It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouds can persist for hours - so why can't contrails do so too??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
One of the commom memes of the chemtrail hoax is that contrails can only persist for a few seconds or minutes, so anything that lasts longer than some similar time cannot be a contrail and therefore must be a chemtrail.

You see clouds persisting for hours - clouds are water droplets, or if they are cirrus clouds they are ice crystals.

So how is it these clouds can persist for hours but contrails supposedly can not, even though they are made up of the same thing - water??

And yes I know that "clouds" are "natural" and contrails are "artificial" - but nonetheless they are still both only water, so why do you insist they behave differently?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Are you denying the FACT that scientists have been having meetings about geo-engineering?

Kinda like the drone deniers in the US saying the program doesn't exist,even though the program has been talked about and documents have been brought forward proving otherwise, don't ya think?

Just remember, that if they are talking about it, it most likely means they are already doing it........

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Just remember, that if they are talking about it, it most likely means they are already doing it.......

Why?
Edward Teller talked about using thermonuclear bombs to dredge harbors. Was that ever done?
Oh, he also talked about SRM geoengineering.

But to be on topic. Do you think that contrails can't last for a long time?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Are you denying the FACT that scientists have been having meetings about geo-engineering?

not at all.

Were you intending to discuss my question, or is your only issue a matter which is entirely off topic and for which you can start a thread of your own if you wish?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But to be on topic. Do you think that contrails can't last for a long time?

Not at all Phage!

I believe that conditions are possible that they could last longer than normal.

My point addressed to the OP, however, was to address the fact that there is proof that scientists have been having meetings about geo engineering and atmospheric conditioning seems to be one of their main topics of discussion!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

My point addressed to the OP, however, was to address the fact that there is proof that scientists have been having meetings about geo engineering and atmospheric conditioning seems to be one of their main topics of discussion!
But your point has nothing to do with anything in the OP. Nothing in your post address the OP.
edit on 3/6/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What is normal and how long is longer? You seem to imply through your post that you have an idea of how long a contrail should last for.

What has scientists discussing GE proposals got to do with a question about how long a trail can persist for, what is the link? Are you saying that trails can persist only because of the Intervention of scientists?
edit on 6-3-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

edit on 6-3-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But your point has nothing to do with anything in the OP. Nothing in your post address the OP.

Ahhhhh, INDEED, you are correct!

My apologies to you and Aloysious!

Mods feel free to do with my first comment as you wish!

I still stand by it, but Phage and Aloysius are right! My bad........

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

And yes I know that "clouds" are "natural" and contrails are "artificial" - but nonetheless they are still both only water, so why do you insist they behave differently?

Perhaps because they are two different things composed of two different makeups?

Surely Jet exhaust contains things that natural clouds do not contain.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Both clouds and contrails hang around in the sky for the same period of time. Clouds are a lot larger so they appear to hang out longer to the human eye.- whilst contrails (jet exhaust) is more easily "diluted" / "dispersed" / .

edit on 6-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I am not sure why I am having trouble quoting but this is what I meant to quote below

"And yes I know that "clouds" are "natural" and contrails are "artificial" - but nonetheless they are still both only water, so why do you insist they behave differently? "

Sorry for the unintentional confusion.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 6-3-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

whilst contrails (jet exhaust) is more easily "diluted"

Contrails are not jet exhaust, or you would see them when every airplane takes off and lands.
Contrails are clouds of ice crystals, pretty much the same as cirrus clouds.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks
point being that contrails and clouds are the same thing. The thread is redundant.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm not a climatologist but I have a clue.

Clouds form by warm air rising from the earth, as it cools, water vapor condenses into droplets or ice crystals to form clouds. they persist because the warm air that forms them comes from a wide area that sustains them.
Contrails are a product of jet exhaust which consists of mainly CO2 and water. This exhaust is hot as it exits the jet engine and condenses as it strikes the cold atmospheric air forming the contrail, much as your breath on a cold day. This exhaust cools quickly to the ambient temperature and dissipates as the heat source ,jet engine, moves away.
I hope this helps.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Beartracker16 because: (no reason given)

link   

That is the point of the thread, yes. And in a way the thread is redundant because this has been pointed out many times. But many people don't seem to understand that point.

link   

Originally posted by Phage

whilst contrails (jet exhaust) is more easily "diluted"

Contrails are not jet exhaust, or you would see them when every airplane takes off and lands.
Contrails are clouds of ice crystals, pretty much the same as cirrus clouds.

Pretty much is not the same as a carbon copy of cirrus clouds, not even close.
If you wish to clarify and say they are the "exact same" that would be a big help.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by seeker1963

Just remember, that if they are talking about it, it most likely means they are already doing it........

please click this link.

Bwahahahaha

Laugh now, Zombie food!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Clouds are much more dense, they can wight tons.
greenearthfacts.com...

Assuming a blue whale is close to 160 (160,000 kg) tones in weight, a cumulus cloud weighs as much as 6,268.75 blue whales!

When you compare a small batch of ice to a larger batch of ice the smaller one will melt faster.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join