It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey all you gun grabbers, guess what? The police are not obligated to protect you!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

thatd be right around the time i put it back in drive and ran him over!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Somehow the establishment propaganda network, I mean the mainstream media, forgot to mention this small detail.

Thankyou for this line. To often our friends here and elsewhere place way to much emphasis on only one arm of the beast. The government. Then others on an other arm the corporations. Ah no. Make that the head.
But in any event I applaud your coining of this phrase. The Establishment Propaganda Network.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This might of been said before, but the concept of "To Serve and Protect" is meant to serve and protect the state, county, or city that the police are employed by. They are employed to keep public conduct in it's place.

Now, what does that mean for the average joe? Simple..... if a crime is caused to you, the individual, they will take note of it and investigate for the sake of the state. You can't pay taxes, if you have all your money stolen from you. You can't pay taxes if you have been murdered. You can't pay taxes if you suffer emotional damage from violent crimes and are unable to work. So, they are looking out for your ability to pay your taxes and thus, their paychecks.

If you've been threatened, they will do nothing. If you know about a crime that could happen, they don't care. They won't do anything until AFTER a crime has been committed.

I agree with the OP. Don't count on the police to help you, by the time they get there it's traditionally to late. Get training on how to use firearms and protect your rights to protect yourself.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i like to live by this motto,
Having a Gun and Not Needing It is Better Than Needing a Gun and Not Having It.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by gladtobehere

The police don't protect anybody. If they did crimes would be stopped before they happened. They're there to clean up the mess.

Exactly: they show up after the crime to fill out the paperwork.

I managed a retirement community and occasionally there would be, late at night, people of questionable integrity (shall we say) on the property...private property.

At the very least these individuals would be conducting drug deals, at the very worst looking for something to steal or break into...

After a 911 call reporting said individuals a police officer showed up 30 minutes later and told me that my call was not a genuine emergency and not to call 911 for trespassing ever again.

He then told me that as Manager I was able to "protect the residents and their property with whatever means were necessary".

HOLY CRAP...I thought we paid the police to do that shiite.

That is when it struck me...they are not interested in preventing crime or protecting me from it, but rather just dealing with the aftermath.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yeah, those were cops that wouldn't risk their lives for anybody....they exist as well as straight up crooked cops. I know good cops are out there as well, either way, I have a 40 caliber Springfield strapped to my chest. NO DOUBT I would have had this REAL HERO's back. I am not saying I would be part of the bravery in that subway that day....I mean a knife versus a gun...no risk for me, but yeah if you're waiting for someone to save your backside, you're gambling with your life and or your loved ones lives.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

I wish I had something to add to this but you summed it up very well.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Clearing up a few things....not taking sides

Fact:

What this thread is about, is true in a sense...but is almost always misconstrued. Police Officers ARE under NO obligation to die to protect YOU. That is the regulation. Basically it means if a bad guy has you pinned with a rifle or a knife or whatever the Officer does not HAVE to risk HIS life for YOURS. Now, are there some Officers out there who may use this to their advantage? Of course. Are there some who would accept the risk...yes. BUT it all comes down to that particular Officer's perception of the danger involved. What about your perception and ability to act?

Fact:

Police are "1st responders"...what does that mean? well primarily they are responding to the alert or notification of a crime. So naturally in a response to something already occuring, they are way behind the power curve to be effective in interdiction, although they do get lucky sometimes. What does this mean for you? Simple. YOU are your OWN first line of defense in this world. There definitely are samaritans out there, BUT would you rather trust a stranger to do the right thing for you, or make sure youre able to do it yourself? I dont care if you love guns or hate guns, you should always be aware of your situation anywhere you are. You should have some kind of WHAT IF plan, and any kind of tool to help you accomplish that plan. Whether its a gun, a knife, pepper spray, stun gun, or a rock...doesnt matter to me. Its up to YOU. If you dont understand situational awareness, planning for emergencies, and using effective tools for your own safety then i beg you to GO GET TRAINING...the life you safe could be YOURS.

Fact(?)(well more of a factpinion)

DONT expect the Local PTB or the Nanny State Federal Government to take care of you in this regard. They are not on the street, not in your home, and not sharing in your day to day problems. These people cannot even put together a budget in four years, your life is yours to choose and no one elses. Never leave it up to someone else. Educate yourself, make good informed decisions, keep you and yours safe.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Police are the wrong guys for their job......
The psychological profiling they use to select the officers candidates are flawed in the direction of the PTB...they dont want the kind of cops on the force that are willing to serve and protect.....they want unthinking goonsquads.
After they are "selected" they are trained to do the job in ways you would certainly not agree with.....

Nice speculation. How many police officers do you actually know.. not the ones that may have cited you for some reason or another, but officers you hang out with? I guessing zero. I have quite a few police officers that I know via community events and also as friends. They have a tough job and a lot of time don't get the recognition they deserve mainly because most peoples interactions with them are when they are breaking the law and getting arrested or a ticket and that weighs heavily on a lot of people due to pride. All of the officers I know would not hesitate to protect someone who was in need at the heat of the moment. They cant be everywhere and at every crime there just are not enough of them, but a lot of them are good honest people, sure there are always going to be douche bag power trip cops but its like that in every walk of life.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Sorry but I can’t watch the video and there isn’t a description of what it is about so I am just guessing what this thread is about.

Please forgive me if what I have to say sounds out of context.

The police have no obligation to risk their lives for yours. Most will in many cases but when it comes down to it if it is a choice between there life and yours it is only human instinct for them to pick themselves.

The secret service will sacrifice their lives for those they are tasked with protecting most firemen will rush into burning buildings to save others’ lives at their own peril however even they will not take what are considered suicide missions and I do not blame them for it either.

When officers and fireman the like do save someone at great risk to themselves it is an act of heroism and should be recognized.

I have seen where many have posted that they think that it is part of their job well those people are incorrect. Until I joined this forum I hadn’t realized just how many people out there believe that police are under obligation to risk their lives for the public. I have read comments where some have downplayed where an officer risked his life to save someone where the poster said that it was just their job. Like I said that is incorrect. A police officer is tasked with many things but bodyguard they are not.

Again my apologies if this is out of context but the OP didn’t give a description of the video and at page two I hadn't read where it was discribed yet..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join