It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Offers Amendment Defunding Obama's Golf Trips

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Congressman Offers Amendment Defunding Obama's Golf Trips

www.whitehousedossier.com

The amendment states:

None of the funds made available by a division of this act may be used to transport the president to or from a golf course until public tours of the White House resume.

Gohmert cited an estimate by Sen. Jeff Sessions, the ranking Republican on the Senate Budget Committee, that 341 federal employees could have avoided being furloughed had Obama not traveled to Florida for a three-day golf extravaganza.

“Perhaps, quitting furloughing all these federal employees, we’ll be able to get the Democrats and Republicans across America (and) people that don’t even hav
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtontimes.com

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Apparently, this was related to the cancelling of WH tours...and will be turned down by Republicans as being too childish...and largely ceremonial protest.

Obama is playing politics with this sequester, rather than leading...and his selective editing where WH cuts are concerned...is designed solely for PR impact as part of his plan to condemn republicans rather than to highlight his own complicity in creating and manipulating the sequester.

I actually liked the idea. If a fish stinks from the head down...shouldn't a country SUFFER in the same way?

www.whitehousedossier.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

“Perhaps, quitting furloughing all these federal employees,” he said, in White House Dossier’s report, “we’ll be able to get … [Americans] their tour of the White House and all it will cost is one or two golf trips less.” Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

www.washingtontimes.com...

edit on 6-3-2013 by IAMTAT because: quote added

Additional news: lonelyconservative.com...
edit on 6-3-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why the hell are we paying for this fool to golf and vacation he makes a salary way more than we make what bs

All the vacations every 2 months because he works so hard at wiping his ass with the condition needs to stop aid to other country's need to stop and all these other wasteful programs need to stop.

The gov let's credit agency's destroy our credit if we mess up but these fools can run up a bill they will never repay that's messed up

I'm not a politician but I could do a better job at a budget than these fools it's simple you don't spend over what u are taking in you drop everything that is not needed.

They can't say we can't we need we fund social security with our Ss tax and stop buying weapons with our money to kill us when we come for ur ass and stop with all the bs

The list of stop they could cut goes on and on all the troops Home close all bases in other country's they should be here defending the country anyways we still have carries those are the only bases we need out of the country

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarface2013

Well said...imagine how many federal employees would be able to avoid furlough, if Obama simply took one or two less golf vacations.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Senator: Obama's Golf Weekend With Tiger Cost As Much As 341 Federal Workers Furloughed

The President had 18 months to develop reforms to improve the government, but instead he announced furloughs of federal workers as a political cudgel. Yet, his golf weekend at the yacht club with Tiger Woods cost taxpayers over a million dollars—enough money to save 341 federal workers from furlough," Sessions writes.

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Heard about this earlier today main stream picked it up it will never make it to the potus to be signed Obama won't give up his golf or anything else he wants.
edit on 6-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
We need to stop all of the congress and the white house paychecks until this ends...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
We need to stop all of the congress and the white house paychecks until this ends...

They're all so deluded they wouldnt even notice.

During the state of the union address we should have walled them all in. Make a little Truman Show-esque habitat for them where they can live out their little lives in peace so we can live out ours in kind.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Well said...imagine how many federal employees would be able to avoid furlough, if Obama simply took one or two less golf vacations.

Aren't federal employees allowed vacation? I thought it was also a fact that Obama has actually taken less vacation time than any other recent president. If he wants to play golf, why shouldn't he?

You are suggesting that if he didn't have his legally entitled vacation other federal employees would not lose their jobs? Get that written into your constitution so it also applies to future presidents, and how far down the pecking order would you like to go as to who is and is not entitled to a vacation?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

You don't take a vacation if your house is burning down. If the president wants to stop free tours open to the people who are paying the bill for it, why would they want their tax money going to his golf game?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28

You don't take a vacation if your house is burning down. If the president wants to stop free tours open to the people who are paying the bill for it, why would they want their tax money going to his golf game?

Apparantly he left for Florida on Friday and returned on Monday. You of course would expect him to work 24*7*365 and you think that would actually make him a fit person to run the country (save your breath, I know what you are going to say). Did this really cost a million dollars or is the congressman going for the drama here?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I guess when you are a second term, lame duck you can forget all about optics. Nero fiddled while Rome burned...Obama tees off while the US economy implodes, and then runs over the Bill of Rights with his golf cart.

GWBush, to his credit, gave up golf (even @ US bases) because the "optics" of a family member of a fallen US soldier would be offended by the C-in-C "playing." Obama doesn't seem to care how things appear to the "little people." You know, those of us who cannot now tour the "People's House" or afford the $500k OFA fee to meet w/our Dear Leader.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

When he "left for Florida" (or anyplace) he doesn't fly Southwest Airlines, rent a Ford Taurus, and stay at the Holiday Inn. Air Force One (and a decoy plane) take to the air; a secondary cargo jet carries the Presidential limo and Secret Service support vehicles. Air space (read other travellers) must be cleared for AF1 to fly. Dozen of Secret Service agents, both traveling w/the President and on the ground sweeping the route/destinations, etc. State and local LEOs must close roads and support the Secret Service along travel route. Literally HUNDREDS of people MUST be mobilized for the POTUS to travel. That is why the argument that GWB going to his ranch at Crawford, TX is a strawman. The ranch was secured permanently (just like Camp David) during his terms. A dedicated traffic plan was established. Obama going to random "new" places gives security logistical challenges each time. And all of this for two days of golf.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Exactly.

No paydays, vacations, golf outings, etc until this mess is figured out.

They seem to have forgotten that they work for us.

edit on 7-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Aren't federal employees allowed vacation? I thought it was also a fact that Obama has actually taken less vacation time than any other recent president. If he wants to play golf, why shouldn't he?

You are suggesting that if he didn't have his legally entitled vacation other federal employees would not lose their jobs? Get that written into your constitution so it also applies to future presidents, and how far down the pecking order would you like to go as to who is and is not entitled to a vacation?

You are forgetting that when Obama takes a vacation, HE does not pay for it like you or I would have to....plus he takes Air Force One....just the gas alone costs alot, not to mention the crews salaries.....and all the secret service agents to protect him and whoever else he decides to take along....

Make Obama PAY for his OWN vacations and we will see how many he really goes on.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

Exactly.

No paydays, vacations, golf outings, etc until this mess is figured out.

They seem to have forgotten that they work for us.

edit on 7-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

Do you think this would float in the corporate world? Your workers do not get paid until the job is done, they do not get holidays or vacations either. Why do we suffer this but they don't and they give themselves raises? WTF?

I like how you think Daryllyn been fun debating/conversing with you in various threads...
edit on 7-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Originally posted by something wicked

You are forgetting that when Obama takes a vacation, HE does not pay for it like you or I would have to....plus he takes Air Force One....just the gas alone costs alot, not to mention the crews salaries.....and all the secret service agents to protect him and whoever else he decides to take along....

Make Obama PAY for his OWN vacations and we will see how many he really goes on.

And do that for every president, past ones still living and future ones. Then see the calibre of crap who put themselves forward knowing for a minimum of 4 years they won't get a holiday.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Do you think this would float in the corporate world? Your workers do not get paid until the job is done, they do not get holidays or vacations either. Why do we suffer this but they don't and they give themselves raises?

I don't think that the comparison between the state and the future of our country and the corporate world, is a fair comparison at all.

If our finances were in order, it would be a different story. Like the above poster stated, 'you don't go on vacation when your house is burning down'. This nation is going to hell in a hand basket, and, he is going on million dollar golf outings with Tiger Woods? On our dime? Is he serious?

In my opinion, if he really cared about any of it, he would show it by getting things done instead of lying, pointing the finger at others, and going on vacation.

I enjoy debating with you as well. I like being challenged on my thoughts and opinions as it is eye (and mind) opening and inspires me to dig deeper in search of the facts.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There is always something going on, whether it be the economy, a natural disaster, a shooting, a war... enough to criticize the President for doing anything at all relaxing or enjoyable.

I don't approve of his leadership. However, I have no problem with his golf outings.

In fact, I'd appreciate it if he did nothing besides golf, and leave the real work to someone more responsible.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
HA! I love it! That silly POTUS Obama acts like a child and cancels the White House tours ... so he'll get a taste of his own medicine by having his golf outings taken away! Awesome! But the only problem is that if that happens he won't have anything to do with his time .. he might actually become engaged in the Oval Office on big ticket items ... and that would be a mess!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join