It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent methane leaks, sinkholes show more evidence Dangerous Gas Theory may be correct!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I’m posting this information as a new thread because it deserves recognition and it would just get buried in my original Dangerous Gas thread. I proposed a theory back in December about dangerous levels of methane and hydrogen sulfide leaking into the atmosphere from natural and manmade sources. I’m not going to get into the theory right here because I’ve already made three different threads about the many different aspects of it. Here is the original thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The reason I’ve started another thread is because there have been a series of methane leaks making the news and they deserve their own thread. Now I know this stuff is scary and I don’t mean to be a fearmongerer, but with all the studying about this theory I’ve been doing since December when I first wrote about it, I become more and more convinced that these things are happening. I only want to spread the word about it because if it’s true, people have a right to know and I believe there are some who don’t want you to know. I believe TPTB already know about it. If you don’t know what I’m referring to, please read the original thread.

50 people were sickened and some collapsed from methane fumes in Jamaica last week.

THE island's environmental management agency was last night still trying to determine the source of noxious fumes that resulted in more than 50 persons, some of whom collapsed, being rushed to hospital in Kingston. The mystery fumes also caused discomfort to many more persons in the vicinity of the Central Sorting Office (CSO) on South Camp Road, plunging the area into chaos for a few hours

Watch the video at this source:

Chaos and panic in Jamiaca

These methane plumes are rising up out of fractures in the earth’s crust below the oceans. These are dead zones in the oceans and the more this chain reaction happens, the more dead zones are occurring. These dead zones release the methane and hydrogen sulfide. Basically, what’s happening is that methane traps heat in the atmosphere. Long wave infrared from the sun heats up the surface, then normally it would safely bounce back into space as short wave infrared, but instead of bouncing back out to space, it’s being trapped by the methane. The more methane, the more dangerous this chain reaction is becoming. Hydrogen sulfide is heavier-than-air and when it rises, it drifts and eventually settles back on the surface in low lying areas, where it’s causing deadly poisonings and explosions. On the other hand, methane is lighter-than-air and rise’s high into the atmosphere. It may actually, rise high into the mesosphere where we don’t have any way to even measure just how much is up there. Our weather balloons and jets can’t fly that high (60 km) and our shuttles and satellites can’t orbit that low. We have no idea how much methane is in this level and what’s it’s doing to our planet!

Here is more from the Jamaica story:

Several businesses in the area were forced to close, classes were suspended at nearby schools, and persons were evacuated from the CSO building as the police restricted traffic movement from East Queen Street to South Camp Road in an effort to protect people from potential harm.

All the events that I’m going to list here are near the coasts. It’s near the coasts where these gas plumes are occurring. Look at most of the animal die-offs. Most are some sort of fish, dolphins, penguins and turtles. And even when it’s birds, most of the time they are near the coasts. These mass animal die-offs are occurring because they are swimming or flying into the gas plumes and going through the same reactions that happened to humans in Jamaica. This is only the start of things to come. These mass events are going to start happening to humans. Here is another story that occurred this week when a very large methane plume drifted into Santa Monica, CA from the bay on Sunday. Here is a thread that’s already been started about this:

Authorities say a foul odor that spurred calls to fire departments throughout the city on Sunday is possibly the result of the large release of methane in the Santa Monica Bay. Santa Monica Fire said in a department statement that they believe the strong odor was caused by a naturally occurring methane leak below the ocean floor. “This morning there was a large release of natural ocean floor methane released in the Santa Monica Bay,” the statement said. “This methane is not toxic and dissipates quickly.”

Here is an article from Monroe Country, NY about eight homes having gas smells in their basement. I think they blamed this on a car leaking gas into a storm sewer.

The Chili Fire Department responded to a report of an odor of gasoline in the basement of 56 Andony Lane late Wednesday afternoon. Homeowner Mary Vail noticed the odor while babysitting her grandchild. Chief Don Johnson said about two dozen homes were checked, but only seven or eight homes were affected and no homes were evacuated.

Chili Fire Dept. respond to gas odor in homes

Students were evacuated from a school in Kansas City after a natural gas odor was detected.

Kansas City school evacuated

Three people sickened by odor at a Trader Joe’s restaurant in Maryland. They blamed this one on Freon leak.

Three people sickened at Trader Joe's

All these stories are compiled at the Celestial Convergence website here:

Recent methane leaks in the news

In the article above it talks about the dramatic increase in methane in the Arctic in January of this year. It has some graphs. There’s also a video link to the methane leak at the Macondo site under the Gulf.

When I first started writing about this theory, I expanded my theory from another theory about the gases called the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis. At this website, the author proposed that there are going to be many more of these leaks. On a daily basis, he tracks strange deaths of humans, mysterious explosions of cars, trucks, RV’s and boats, and unexplained explosions. He has been predicting things like the stories I’ve linked to here.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I expanded on his theory to include the gases as the cause of all the other strange phenomenon that we are experiencing all around the globe, which includes the animal die-offs, earthquakes, volcanoes, sinkholes, fireballs, sonic booms and strange sky noises, super-charged weather and the rash of drug-resistant diseases. I’m going to give a brief tie-in of each of these here to the dangerous gas theory and then it’s up to you to choose whether to believe.

Let’s start off with the animal die-offs. I apologize if you’ve already read any of this information here that I’ve posted elsewhere, but once again, this stuff needs to be posted in its own thread, all of it tied in together, so that more people see it and it’s not buried in the other thread. Here is what I posted on another animal die-off thread here:

Also, keep in mind this was posted on Feb. 25 and the die-offs continue on a daily basis.

So far this year there have been 89 known mass die-offs. That's 52 days. That's 1.71 mass die-offs per day. In 2012 there were 464 known events. That's 1.27 mass die-offs per day. That's quite an increase, but in 2011 there were 145 known events. That's only 0.4 events per day.

2011 145 die-offs 0.4 per day
2012 464 die-offs 1.27 per day
2013 89 so far 1.71 per day

The vast majority of these die-offs are from methane and hydrogen sulfide plumes in the air or in the sea. As with so many other phenomena I've listed in this dangerous gas thread; earthquakes, fireballs, disease, volcanoes, sinkholes, super-storms, sonic booms, sky noise, floods, blizzards, droughts, wildfires, unexplained explosions, mysterious deaths, etc., etc...., everything is on the rise! I continue to put up numbers such as these but the debunkers and skeptics will continue to argue that nothing is on the rise, but the numbers don't lie. This isn't a case of better reporting. If these numbers had a comparison from say 50 years ago, 20 years ago, but no, this is over three years.

Mass Animal Die-offs in 2011

Mass Animal Die-offs in 2012

Mass Animal Die-offs in 2013

Also, here are a couple of links that should be read about extinction of bees, bats and other species.

Are honeybees heading towards extinction?

Parasites causing zombie bees

Why are the bumble bees dying off?

Unprecedented wildlife disaster as 90% of bats disappear

200 species extinct every day

And what about the earthquakes and volcanoes? I created a thread with a theory of how as the permafrost melts at unprecedented levels in the Arctic (because of the methane levels trapping heat) it displaces incredible tons of weight. First, the retreat of the ice relieves pressure on Arctic land which causes the earth’s crust underneath to shift, and then the added weight of all that ice to the rising sea levels causing added weight to the weak continental shelves underneath the oceans. That causes more earth crust movement under the seas. These movements are causing the increase in earthquakes, volcanoes, and the sinkholes and land slips. Here is the thread:

I believe this may also be what caused the recent sinkholes and earth-shaking that was reported in Florida. On Sunday there were reports of earth shaking up and down the Gulf Coast of Florida from Port Charlotte to Naples. Witnesses reported no sonic boom, just a shaking that rattled their homes and it lasted up to a minute. Of course, the local news media is claiming it may have been a sonic boom from Air Force base down by the keys, flying training runs out over the Gulf.

To be continued...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
USGS reported no earthquake activity in Florida, but True American posted on the above thread that there may have been some seismic activity and that if so, it would have been very shallow. On the same day as this earth shaking, there was a second sinkhole reported in Saffner, FL, the same town that claimed a man’s life with the first sinkhole last week when his bedroom dropped below him while he slept.

That wasn’t all though, another sinkhole opened up in Pinellas County, just across the bay from Saffner, and this time it was in a living room within the home. Sure, there are plenty of sinkholes in Florida, but it’s not common for them to be opening up under people’s homes and people don’t die!

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=16032650#pid16032650

And then there’s the mother of all sinkholes, the 9-acre Bayou Corne sinkhole situation in Louisiana, now known as Lake Fubar to the locals. This fiasco is a major catastrophe just waiting for the right condition to happen. There are bubbles happening in people’s yards, in the local swamps and even in the lakes 70 miles away from the sinkhole. This sinkhole has deserved national attention since it happened back in July, but no. The media has basically ignored this situation and the governor of Louisiana has done the same.

In the days leading up to this sinkhole there were hundreds of tremors a day and then it was all quiet for one day, and suddenly there was a sinkhole. I think it was the earth crust movement that caused those tremors that caused the fracture or collapse of the salt cavern that caused the sinkhole. I believe that’s what is causing all the sinkholes happening all over the world.

I mentioned previously about the methane levels rising to the mesosphere layer of the atmosphere. This is also the layer where most meteors burn up as they enter our atmosphere. I have a thread here that proposes a theory on how the methane may have damaged this layer, or some how may be causing the meteors to enter deeper into the atmosphere passing through this layer and this may be why we are seeing more fireballs recently, and why one had a massive explosion above Russia. Although this one was a very large rock, maybe it would have burned up or exploded higher in the atmosphere.

I also wrote a thread about how methane gas may have everything to do with the increase in drug-resistant bacteria and mutated viruses. Check that out here:

How does the super-charged weather we’ve been experiencing have anything to do with the dangerous gases? As the atmosphere heats up, it causes there to be more moisture in the air. More moisture in the air causes the storms to increase in intensity. It also causes there to be more rain or snow in the events. Some will argue that the winter has kicked into high gear lately so how can there be global warming. With more moisture in the air from the heating of the atmosphere, it’s going to cause there to be much more snow in these events and that is exactly what’s happening. Every snow storm raging in the US in the last few weeks is dropping at least a foot of snow and up to 3-feet in Boston’s case. This summer I predict multiple record-shattering superstorms, and those along the coasts should prepare! This wild weather is only going to get worse.

On the sky noise and sonic booms, I have a couple of ideas about this. First, some of it may be attributed to the shifting of the earth’s crust. Often times there are small quakes and tremors in areas that these sounds are reported. The earth is belching, so to speak, when she moves. But another idea was suggested by Johnny Mnemonic of the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis. He said that some of these booms, especially the ones that are accompanied by light flashes, may be hydrogen sulfide explosions in the atmosphere as the plumes are either rising from their leaking source or settling back down to the surface. All it takes is an ignition source and he talks a lot about that at his website I listed above.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What can we do about this impending doom?
Run in circles?
Scream and shout?
I'm worried
And in doubt!
edit on 3/6/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
S&F for your effort. I for one appreciate it!

What can we do. Well, burying your head in the sand is not an option.

Snide remarks do not help much either, Phage.

P

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yeah well. It rhymes.

The thing is, including gasoline and freon leaks doesn't exactly bolster the case of the OP. Does it?
Or sinkholes, which are caused more by water (too much or not enough) than gas.
usnews.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by pheonix358

Yeah well. It rhymes.

The thing is, including gasoline and freon leaks doesn't exactly bolster the case of the OP. Does it?
Or sinkholes, which are caused more by water than gas.
usnews.nbcnews.com...

I don't buy either one of those claims. I didn't say gas had a direct effect on the sinkholes. I said that it's the earth's crust; plate tectonics and fault fractures.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hey, Rez! Sorry I got scarce there for a while; daily updates have been eating up my time and energy, along with this being get-garden-started time.

Good job putting lots of pieces together! Things seem to be escalating. Big methane belch off California, the Jamaicans-suddenly-sickening event, planes coming down with 'fumes' or smoke in the cabin or cockpit, sometimes sickening the people on board, the sinkholes sucking people and vehicles down along coasts, the underground explosions and fires, all the mass die-offs, yada yada.

Don't ask me what to do. I mean, the things I'm trying I listed in the FAQ. I might try that running-around-screaming thing; haven't tried that yet. Heh.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Last time I checked Florida wasn't near a plate boundary.
Don't know about any serious fault lines there either.

How many people died from the gas release from the Florida sinkholes? Animals?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The methane in the arctic is from thawing permafrost. I think the permafrost here is pretty depleted but I think it is still present under Lake Superior if I am reading the geology right. That is not what is causing the methane in the areas south of here. I think that is coming from the greedy fracken people, not nature. The sinkholes can leak methane if some is in a pocket trapped under the limestone layer in Florida, that won't be much though.
edit on 6-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Last time I checked Florida wasn't near a plate boundary.
Don't know about any serious fault lines there either.

How many people died from the gas release from the Florida sinkholes? Animals?

Good questions. Who's in charge of counting dead animals, and what's their methodology? Or is there even such a team? If not then we'll never know. Same for people. Looks like you just go to sleep and die in your sleep. If you're 65, who's gonna think twice and look closer? And that's assuming 'they' want you to know what's happening too. Pretty big assumption there! And some corpses in homes are being found dessicated, months after they die, so mortality stats, if they're even honest, are going to be skewed regardless.

Easier just to watch all the fires and explosions, really.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JonnyMnemonic

And really, really easy to speculate about the causes. Especially if you don't need any evidence that might mess up your hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

And really, really easy to speculate about the causes. Especially if you don't need any evidence to mess up your hypothesis.

Shrug, reality is substantiating everything I've said. There's no counter-explanation that fits the observations. Piles of metal bursting into flame? Yeah...and your alternative explanation is...? And the people flopping over unconscious so quickly like they did in Jamaica? That's the sign of a potent knockdown agent. Your alternative explanation? So, you go with what fits the observations. Is there anything we should expect to see that we AREN'T seeing? I looked. Down to the smallest detail, including reactivity with copper, iron, sodium hydroxide and nitric acid, it's all there.

But by all means, keep watching. Reality itself will continue to corroborate with increasing force, as it has been.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
The methane in the arctic is from thawing permafrost. I think the permafrost here is pretty depleted but I think it is still present under Lake Superior if I am reading the geology right. That is not what is causing the methane in the areas south of here. I think that is coming from the greedy fracken people, not nature. The sinkholes can leak methane if some is in a pocket trapped under the limestone layer in Florida, that won't be much though.
edit on 6-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

There are enormous amounts of methane hydrates in deep sedimentary structures on the ocean's floor. They are crystallized but as the ocean waters warm, it's releasing these methane hydrates. But, a lot of these hydrates may also be releasing from tectonic plate movement.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Here is some great information about the science behind sinkholes.

Earth Provides Little Warning Before 'Catastrophic' Sinkholes

BLOCK: And are sinkholes especially common there in Florida, where you are?

RANDAZZO: Yes, they are very common. Literally thousands of sinkholes form every year

BLOCK: Typically, with sinkholes, is it a sudden collapse, or is this something that happens more gradually over time?

RANDAZZO: Well, there are two basic kinds of sinkholes in Florida: a subsidence sinkhole that takes a long time to develop. It's a very gradual, relentless process that takes tens, if not hundreds, of years to finally manifest itself into a big hole in the ground. And these are very common and they are the most typical type of sinkhole that people experience in Florida.

The other type of sinkhole is a catastrophic type, a collapse type of sinkhole where you are given very little warning. It can take place over the course of minutes or hours or a few days and the house or anything at the surface will be swallowed up. And those are far less common.

I'm not saying that you should look at the ethane issue in a vacuum, but you can't simply tie two or more events together without some science or hard data to back it up. You've clearly done some research, but I don't see the link between all of these things just yet.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

So it all must be from the same cause.
I should have realized that.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The question is...are the oceans warming to a measurable degree? Global Surface Temperature and current data for the oceans is part of what one of my sites keeps track of and it just doesn't show much for history and trends on that. Not for the time going back on solid charted data. anyway. (predictive modeling aside). Is sub-sea volcanic activity that much higher for deep ocean temps to have changed? I'm gathering they'd need to have in the way you're presenting the release?

I'm with you on a part of what you're saying and it makes sense as I've followed your posts on this topic. I can't say I agree quite with the width and breadth of connections to this phenomenon, but you make a strong case over your threads to support it being a serious thing to consider. Hmmmm

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The plate movement idea is feasible. Not all of the change of tension on the crust is limited to the exact location of the quake either. Changes can occur a hundred miles away. It's possible but I don't have enough specialized knowledge to say it is probable.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Well you know, I was thinking evacuation from these areas would be in order.
Then we could set off a few underground boom booms to vaporize the volatile elements and gasses.
And low and behold, the caverns would collapse, the ground level would settle, and then we could
rebuild in a few thousand years.

An added plus would be that when North Korea realized we were not screwing around anymore,
and that we were updating our "Underground Tests" as well, maybe they would understand that
The United States of America is about 14 minutes away from No More Jack Daniels For You.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

So it all must be from the same cause.
I should have realized that.

Well it makes a lot of sense. Mass animal die off. Animals specific to the ocean. Birds that fly over the ocean. Wales coming up dead in the Boston Harbor. Dolphins swimming in groups unheard of. The fact it's a neurotoxin and a lot of people who have these issues tend to have neurological problems.

I mean if you have different explanations for things then definitely let us know. But I have to say for sure that the culprit is Methane, and hydrogen sulfide.

I know you wouldn't disagree that these gases are specifically found under the crust.

Than why disagree that this could be a cause?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join