It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your graphics start going bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

One of my customers had some weird things going on with their monitor (strange colours and lines on the screen). I immediately thought graphics card, but when I took the side off I was surprised to find a very small (and very dead) frog sitting on top of the card. It had “leaked” frog juice onto the graphics card components and caused a bit of corrosion. The strange thing is that Kermit was completely dry so may have been there for some time. I would have thought there would have been a problem earlier, while he was still wet!”

www.technibble.com...

Just a reminder to all the ATS computer enthusiast out there to open up your computer from time to time and purchase some canned air. If you need any help let me know as I build them and work on them for a hobby.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
But can you counter the ever-increasing problem of frogs getting into the case? I prefer preventative care

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
How the heck did a frog get in there??

I buy these little filters and cut them to the sizes I need and with a little vecro,tada!
It helps,but I still get a little dirt in there.

Peace,
K

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
But can you counter the ever-increasing problem of frogs getting into the case? I prefer preventative care

A frog is not going to get in your case...
What you counter is a computer dieing from heat because its smothered in dust.
You would be surprised how much temperature can effect performance.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The 2nd and third pic I call SMokers Biscuit.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I had to laugh when I saw these pictures tonight. I had cleaned my case out tonight with some canned air. I have a 200 yard dirt and gravel driveway and somehow even in the winter this place is dusty. I just was checking out a few sites and discovered the frog. My guess is that the person may have it in a basement or by the porch in Louisiana
I freak out if my stuff gets just a little dusty, that web site takes the cake. I also have pets; cat's and dog's but really, those computers look like they were never cleaned.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chisisiCoptos

You know, if it was not for ATS and the ease of EMAIL, I would probably just throw the whole
damn computer into the pond. Seriously.

In the good days, we would just meet new friends at a Keg Party at the Beach.
Now, You cannot have a Keg at the beach, and to meet new friends you have to
Sign In and fill out a Profile.

I wonder how many Frogs would be able to make a home out of my CPU System.

Good God Almighty, Am I being Politically Incorrect?

S&F

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

In the good days, we would just meet new friends at a Keg Party at the Beach.
Now, You cannot have a Keg at the beach, and to meet new friends

I remember having keg parties at Myrtle Beach, Florence and Sumter. When I was attending Francis Marion University we would meet with USC and Clemson to have huge parties out in the country back in 89 and 90

Usually a typical weekend would be 25 to 30 kegs!

We did not know or have all this technology back then. We had to meet people the good way, in person!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The 2nd and third pic I call SMokers Biscuit.

~Tenth

No kidding!! I had a guy give me his old pc a few years ago, thinking it was dead, and all it was was his video card that had died, he was the sort to just go buy a new everything.. meh..

but as I got it running, the amount of sheer gunk caked in everything from the smokes was unreal. I mean, it wasn't dut in so much as it was layered smoke. And it stunk like his house in here for a week.

haha..

I'm still using the cpu to this day, having had to replace everything else over time.

which is amazing considering the heatsink was the equivalent of a smokers lung in a pc.

oO

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Cheers ,
To being in Person.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Hoo Haa, I have done the same a few times.
But the old Graphics Card Integrated Motherboards can be a pain in the neck.
I hold on to it all and try to keep it going as I know the next system I buy will
no doubt be Chinese JUNK with backdoors everywhere.

Maybe I should just switch back to the good old United States Postal Service.
Maybe I'll write you all a Letter someday.
Hell it worked for DECADES.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Cheers
Now we will have to all, for the sake of the good old day's, post a recent picture of your avatar showing yourself as you are, let's just say for a day or two. After a day or two we can all go back and hide behind our original avatars!

What do you say ATS'rs, then we would be forced to see who we are talking to. I can start it, the REAL PERSON behind the name thread.

Well?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I'm pretty ugly there friend.
Not to mention that I have quite a "Following" that I would rather avoid.

At least until Autumn of this year. I will be squared up and ready to go by then.
So maybe I'll participate in your freakshow at that point.

Best, W

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I guess I did not mean to take it out on you but it kind of came into the topic of meeting face to face. I was reading a post the other night about people hiding behind avatars and , bla, bla bla. I think in reality It kind of made sense here so I will probably try it for a day or two to make a point.

Bye the way I am not much to look at myself, that's why I put one of my grand-kids with me

But it is just me trying to prove a point to someone here

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That's a new one. Sir, we found a frog in your system.

Compressed air should be used to clean your computer of dust buildup. I don't think it works on frogs, though.

You'd be surprised how hot your temps can get with years of dust buildup blocking the fans, etc.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Yes maintenance on computers is important hehe
Reminds me of these old IBM XT's a friend had stacked up. You can find mice, rats, spiders, slugs and snails in them. After a good cleaning they booted right up. Even played a round of chess. lol

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

That's funny, I remember the old Compaq computers that some people had that were smokers. Check these out.

edit on 10-3-2013 by chisisiCoptos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Haahaa yeah it can get pretty bad. You gotta where a mask cause that crap in there will make you sick.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I guess if you can get crazy and afford this one;

new topics

top topics

join