It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

link card rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I had to run to my local groc/butcher for some hamburger..As I go to check out there is a younger woman putting her stuff up on the checkout stand. She is talking with her approx. 10 year son about his candy bar choice. I noticed her hair is nicely cut/colored, her makeup all done up..jewelry, very nice clothing and shoes..and a fresh french manicure. She goes to check out and out come the link card..I had to bite my tongue..I wanted to give her a verbal smackdown right there in the store.

There I stand with my old jeans, old boots..VERY old sweatshirt..getting ready to pay for my sh!t with cash! I'm sick of it. I feel like if she can pay for her 100$ jeans (Im a girl I know the brand of jeans she was wearing) she can pay for her groceries. As I go to my car fuming..I notice her drive away in a newer mustang. I get in my rickety 1996 van that's on empty and really feel p0'ed. I hope there will be a day of reckoning for these welfare b!tches...END RANT.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Jealousy is a terrible thing.
Maybe get a career change,pump out a few kids to feckless fathers.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

jealous? Im certainly not jealous of someone on link..what a total disgrace--I would never be on the govt dime. Im pissed because I feel that if she can afford all the little luxuries she obviously treats herself to then she doesn't need my tax dollars to buy a ZERO candy bar.. I would starve before I let the govt pay my way..F that--

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Sorry OP but you assume alot, you don't know her situation was it her car? has her family cut her hair or a pal? did she buy those clothes cheap or are they knock offs?.
Also my understanding is you can get welfare even If you work so once again you assume without knowing.
edit on 6-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I can understand getting mad at that... it's obvious that she is a leech to society, as you are on the side of bettering it.

It all stems back to government, how much government overly intervenes with peoples lives, and how little of accountability that government provides to stand behind the problems they made themselves. That lady is merely acting out of a position of taking advantage of a weak government.

I look at welfare as a guilt trip... carried out by rich people... to keep the maids and chore doers fed so to speak. They decided to not analyze the situation any further than sending a check for some dumb reason.

If I were to install a welfare program to any degree, any money distributed would come with the terms of purchases being analyzed. Then using the analyzed data to provide restrictions on certain purchases, education on how to improve purchases, and some sort of mandated community service to help keep the system afloat. But government doesn't have time to help people... they have money to make.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

im sure she did the french mani by herself too..
Maybe you're right...but I seriously doubt it..and the stitching on that 100$ pair of jeans..I know it..and have NEVER seen a knock off...not around here...at least. I just see way too often and I just don't have a bleeding heart anymore...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I see this sort of thing all the time, and it burns me when I see it too. Anyone defending these people that leech off the system and abuse it are no better than the people doing it. Sorry, but if you are getting assistance you better damn well need it in my book, and if you can sport $100 jeans you don't need it! I am glad that laws are changing to curb the abuse, but it is a long way from being fixed.
edit on 3/6/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's obvious she's a leech on society.

Or a single mother who's out there every day trying to get a decent job and has to look the part to do it. If you don't put the effort in you don't get it out.

Or do they employ shaggy scruffy poverty stricken heroin chic types readily where you live?

I look like I've just been thrown out of prison to be honest, so I know what sort of discrimination people get for simply not looking like the snobs...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
I see this sort of thing all the time, and it burns me when I see it too. Anyone defending these people that leech off the system and abuse it are no better than the people doing it. Sorry, but if you are getting assistance you better damn well need it in my book, and if you can sport $100 jeans you don't need it! I am glad that laws are changing to curb the abuse, but it is a long way from being fixed.
edit on 3/6/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

Iffun yer unemployed, you better damn well look unemployed dag nabbit.

That's MY money you're wearing and I won't have none of it.

Get a job you scruffy hippies and stop leeching off my hard work!!!!!111

rofl... ohhh the irony.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Did you ever think that she may have purchased the jeans before falling on hard times? And just because they retail for $100 doesn't mean you can't get them for significantly less if you are a smart shopper. Clearance sales and stores that sell name brands with slight defects are two possibilities.

French manicure? Ummm, IMHO if you are paying to have it done instead of doing it yourself, you are an idiot. They are not hard to with a little practice.

And never say never about being on the government dime. Even if you make all the right choices, you may find yourself in a situation out of your control one day.
edit on 7-3-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The real problem is that all the posts here are accurate.

There are many, many people who leach off the system and do so continuously.

There are also many people who take the handouts as a temporary solution while they look seriously for work.

Just some things to consider on this occasion. Perhaps her Mum / sister / best friend paid for the manicure as a birthday present. Perhaps her sister works as a manicurist and does it for free. Perhaps the jeans are for best and she was on the way back from an interview or they were a present or she got them at the op shop.

Maybe she is trying really hard and you can't see it!

Maybe she is a leech. You just can't tell. In fact the way you describe her, chances are she is not a leech.

Try not to judge a book by it's cover.

P

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Nevermind.

s&F
edit on 7-3-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join