It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey all you gun grabbers, guess what? The police are not obligated to protect you!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Originally posted by Hopechest
I would personally like to thank officer B****e M*****n.

I was walking on a backwoods trail from school one day when a homeless man approached me. He had a large stick and was hitting it against the trees as he was making my way towards me, I didn't know what to do but the officer pulled up behind me on his mountain bike.

The man swung the stick at the officer and he quickly detained him. Had that been just me I don't know.......

Thank you officer.

What if the officer wasn't there at the time - what would have happened?

This is why it's good to be able to defend yourself. You may not always have an Officer Friendly on his trusty steed to handle the situation for you.

Glad you're ok!
Ummm.................Well...She/He does have Tinkerbell for an Avatar
....A Blonde Tinkerbell at that..........right Tink...or I mean Hopechest?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
They're nor required to protect you, just like they are not required to come if you call 911.

If they were there would be a lot of lawsuits about "the police didn't come to save me!"

Of course we need to protect ourselves and not rely on them, though.

Okay, now back to the cop bashing. Go ahead everyone.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I figured that out almost 35 years ago, twice in the span of 3 months I almost lost my teeth to the local "Protectors" I can tell you this that I have never broken a law in all my life except for one speeding ticket which was not one of the above instances.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Not bashing cops or anything, but a couple of months ago I had a roommate that was being loud and disorderly. Typical drunken behavior. Anyhow, I had finally calmed him down enough so that he could attempt to sleep. It was 2:30 in the AM. He promptly fell asleep, much to my relief. Roughly 3:45 A.M I hear a knock at the front door. I thought "What the hell..." Grabbed my grandfather's Machete, and answered the front door. I only had it open an inch, when the cop forced his way into my apartment shouting, "Don't b******t me, We heard you from outside!, Stop F****n acting like you're sleeping. Where's the fat guy who was in the window? Get him out here!"

My other roommate had been asleep since midnight... I was put on the defensive. I assertively told the cop what had happened, that he needed to calm down. "Shut the F*** up and Sit your ass down." was all I got in reply. I strode up to him and I told him he needed to leave, what he was doing was official oppression. A felony, and something he didn't want to lose his job over. "I didn't tell you to speak!!"

By this time, my roommate had gotten out of his room to check out the commotion. The drunk one still passed out on the couch. He proceeded to berate my roommate and I snapped and began to shout at him, "Get the f*** out of my house, you phallic looking worm, What you are doing here is illegal and I swear to your god I will have your f****n' job"

He was livid, he demanded my ID. I told him exactly where he could go and what he could do with a very sharp bit of barbed wire. He promptly left and I found a ticket in my mailbox. He used the Name on my mailbox and the address of the call to issue me a "Noise Violation" at the cost of 250 dollars.

I talked to my upstairs neighbors apologizing profusely. Turns out they were called at 1 in the morning. They hadn't arrived until shortly before my sober roommate looked out the window. I had requested an investigation launched into this matter but the supervisor has yet to get back to me. Protecting their own I suppose.

The Police are not to be trusted, just saying.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I know that. That's why I have guns. DUH!! But this thread may scare some of the sheep. They still think the police are there to protect them. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The police are there to enforce the laws, nothing more. So they are there to protect the state. Period

That is why they have that cool chalk to draw around the bodies....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

As a police officer I can say Police are not present to protect the individual but rather we protect society as a whole.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone.

I dont want the police to protect me. I just want to be legally allowed to protect myself by any means necessary including from the police.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I just want to let everyone know that intentionally trying to sabotage the US constitution is treason. And all gun control in the United States is strictly against the US constitution, 2nd amendment, specifically where it states: "shall not be infringed".

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

As a police officer I can say Police are not present to protect the individual but rather we protect society as a whole.

As a citizen I do not expect you as a police officer to protect me as an individual. As a citizen I expect you as a citizen to aid me if possible if I am in trouble the same as I would do my best to aid you if I saw you were in trouble. The badge is plastic. It means nothing.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The reason that the state is not responsible for your safety stems from many lawsuits that eventually made it to SCOTUS review basically setting the mark for the state's now responsibility. or not, to the public. The state no longer is directly or indirectly concerned with the rights and good standing of the citizenship the main objective for the state is survival and that comes at a heavy price. How does something like this happen. Deshaney vs Winnebago county was the first case of its kind that SCOTUS granted certiorari and was found in favor of the state. Why is this such a big deal? This happened in 1989 and the years that followed many of the think tank organization like Raytheon and other evil doers sat out to rewrite police and civil policies to gain more effectiveness in law enforcement using every chink in the armor of liberty they could find. This case may have lost the population more ground to our sovereign/Leviathan then any other law or court finding. Here's a brief summary of the case on Oyez to give you a little more understanding how this can transpire.

www.oyez.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I don't think that most would argue they aren't there to help. They are. What they are not there for is to be our personal bodyguards. As pointed out earlier, and in you case there was an officer on hand to stop a crime but that is not their primary responsibility, if it were they would have one designated to each citizen at all times.

The main priority of any police department is to investigate crimes that have already happened, and gather evidence so that a prosecutor can bring charges against the criminal. In your specific case for instance it was not the mans apparent intentions that compelled the officer to take the action of arresting him, it was his illegal act of swinging the stick at the officer. Had he not done that, and not been breaking any other laws the officer would have had no choice but to leave him be, and the man would have waited for a more opportune victim.

Luckily for you the officer was nearby, and luckily for the next person who walked by the man broke the law by attempting to strike the officer.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Sometimes they are just in time, but more often they aren't. Compare the number of investigations that take place in a P.D. compared to the number of illegal activities that are stopped before hand.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

That guy needs to be on one of those "stupid advice" videos. What idiot is going to take the time to lure a possibly armed criminal into their bedroom? If a person has the means to protect themselves, their family, and their property then do it.

All I can say is that anyone attempting to break into my home will find out just how quickly I can unload my .45.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

More dumb advise from another dumb cop. Doing what you described,
A: Leaves evidence that most detectives, and even beat cops aren't going to miss, and
B: Seriously hurts your credibility, and chances when the department brings forth murder charges against you

The simple fact is that if someone is a REAL threat to your life, or the life of others you have a right to use lethal force for protection. Now, if it turns out that you were wrong, and that person posed no real threat of immediate danger then you will be prosecuted for your criminally irresponsible actions, and rightfully so. The use of lethal force is not something that should be taken lightly. Use your guns, but use them wisely or pay the consequences.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

You are absolutely right about unlawful discharge. In many places you can also be charged for firing through an exterior door or window even if you are firing at a would be intruder.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by peaceful1oflove
If everyone just helped each other out like they SHOULD, crime wouldn't be at the rate it is today. Criminals figure that no one will come to the victim's aid so they are free to do as they wish. What we need is for people to see everyone as their brother and sister and have each other's backs.

I agree in a Utopian world we would all love and respect one another. Unfortunately we don't live in that world, and even if you are in a close nit community it does not guarantee that you will not be a victim of violent crime.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
I agree with the OP's topic. Police will protect if they are present when someone's life is threatened through unlawful conduct by another person or self. The main job of the police is to enforce the law. There simply isn't enough police presence to protect everyone at all times. Until all the facts are known, shooting an intruder in your home can also be illegal, which is why you will go to the lockup after the shooting.
edit on 6-3-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

No, you do not go to lock-up after a shooting unless there is evidence that the said shooting was unlawful. They will however usually confiscate the firearm that was used until they conclude with the investigation.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
At our department there are 8 deputies to cover 800 square miles and 30 miles of I-70. Half are over 50 years old with an average of 25 years experience. Now, I work with these guys every day and there has been a ton of turnover for the younger half. About 1 in 10 are flat pricks and should not be allowed to hold a gun, these are weeded out pretty quick around here. Another 4 of those 10 are scared to death but generally good guys. Backup if you need it is at least 20 to 30 minutes away at any given time and they typically last until the first time they respond to a crazy person chasing his family around with an ax at 3am (yes, has happened more than once in my time there). Then they start getting sick a lot when scheduled to work solo and pretty soon leave to a bigger better paying department where there is safety in numbers. The other half are honest, helpful people who want the job for the right reasons and do their best. However about 3 of those 5 get sick of people's bulls nip and quit when the child molester walks free or the murderer is released before they get to bed the next morning, or average joe is cussing their kids at the bus stop cause daddy didn't catch the guy who stole grannie's string of pearls. Or child services keeps returning children until one of them finally gets hurt.

That leaves 2 guys. 2 guys who stick with it, ignore the bull snip and keep trying. Now, these 2 guys don't have a crystal ball foretelling where the next crime will occur or a teleportation device to get to the crime scene 20 miles away the moment it is happening. Most of the time these guys make their cases stick and the bad guy stays in jail for a minute, but when they don't they beat themselves up about it and try to do things differently the next time. These guys rush to the scene when the guy with a fully auto ar is spraying bullets all over I-70 and take him down though their patrol car is riddled with bullets that some jack nut will complain about fixing with tax dollars. If you need help they will get to you as fast and hard as they possibly can and will risk or even give their lives to help you. BUT, every one of those guys will tell you a gun in your hand is worth a thousand cops on the phone.

Let the bashing continue, but please do me a personal favor. Next time you run into one of the aforementioned pricks, don't just bellyache on some forum. Call the department and ask to speak with the sheriff or chief and report your experience. It may just help them weed them out a day or two sooner.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Police are the wrong guys for their job......
The psychological profiling they use to select the officers candidates are flawed in the direction of the PTB...they dont want the kind of cops on the force that are willing to serve and protect.....they want unthinking goonsquads.
After they are "selected" they are trained to do the job in ways you would certainly not agree with.....

Ah so you've been to police academy?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

What the hell is a "gun grabber"? haha sounds like some down syndrome hillbilly slang for gun advocates.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join