It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Cartoon's Life Writing Contest [CLWC] [WINNERS ANNOUNCED!]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Greetings fellow writers.

This month's contest is going to be a little more fun than usual I think. Let's start with a simple question shall we?

* Who is your favorite Cartoon or Animated character?!

Once you've answered that question, write a story from that character's perspective. Be it original within it's own setting, or take it outside the setting, modern day, ancient Egypt whatever suits your creative minds.

The contest will run from today March 6th 2013, until March 31st at Midnight. No submissions beyond that date will be counted as a valid.

ALL T&C's apply

Entries must contain [CLWC]

Enter as many individual stories as you like, story parts or chapters are NOT permitted in this contest.

There is no upper or lower case limit and you may use whatever writing style best suits you.

3 Winners will be chosen based on number of flags they receive. Each will receive the standard 5 applause and Writer Status.

Winners will also appear in the Showcase Of Winners.

Now, let's get to writing shall we?!

As an added rule for this contest. There will also be 2 honorable mentions, based on not only flags received, but the consensus of a few staff members.

These members will also receive Writer Status. These will be members who do not yet have Writer Status.

~Tenth
edit on 3/6/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Congratulations to our winners.

1st Place
Be Vewy Vewy Quiet I'me Hunting The Twuth By ElleLachyme

2nd Place
A Coyote Tail By grayeagle

3rd Place
The Understudy By Beezzer

As usual the 1st place winner will receive writer status and each winner will receive 5 applause's each!

The 2nd place win ended up as a tie breaker, determined by the number of stars received in the OP.

~Tenth
edit on 4/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

wow that sounds fun - it has really got me thinking.. .. I have so many cartoon favourites, like yogi bear and boo boo, scooby doo, the watership down characters .. where to start ????

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Yeah the old school ones are really fun. I'm toying with the idea of writing something with the Thunder Cats...

Of course it's not an admissible submission, but it sure seems like it would be fun.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Interesting concept. This one is going to be tough, but I have a few ideas churning around.

Hmmm.

Thanks for the brain twist!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

No problem, I expect to be fun and challenging

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Dang it! If only there was ever a cartoon rabbit or rodent!

Well, I'll try to think of something!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Dang it! If only there was ever a cartoon rabbit or rodent!

Well, I'll try to think of something!

You're kidding right?!

Lol

Tom And Jerry...Well Tom

Bugs..

Oh Beezer, your sarcasm is priceless sometimes

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I'm gonna enjoy this one!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
so just to clarify here,

are comic book characters also okay?

or is it limited strictly to the animation medium?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Hi here thank fo organising these contests. I'm new to contributing but used to lurk a while back when to my knowledge there were far less entries to plough through.

Unfortunately I found it impossibe to read all the entries for [LOWWC] in the time allowed. I really wanted to be able to complete reading them all and cast my vote and make omments. I was wondering if in a future contest there was any way you guys could see fit to have one closing date for the actual entries, and a second 'read by' date a few days later for people to complete reading all the entries and casts their votes.

I think this'll be a tough one for me, but I'm going to try anyway. ONe question though does the definition of animated extend to animatronics and/or puppets such as in thunderbirds etc?

Edit to add: ditto with the poster above me, des this also include comicbook characters and Newspaper and political cartoons.
edit on 7-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This month's contest is just too good to pass up...........so here's my first entry:

Holy Hell Batman! What have you done?!?!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The Understudy

Mine's up. Some dark Film Noire going on, but I'm in a dark place tonight. Had to let my inner demons run free.

Enjoy.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The Understudy

Mine's up. Some dark Film Noire going on, but I'm in a dark place tonight. Had to let my inner demons run free.

Enjoy.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was able to take a picture of you while you where writing your story....inner demons indeed.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by beezzer

The Understudy

Enjoy.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was able to take a picture of you while you where writing your story....inner demons indeed.

I had that corrected.

I wear a retainer now!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here's my contribution...though I still can't master the link/name of the story thing for some reason.

What can I say...I'm a Neanderthal.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: Meh?

edit on 7-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: Still didn't work.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Super Genius!

Just copy and paste my post buddy.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I've tried the method you told me...but I must be still missing something...or adding something.

At the moment though, I'm pretty zonked. Time to take a nap and approach it with a fresh mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hit the "Quote" button o my post, highlight and copy the HTML garbage, then paste in your sig block.

Hope you sciatica is okay.

beez

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'll try again after my nap. Unfortunately, it's the sciatia that is disrupting my sleep...hence the nap.

Getting better though, slowly but surely. To slow in my opinion. TTYL!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It's the link button at the top of the posting window. Click it, and it'll want a "name to show in this field." Enter your story title. Click, "ok". It tosses up another window, right away, that wants the url of the page, the one I believe you are putting into the first window. Click "ok" again, and voila, insta-link to your story.

Hope that helps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join