that cannot be verified.

It's impossible to verify each one either way, particularly if there's a coverup going on.

But cantankerous scientific debate may cause them to refine their model in the future to eliminate the chance for naysayers to derail the discussion.

Doesn't work that way. Conventional global warming debate is well refined and scientically supported and yet it is widely rejected. And it is only the tip of the iceberg.
At least Jonny and Rez are getting people's attention with their approach.

I believe we have discussed the importance in the past when proposing radical ideas to have at least one person in the discussion hellbent on poking holes in the idea. If you can get to the point where that cynical voice grows quiet, you have reach the nadir of the process.

In this case, the world is at stake. It is our duty take an interest in the environment. I think being hellbent on poking holes is innapropriate on this subject. It's about changing attitudes and propagating awareness. Your closed perspective is part of the problem. Telling Jonny to get more of a life and suggesting there is nothing left to discuss with the science is indicative of your bury the head in the sand mentality. And you come here to dispense advice and look down on people, it's a sweet irony.

Originally posted by Phage

How about...disease?

The pigs are living overcrowded conditions where bacteria breed easily. Consequently, many became sick and died.

That is the weakest argument I've ever seen. 1200 pigs drop dead and you, Phage, say it's because of disease from living in overcrowded conditions. Most of the pigs in the world live in very overcrowded conditions. They are not all dropping dead. The gas theory makes more sense than your conjecture. And you did not answer...

If it were disease it wouldn't have happened quickly and if not quickly, the farmer would have discovered a problem long before 1200 of his pigs were dead.

China is home to the most rice paddies which are huge contributors to the methane release. Due to the swamp-like environment of rice fields, this crop alone is responsible for approximately 50-100 million metric tons of methane emission each year.

Very true, and the naysayers will have us believe you are all speculation. You have done far more research than any of them.

On August 21, 1986, possibly as the result of a landslide, Lake Nyos suddenly emitted a large cloud of CO2, which suffocated 1,700 people and 3,500 livestock in nearby towns and villages.

Another great post. The event you bring up is of the same type that Jonny and Rez have been speculating about in many posts. This proves that massive gas release and resulting mass death is not without precedent.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Thanks for the comments Steve. Well-said. I might point out about the pigs in the river, the number is now over 2,800 pigs dragged out of that river. Authorities there in China are telling people they can still drink the water and that there is no threat. If it were disease, would they be telling there people to drink the water?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

reply to post by SteveR

Thanks for the comments Steve. Well-said. I might point out about the pigs in the river, the number is now over 2,800 pigs dragged out of that river. Authorities there in China are telling people they can still drink the water and that there is no threat. If it were disease, would they be telling there people to drink the water?

They have to be kidding. Would you drink water that had nearly 3000 dead bodies of any species in it???

The animals don't have to be diseased to contaminate the water. The rotting corpses of otherwise perfectly healthy animals will do a bang up job of making the water unsafe to drink.

Rez - Check your U2U messages.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

reply to post by SteveR

I personally thank you for drawing attention to what may be a mass extinction issue. Without going into details, as others have done, the alarming rise of quakes, sinkholes, levels of methane, die-offs, hydrogen sulphide, etc., makes me wonder why certain persons on this site are deniers, supposedly intelligent persons coming out with crass explanations for a worfldwide problem. What are they trying to do? They remind me of wealthy Jews living in Vienna prior to the outbreak of WWII, closing their eyes to the reality encroaching on them, refusing to believe what was becoming obvious to discerning persons, before being carted off to concentration camps. To read here of others saying 'No, it happens all the time' or 'It's quite normal' or 'The media is reporting more, no increase,' etc.
There are too many ostriches on this thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Authorities there in China are telling people they can still drink the water and that there is no threat. If it were disease, would they be telling there people to drink the water?

Very good point. An announcement an hour ago updated the number to 5,916.

The excuses are still coming.

provincial agriculture official blamed cold weather for the deaths of the pigs.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Cold weather now?

Apparently they found one sample of porcine circovirus and all other tests came back negative. With today's intensive farming methods and livestock loaded up on antibiotics it's not unusual to expect signs of disease. This certainly comes nowhere close to explaining why almost 6000 died. And why would any farmer be so negligent to let one outbreak of porcine circovirus destroy his entire stock of thousands of pigs. Are we supposed to believe it just spread that fast? They are already abandoning the disease explanation because they know it's so unbelievable. I guess now the conclusion is that 'cold weather' took out 6000 pigs all at once and the farmers dumped them in the Shanghai river.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Authorities there in China are telling people they can still drink the water and that there is no threat. If it were disease, would they be telling there people to drink the water?

Very good point. An announcement an hour ago updated the number to 5,916.

The excuses are still coming.

provincial agriculture official blamed cold weather for the deaths of the pigs.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Cold weather now?

Apparently they found one sample of porcine circovirus and all other tests came back negative. With today's intensive farming methods and livestock loaded up on antibiotics it's not unusual to expect signs of disease. This certainly comes nowhere close to explaining why almost 6000 died. And why would any farmer be so negligent to let one outbreak of porcine circovirus destroy his entire stock of thousands of pigs. Are we supposed to believe it just spread that fast? They are already abandoning the disease explanation because they know it's so unbelievable. I guess now the conclusion is that 'cold weather' took out 6000 pigs all at once and the farmers dumped them in the Shanghai river.

Where's the commonsense here?? The water is safe to drink???? Why weren't these animals burned after they all died? There is something really odd about this case. Maybe I'm dreaming...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just made a sinkhole update on the watch thread. Over a dozen sinkholes this week causing street closures and house evacuations. There's quite a golfer's tale in there as a golfer stepped into an indentation outside St. Louis and the ground gave way. He collapsed into an 18-foot hole and broke his shoulder in the process.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

And alparently there is a sinkhole in DC.

m.washingtonpost.com...

Maybe we see all these reports because this is currently a big news item, but there seems to be sinkholes opening all over the place.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join