It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Filibustering Over Drones: I Will Not Let Obama ‘Shred the Constitution’

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

Medea Benjamin (codepink) tweeted that everyone should send flowers, lozenges and Depends

Minus the depends, not a bad idea. Imagine the message that will send too, an endless stream of deliveries.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by burntheships

Will you give the order to deploy the drones?
Confirmed. Service target if capture uneventful.
And There you have it.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Wildmanimal because: typo

Cool story.

Everything in your example is TOTALLY irrelevant to the subject at hand. The subject is not about using drones, it is about using drones ***on American non-combatants***. Please look up the term "non-combatant" if you are confused.

If a guy is known to be a terrorist, and he is in a non-combatant situation, it is absurdly obvious that we don't need a robot plane dropping bombs on his neighborhood obliterating him and his family, we simply walk up and ARREST HIM.

But hey, I'm sure we can all come up with some other wackadoo reason why we need to BOMB UNARMED PEOPLE in the United States. What if there are shapeshifters who look just like Americans but are really sinister Muslim warriors? Then surely we should be allowed to bomb US non-combatants, right?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonD

What if there are shapeshifters who look just like Americans

It appears there are shapeshifters and they have infiltrated our government.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
For those of you who do not think that governemnt
will kill its own remember Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Especially Waco.

Speaking of Waco it was 20 years ago Feb 28 that this happened. There was a small remembrance for family of victims but they did not get publicly honored. The ATF agents killed were publicly honored. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

David Icke was right!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Ted Cruz is rubbing their noses in it. It's really quite inspiring. When he said "I'm going to read from this speech, which is really quite long" and then smirked? LOL!

I gotta read up on this guy. Is he usually a tool? I've never heard of him before this.

He certainly is a tool. He is very abrupt and doesn't care if he rubs people the wrong way. When he was elected there were a lot of people who called him a 'wing nut'.

Did you see him grill Eric Holder? He was like a pit bull and didn't let go until he got Holder to say using drones against unarmed Americans was unconstitutional!!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
My sister called the other day from Missouri to let me know that her husband and her were standing in a parking lot watching a drone flying over them for the first time.

I think our country is headed straight to hell and there's nothing no one can do about it. I think it's too late. We should have thrown a massive fit when TSA started their enhanced pat downs. We should have taken back our power then, and collectively brought the airlines into bankruptcy with refusal to fly until TSA stops treating us like criminals. TPTB see that with time and persuasion, they can make the American people obey and do what they want us to do.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
isnt that a conflict of interest?
rand works for the tea party thats funded by the koch industrials, who have a stake in the military complex.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Let us not forget Rand Paul voted NO on GMO labeling and gave his FULL support to Romney.

Anyone can sit there and talk about how screwed up this country is for 13 hours, unlike his dad, his voting record proves he's a sell out.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Well, I'm no Rand Paul fan, but at least he said something about it, which is more than what anyone else is doing. But it's really too late for America.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

More than anyone else is doing? Alex Jones sits on his radio show reaching millions 6 days a week speaking on the same issues. Countless others sit on youtube and say the same thing. This man put in a 13 hour day probably for the first time in his life and now he's God? Why? Because he's Ron Paul's sell out son?!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Conflict of interest? I would think hindering the governments ability to murder people without due process is in every Americans interest no matter what your affiliation is.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If anything, Rand Paul brought the issue of drones being used in America under the spotlight. Americans who weren't paying attention before are paying attention now. The explosion of tweets and facebooks posts in support of Rand confirms this.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi
reply to post by Taissa

More than anyone else is doing? Alex Jones sits on his radio show reaching millions 6 days a week speaking on the same issues. Countless others sit on youtube and say the same thing. This man put in a 13 hour day probably for the first time in his life and now he's God? Why? Because he's Ron Paul's sell out son?!

No, because he is a senator entering things into record, asking direct questions to those who are doing this ( president, holder, etc), and using the process he can use as a senator to directly confront those who are making this nonsense the law of the land. Alex jones is a proven liar with a loud mouth and a radio show.... who has NO contact or ability to directly question the president, holder, anyone else. Huge difference.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

And all that got the same response as Alex Jones being a "known liar" didn't it?

Nothing.

But Rand will continue on using his status to vote down GMO labeling and throwing his FULL support behind Romney.

Who the bad guy?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Listen to yourself---you are the one who "does not care any more"
Your last line is the dead giveaway- "Let me know how this turns out"
Get up off your dead ASK and get involved and find out for yourself.
Or don't you care enough?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

And all that got the same response as Alex Jones being a "known liar" didn't it?

Nothing.

But Rand will continue on using his status to vote down GMO labeling and throwing his FULL support behind Romney.

Who the bad guy?

PROVEN liar, not known liar. I was listening to jones in 1999.. maybe listen to his y2k radio address.

Who's the bad guy? The Government that says its okay to kill US citizens with hellfire missiles. WHO confronted them? Rand Paul. WHO got very specific things entered into record? RAND PAUL. WHO directly questioned these exact people?? RAND PAUL. WHO refused to answer to we, the people, through Rand Paul? The government that says its okay to kill US citizens with drones.
Its pretty clear who the bad guy is and making this a pissing contest between your favorite Jones and Rand Paul is like comparing apples to oranges in this instance. Jones is an entertainer, Paul is a senator hopefully effecting change and awareness from the inside of the government. THIS is what senators are to do... and what should have been done a long time ago. Jones has no place in this discussion.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

Rand Paul said he was going to stand behing any
Republican nominee before Romney was chosen.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

And the GMO thing?

Why does Rand Paul think that Americans shouldn't know they're eating GMO?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

And the GMO thing?

Why does Rand Paul think that Americans shouldn't know they're eating GMO?

While I don't agree with Rand Paul's vote against GMO labeling, this isn't about GMO. He is taking a stand against drones killing unarmed Americans on our soil. If drones are accepted this way that only expands the possibility for drones being used against anything and that is going too far.

Don't you agree with this?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join