It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Big Cats convey Occult Energies to the Rich and Famous? Animal Intervention in Nevada.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The National Geographic reality series Animal Intervention follows animal advocate Allison Eastwood and animal expert Donald Schultz as they travel around the US to offer assistance to exotic pet owners whose behavior has alarmed organizations.
www.monstersandcritics.com...

They usually want to co-operate with animal owners by easing tensions with local authorities, upgrading the conditions, or offering to take some of the animals to sanctuaries.
Not all pet owners are willing to accept their assistance however, and some of them may strike the viewer as strange, paranoid and deluded.

Last night I saw a program where they went to "Big Cat Encounters" in Pahrump, Nevada.
The owner, Karl Mitchell, owns 5 big cats, and allows VIP guests to have direct contact with some of the tigers.
Mitchell keeps tigers in a cage with double fencing that is only two meters high (when a grown tiger can jump four).

He claims to have learnt positive reinforcement techniques as an apprentice of the originator, after training his domestic cat Mitten to ride with him on his motorcycle. He claims to have a psychic or telepathic connection with the big cats.
He also implies that mysterious energies are at work on his isolated ranch, and the tigers seem to attract ghostly footprints.

While the crew was filming, celebrities visited the ranch: Heidi Fleiss and people from the Bunny House.
Carlos Santana also visited shortly after the crew left.
The crew were essentially told to get lost by an increasingly agitated Mitchell, and he said that he would shoot anybody who tries to take his cats.

It seems these VIPS come to interact with a tiger (kept on a chain) like some people want to swim with captive dolphins.
They find the experience very powerful and emotional.

I wonder if this is just a new fashion trend or whether there is some kind of occult power to be gained from interacting with a big cat?
Anton LaVey kept a lion, and so did royalty and others often thought of as involved in the occult by conspiracy theory.
Is it just symbolic - interacting with a symbol of power, or overcoming fear?
Do these VIPS identify with tigers?

On his website Mitchell also claims that interaction with tigers has helped a boy with autism.

There's a clip from the episode in this link: natgeotv.com.au...

Although Mitchell sounds somewhat weird (especially on the psychic energy), and the interactions can be potentially frightening (while the enclosures seem derelict and inadequate for the apparent amount of celebrity support) he does have some kind of connection with these animals.

More celebrities can be seen interacting with the tigers on the Big Cat Encounters' website:
www.bigcatencounters.org...
Here he claims that in support of conservation he might relocate one or two tigers to their native India.
Conditions on his facility may be hard to judge by one film, but the big cats do seem to have a mystical allure for VIPS, as they did for many cultures where they were often associated with power.
In local African culture leopard and other big cat skins were reserved for royalty.
edit on 6-3-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There's a private organization called Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, FL. They have a problem in the area, apparently, because all of the rich drug smugglers and dealers buy these animals as statue symbols. The ordinary American has a housecat; these guys think a tiger is a macho house pet. The rescue swoops in and adopts the big cat when it's owner gets arrested, attacked etc. Thu have a nice property that is basically a little zoo full of these wild animals. I think that it's just a status symbol to these uber rich. I don't see how occultism has to do with it.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOtter

Powerful criminals themselves have been linked to occult practices, such as forms of voodoo or Santeria (although the details here go into banned topics).
Their attraction to big cats is thus not surprising.

I don't think status symbols come from nothing.

In SA animal (and criminally, sometimes human parts) may be used in sympathetic magic called "muti".
Animals can be thought to have potencies and energies that can be imbibed or made into talismans.
Perhaps directly associating with the animal can also be thought of in terms of energy transference.

On the other hand, big cats can also be very frightening and dangerous, so the energy and symbolism is not necessarily always good or positive.
Perhaps the aim can be to become more powerful and predator-like.

I was mainly led to the psychic energy theory by what Mitchell mentioned on telekinesis and the energy fields on his property.
Unfortunately the clip didn't show those scenes, and the full episode is not yet available on the web.

In LaVeyan Satanism animals should be honored because they are closer to their original drives than humans, and the theme of "power to the powerful" goes very much with adoring big cats.
Of course, I cannot prove what faith these celebs follow, but there's been a lot of speculation on the occult and celebrities.
So, for some of them the symbolic connection wouldn't surprise me at all.
They admire Mitchell (who basically talks about psychic powers) and his big cats.

edit on 6-3-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by TheOtter

Powerful criminals themselves have been linked to occult practices, such as forms of voodoo or Santeria (although the details here go into banned topics).
Their attraction to big cats is thus not surprising.

I don't think status symbols come from nothing.

I was mainly led to the psychic energy theory by what Mitchell mentioned on telekinesis and the energy fields on his property.
Unfortunately the clip didn't show those scenes, and the full episode is not yet available on the web.

In LaVeyan Satanism animals should be honored because they are closer to their original drives than humans, and the theme of "power to the powerful" goes very much with adoring big cats.

Keep us updated. I'd like to see those parts when the fll episode is up. You Seem to know lots about the occult and It is scary yet fascinating at the same time.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Tony Montana agree's that the cats have it!

new topics

top topics

join