It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 UN peacekeepers taken hostage by Syrian rebels in Golan Heights

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

20 UN peacekeepers taken hostage by Syrian rebels in Golan Heights

rt.com

Syrian rebels have seized twenty UN peacekeepers in the Golan Heights on the border between Syria and Israel. The United Nations Security Council demands the convoy’s immediate release.

A young fighter saying he was from the "Martyrs of Yarmouk" said the peacekeepers would not be set free until Syrian government forces withdrew from the village of Jamlah, a mile east of the ceasefire link with the Israeli-occupied Golan, Reuters reports.

"If no withdrawal is made within 24 hours we will treat them as prisoners," he said, claiming the UN forces had collaborated with Syrian government
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3/6/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+38 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
These rebels are the people that the West is providing aid to in various ways including but not limited to weapons and intelligence. These "freedom fighters" have a lot of blood on their hands and this is just another indicator of what we are dealing with.

This makes all those "Leaders" from other nations who supported these clowns look even more ridiculous.

I speak to many Syrians locally and they have mixed reactions to this situation, and I do hear stories from people who have family there currently and even though Assad is a power hungry dictator, they much rather him than these monsters.

If the UN took Assad's forces side, then it probably means the rebels were up to their old tricks.

Here is a video of the UN vehicles they now also have in their possession,

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Doesn't the UN "support" the rebels? Correct me if I'm wrong there, been outta the loop with Syria as of late. But last I thought they "supported" the rebels...?

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Say it ain't so Joe!!!!

You mean to say more American funded terrorists have done something bad? /end sarcasm

I am sure some globalist sypathizers with be on here soon, trying to explain how these people mean well.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I try to keep track of what's going on over there but it's all lies that we are told. Don't feel bad, I am confused too and the only thing I am confident of is that the people who funded these rebels are causing people to wake up to the reality of fake wars and foreign intervention and in my opinion most people are no longer easily fooled.

But yes, it's ironic that the Western Backed UN is being held hostage by their own demon child which they created to forward this long planned regime change.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Say it ain't so Joe!!!!

You mean to say more American funded terrorists have done something bad? /end sarcasm

I am sure some globalist sypathizers with be on here soon, trying to explain how these people mean well.

Maybe we can increase their funding?

And yes, we are bound to encounter some people who will try and justify this and blame it on Assad.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Maybe we can increase their funding?

And yes, we are bound to encounter some people who will try and justify this and blame it on Assad.

Hey Corruption!

I love your posts and just wanted to say, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. But in the past, I showed proof from the CFR website where they admitted that Al Quada was helping the Syrian rebels, and YET the shills came out in force spouting the globalist talking points??????

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

That was precisely my thoughts as well. What really got me is the irony of the situation.

I try to keep up as well, but it's getting soo messy over there I'm starting to lose track of everything... Which is prolly exactly what the gov't wants...

Star and flag.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Just as i've said, they're terrorists...and now my Government want to send these terrorists supplies and equipment...you couldn't make it up.

Sending aid for displaced Civilians is a noble worthy effort, and is to be commended and encouraged.

However, sending comfort and aid to the stated enemy in the 'war on terror' isn't. And is in fact, criminal and carries hefty penalties...I hope William Hague has thought about the implications of setting Syria up for a fall by supporting Car bombers and Hostage takers...aka terrorists.

I think a rethink is in order Foreign Secretary?

edit on 6-3-2013 by MysterX because: added text

edit on 6-3-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I knew the rebels were bad people.

NATO supposedly saved their asses I'm lybia and half the fighters or freedom fighters are Libyan.

And I believe some could even be al quida
edit on 6-3-2013 by burntoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

No worries, I didn't think you were being a smart ass

You are right though, I have pointed out Western Support for Al-Qaeda by certain organizations including the CFR but some people are stuck on their beliefs and refuse to accept the obvious evidence of what is going on with these boogeymen they create or at the very least support.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This sounds pretty bogus to me. It makes precisely no sense at this stage, no matter what the rebels thought the UN were doing, for them to capture twenty of them.

They know that the continued existence of the rebellion, though very well maintained considering the lack of support it has had up till recently, relies on good will from other nations. Taking peacekeepers hostage will not achieve any of thier stated goals.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Treason - Dictionary.com

The betrayal of one's own country by waging war against it or by consciously or purposely acting to aid its enemies.

Link

These terrorists are enemies of America and the UN. Any American acting to aid these terrorists are GUILTY OF TREASON.

Obama, Kerry, McCain ect are guilty of treason.

What are the Penalties for Treason?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

These terrorists are enemies of America and the UN. Any American acting to aid these terrorists are GUILTY OF TREASON.

Your right AND wrong!

You see the laws were created by our Feudalist masters. They apply to us and not them! In a truely free society and country as most US citizens believe they live in, these laws WOULD APPLY, to the those who wrote them!.....

edit on 6-3-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I'm not sure if it's bogus, it's being reported by various news sites.

As for it making sense, it just doesn't...as you mentioned. But a lot of what has gone on over there is completely out of the twilight zone so nothing surprises me anymore.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by BoogieMan911

Your right AND wrong!

You see the laws were created by our Feudalist masters. They apply to us and not them! In a truely free society and country as most US citizens believe they live in, these laws WOULD APPLY, to the those who wrote them!.....

Yeah that sounds about right. Do as I say, not as I do.
That sucks big time.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I find it funny that days after Assad said the U.K. was arming the rebels that Hague says what he said.Bullet proof vests,yeah right and the rest.Britain has had its grubby little paws in the rebels since the start.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I was just thinking. Maybe the rebels think they can get something out of this deal by having hostages. Considering they are "backed by the west".

Maybe they will negotiate for, ammo, weapons, food ect. Figuring that they won't get attacked/raided from spec ops because they are west backed...

Just a thought with my conspiracy mind.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It looks like the rebels who took the UN members "hostage" aren't part of the main rebel group.

They claim to have taken them to protect them from the Syrian army shelling, but later admitted that it was in the hope that the Syrian army would stop firing at them (the rebels).

They also claim that the UN staff are their guests, not their prisoners (yeah, right).

The main rebel leaders (who the west are backing) have condemned the actions of this small group and have said they will do everything they can to free them.

As for the UK supplying the rebels with equipment, I am disgusted that our leaders would do such a thing, although not surprised.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add source

The Martyrs of Yarmouk group told the BBC they had taken the observers to stop Syrian troops from shelling them.

The UN mission in the Golan Heights is sending a team to assess the situation and negotiate the observers' release.

Meanwhile, the Free Syrian Army (FSA) - the main rebel fighting force - condemned the seizure of the UN observers.

FSA leader Gen Salim Idriss told the BBC's Newshour programme he would "do everything what I can to liberate them".

edit on 6/3/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Sounds like Israel stirring the pot and trying to bring the fight to its borders, so it can intervene.. publicly instead of covertly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join