It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumbing down of America vs a "super secret weapon"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Australia has had a brain drain for a long time now. America just buys all of our scientists who have been forerunners in many medical and other technologies. They are the biggest bidder and for chri##sakes they even forgave and gave visas to japanese out of that ww2 unit 731 who did things to chinese like vivisect them while they were fully awake to study their organs while alive. Operation paperclip gave sanctum to SS nazis like von braun who later went on to lead the apollo program. When you create a nation out of blood and slavery you will collapse in blood and slavery. It is known.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
reply to post by buddhasystem

Our generations are not being taught to be self-sufficient. They are being taught to be dependent on government.

By whom? Where? How?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Public schools INDOCTRINATE, they don't educate...

Dr. Kaku is well known NWO stooge...

I wouldn't believe a single word he says.

at one point, he made a statement to the effect that, okay, he has established himself in the scientific world so he's not afraid to stick his neck out, therefore, what if we are being monitored by e.t.s, say on moon bases. then he shut up pretty quick, as best i can tell.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by CIAGypsy

It is kinda weird when you think about things from the way they "used" to be....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People were smarter SOMEHOW (
:puz
"back in the day" compared to now.....

This stuff really makes you think about some things.....

As "anti-conspiracy" as I typically am, I have to agree with you.... It's no secret that I do NOT believe there is some secret "elite" cabal trying to enslave the masses....

However, I do believe that there has been a "change" in the effective capacity of our generations....this "change" may be genetic or not. As a society, we seem less intellectually capable than previous generations but it extends to more than just that. We are more overweight, less healthy....less of a "threat" to our enemies (both real and imagined).

Once we accept this premise (even if it is just for argument's sake), the question becomes "why?" What is the agenda or is there one? Are we being engineered to be dumber, fatter, and more complacent (i.e. conspiracy)? Or is this just the natural evolutionary path that our "success" or "societal ideology" has taken us (i.e. no conspiracy)?

In regards to education, I believe it has been engineered. I believe that "junk science" has been utilized to push "better teaching methods" to get industry & general society to adopt these changes. What did the quote from Russell say in my OP? "The populace will not be allowed to know how its convictions were generated." That starts by removing the ability to think critically, downplaying logic as an "eccentricity," and changing the role of education to focus on behavior (or "indoctrination" as someone else put it...) instead of facts, knowledge, and history.
edit on 7-3-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

it's all over our currency, d. rockyf. has made no secret of his family;s agenda and ghw announced exactly 10 yrs. before 9** that they would get their nwo one way or another under u.n. enforcement--so, what is it you don't believe in, sir or madam?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I hear ya, but do Americans really know how school systems abroad operate? I feel it's not just about statistics..

I've been in France for 3 years now and I've seen the results of their school system and how the youth has to listen to "dictator" type of teachers with out much class participation at all- mostly just lectures. This has lead people to act a bit more pretentious, maybe not question authority as much, and it hinders their originality and creativity i find... I took a semester in Marseille and even when there was class participation, barely anybody raised their hand- that was weird!

I made this video a few months ago, which is right on your topic!

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
Day in and day out I meet people that don't know how to use an elevator.

They are of course illegals and probably the source for much of the education testing. Then you have the black population.

To give you and example ted just posted a talk by a black american yesterday and his whole theme and I quote is "plant #" - That's the most intelligent black person they could find to talk about urban gardening - someone who basically is reinforcing ghetto ideology but applying it to curbside gardens now. And even if it wasn't why highlight low class ghetto behavior?

I hear people say that's not indicative of an entire ethnicity and many point to my room mate Ken who is very nice, hardworking and black.

Ken just totaled his car drunk driving - he crashed it once before and now has no car and no license. His parents - one whose a minister and the other a professor lost there mcmansion a few years ago after there ARM rolled over (imagine that) and now there credit like their sons is shot. Even my parents friends who are highly educated and successful lawyers told my family we should pay reparations.

Because apparently there was still slavery in the 1930's when my family immigrated to the US...

Even my black girl friends all refused to date black males, refused to date there own kind.

But lets not talk about any of that.

you have an expectation that all black people, no matter status level, are inherently stupid--which is utterly ridiculous--probably self-loathing transferrance. there's ghetto (left behind) and there's the moved on. lots of white people and black people are stupid, while some of the purest african-blooded people are among the upper strata of intelligence. btw, i'm a white southerner.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
There is a pizza commercial running now which depicts a man standing at a sales counter with pizzas in hand. He says "wow, I can get pizza without waiting or calling ahead. Ya learn something new every day"

The pizza clerk begins to tell him something else and the man says "whoa, that's enough for today" and walks out,

It is not just the schools that are dumbing us down, TV viewers are under constant barrage of justifying dumbness using humor. It's funny so how can it be bad?

/

"Survival of the fittest" no longer applies to the human race, and indeed it is generally the least intelligent, the least educated that perpetuate their genes in greater numbers.

Genetic disorders that once would have been eliminated by nature through natural selection are perpetuated as though they were positive genetic mutations.

Human kind is de-evolving even as we speak. If you consider the above,.. then the future of humankind will be a less intelligent race of sickly genetically messed up humans.

I believe that mankind will be less equipped to deal with any catastrophic event that we cannot fix with technology...

There would be an irony when the most highly evolved creature in the solar system dies off because they could not adapt to some change in their ecosystem that their less evolved forefathers would have been able to weather.

Interestingly enough it was the rock band Devo which set me on a course of understanding the truth in what you say. Until they came along I had been a devotee of the general idea of progress, of mans advancement over the ages, heading towards some manner of perfection, like is depicted in the old sf movie "Things to Come.

Devo came along and toppled that for me. Their music was a head cracker for me, changing up my concepts of good music, though this proved to be less difficult than accepting their message, that we are not progressing but devolving . That idea hurt then and still does.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I meant to type $0.02.

I'm glad there's someone else here who knows what I'm talking about. You're right that the Communists needed intellectuals, but the problem they had is that many of the leadership also feared those same intellectuals. The only way to keep them in check was to threaten them with jail or death if they stepped out of line. Well, glad that's over now.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The following link shows the growth of dependence on government -

18 Charts show rise of Government Dependence

Now compare that information (with sources cited on each graph) with this:

The Decline of Intelligence in America

Or....even this:

Human Intelligence is declining

Paying particular attention to:

That doesn’t mean it’s all downhill, though. Dr. Crabtree says, “although our genomes are fragile, our society is robust almost entirely by virtue of education, which allow strengths to be rapidly distributed to all members."

Except that is not an encouraging statement when it is clear that our education system is not designed, nor performing, to grow or encourage intelligence. Proof being in the previous stats I posted on the OP

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ouvertaverite
it's all over our currency, d. rockyf. has made no secret of his family;s agenda and ghw announced exactly 10 yrs. before 9** that they would get their nwo one way or another under u.n. enforcement--so, what is it you don't believe in, sir or madam?

This thread isn't really about NWO. The Rockefellers are not behind the failure of our education system nor do they have any such "agenda" to take over the world. Sorry, mate...

In fact, they have funded projects (one example below) to try to REVERSE the current failure in education

The California Education Policy Fund (CEPF) is housed and managed as a sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA). RPA has engaged Capitol Impact, LLC, a Sacramento-based education consulting firm with deep knowledge and expertise in statewide education reform, policy, strategy, research and project management to provide management support to the Fund. In addition to working with RPA to ensure successful implementation of the grant program, Capitol Impact provides targeted technical assistance to further leverage the reform-oriented work of grantees as well as encourages collaboration amongst grantees.

CEPF is intended to support a balanced ecosystem of nonprofit organizations working to improve the conditions for education policymaking in the state of California, with an emphasis on underserved students. CEPF invests in high-performing, action-oriented advocacy and organizing groups, as well as groups that focus on research, policy analysis and information sharing.

As of August 2012, CEPF has selected its second cohort of grantees.

The Fund seeks out partners working on statewide policy in one or more of the following areas of interest:

Standards and Accountability: Standards, assessments, and accountability policies that prepare students to succeed in college and the workplace and to compete in the global economy

Data Systems: Improvements in state education data systems that measure student growth and success from pre-Kindergarten-through-college and the workforce, and inform teachers and principals about how they can improve instruction

Effective Teaching: Recruiting, developing, evaluating, rewarding, and retaining effective teachers and principals, especially where they are needed most

College Readiness: Policies to increase college readiness and the proportion of and pace by which low-income young adults progress through community colleges to completion of a credential with labor market value

Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten-12, and/or community college finance reform

Other evidence-based policy reforms: Initiatives including but not limited to extended learning time, universal preschool, and making A-G the default high school curriculum

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Its sad...

The Scientific establishment in the US does seem to be crashing. I have hope though.

We are lazy... spoiled... and have lost our integrity. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why we pull others from other countries and not strive to create our own first is beyond me. The US should be striving to create geniuses. We would rather dig for Gold, I suppose.

The education system here is in need, this is for sure. Here in my city, it's awesome. Some though, do not have the capability to be in a good school district and they are truly few and far between. That to me is troublesome, we could strive for better.

I push my kids to be great in Science and Math. We need children who are pushed to their limits and not filled with excuses as to why they are not top of their class.

We also need to know our kids and be involved.... it makes a world of difference.

I digress.... going to sleepy town and dream about it. lol

That would interfere with the feminists war against boy's. You see, the American educational system has turned into a girls only club that seeks to actively discriminate against male students. They want to drag males down so low that there will be zero chance of a roll back to a more traditionalist society. Also, the progressives want to drag everyone down to the same level. Hence Obama's comment about "Rising tides lifting everyone up" and why 30 hours a week is considered full time(President Obama wants to bring the entire country down to the level of African Americans, as in many African American communities they have to work several part time jobs).

Then you have to realize that beyond the progressive there is the fascists. At the moment they are playing nice and pretending to work with the progressives, but the fascists have other goals and one should look to Britain if they are really interested in what the fascists are up to, as Britain seems to be the central area of any fascist revolution in the West, as Britain is trying to be the first among the Caucasian countries(fascists support feminism because it is useful in breaking up ethnic considerations and inevitably leads to a more unified Caucasian race, while at the same time feminism keeps most non-caucasian groups in chains).

You really have to go back to the 1940's to see what is happening today.
edit on 17-3-2013 by korathin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join