It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out my frogs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here is a small timelapse video I made of the arrival of the frogs to part of my pond.
They think its spring,but we could yet have a March of crazy snow drifts as we have had before in my part of the UK.

Most arrive starting at about 32 seconds onwards for folks with a slow connection.
I know my timelapse skills are not good yet,but I am only just starting to learn and experiment with the technique.
Any tips appreciated.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well i cant help you unfortunately with the video. But it looks very good to me. And gives a warm feeling of spring and life. I do hope that snow stays away though

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
they sure do move fast!

cool froggies.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

What perfect timing!

We're studying frogs in class, can't wait to show my little ones this video. They'll get a big kick out of it.

Well done. S&F!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Silcone Synapse
What a wonderful video! Thanks so much for posting it you did a good job i just love frogs..My pond is still frozen over so no sign of any froggies yet but in about 2 months they will be on the march once again..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thank you one and all for your replies,
I shall attempt to make a follow up video in a week or so when there are some tadpoles on the scene.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Now I want a pond.

At first I didn't see anything then I saw them hopping all over the place.
Sooooo cute!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Very cool!!
I couldnt see them good enough to see what kind they were.....but if theyre tree frogs, I pity you! LOL! WHen I was a kid we had a large pond right off of our back deck. Those darn tree frogs were EVERYWHERE.... I mean a bazillion of them EVERYWHERE...and so loud you couldnt sleep by midsummer! I recall fondly my dad cursing the tree frogs... colorfully, closing up the windows and turning the a/c on. To him it was some kind of mortal sin to turn the air conditioning on before it was 105 F.

GREAT vid OP and thanks for the memory jog!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I really like your frogs.
It's really amazing how animals know how to find and identify each other.

The timing too is astounding. They all show up, near as likely at once, all together. I looked, looked, and looked again, and didn't see any of them wearing this season's, or even last season's flagships in Swiss, German, Japanese, or any other time-keeping accessories.

Perhaps i should wear a frog instead of a Seiko, Omega, or Bulova?

Wonderful video, and once again, I absolutely adore your frogs.

Kinda off-topic, as a partial note of humor: If a single bloke showed up at the pub with that video on their tablet, lappy, or whatever, "Would you like to see my frogs?" would suddenly rank as better than any other come-on line opener ever invented in all of history. No guarantees, but, a bloke would definitely get at least one drink's time outah someone ... more's up to you and whoever you show it to.

edit on 6-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

These are not tree frogs,just the humble common frog we get in the UK-But still they make quite a lot of noise,especially when there are lots all together.

Originally posted by Druscilla

Wonderful video, and once again, I absolutely adore your frogs.

Kinda off-topic, as a partial note of humor: If a single bloke showed up at the pub with that video on their tablet, lappy, or whatever, "Would you like to see my frogs?" would suddenly rank as better than any other come-on line opener ever invented in all of history. No guarantees, but, a bloke would definitely get at least one drink's time outah someone ... more's up to you and whoever you show it to.

I hadn't thought of that...
Thanks for the tip!

edit on 7/3/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wonderful OP, S & F!
Thank you so much for sharing your frogs, I loved it & it made me laugh!
Bull Frogs? I'm really looking forward to the tadpoles.
Me Landlady has a swimming pool between us that has been out of commission
for the past few years & it fills up with rain water & all kinds of interesting
creatures move in for the summer. Many tree frogs, they are so small
yet incredibly loud. Often there are snakes & large spiders that carry
1 egg under neath them, like a small marble, pretty crazy. When things start
popping here, I will try & capture some of the action.

Cheers
Ektar

new topics

top topics

join