It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey all you gun grabbers, guess what? The police are not obligated to protect you!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
But don't worry, the police have solutions! you can use bleach to protect yourself, you can scream and yell, you could even hide in a closet. You can do all the wrongs things, but you can't do the right ones.

Thanks OP for sharing this in my current thread about police giving terrible survival advice, and I feel these 2 threads both deserve cross referencing.

check out my current thread w/video of police sharing absurd survival tips: www.abovetopsecret.com...

S+F

I can see it now, you stop an intruder with bleach or as I've seen of late hornet spray and two years later you lose your house because of the civil lawsuit the perps lawyer just won against you for using a substance you knew would blind or maim the criminal.

What a wonderful state of affairs we cornered ourselves into..

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I
edit on 6-3-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

It's wonderful when cops save people b4 a crime happens, but murder, rape, violent crime, assault statistics bascially tell us a different story which is that cops aren't performing in that capacity.

Get a gun, know how to use it, kill a badguy/gal and make sure if you kill em on your lawn you pull em into your house b4 the cops get there. Then tell them nothing other than so and so broke in, I said "I'm armed and fearful for my life and will use deadly force", then I killed him after he/she came toward me. I was told this by a county sheriff.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

Good to know. Kudos~

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

I would personally like to thank officer B****e M*****n.

I was walking on a backwoods trail from school one day when a homeless man approached me. He had a large stick and was hitting it against the trees as he was making my way towards me, I didn't know what to do but the officer pulled up behind me on his mountain bike.

The man swung the stick at the officer and he quickly detained him. Had that been just me I don't know.......

Thank you officer.

What if the officer wasn't there at the time - what would have happened?

This is why it's good to be able to defend yourself. You may not always have an Officer Friendly on his trusty steed to handle the situation for you.

Glad you're ok!

I was just saying that they are there to help, at least from what I've seen. Maybe some don't but I don't see that to be the case.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)
I really hope that you don't live to regret your faith and trust in the police. I'm not being condescending at all, and this is with all due respect, but judging from your posts here, and on other threads, you come off as being extremely young, or extremely naive. The cops are not here to protect you.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

We already know this. Police respond to crimes that have been committed, they don't prevent them.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I was walking on a backwoods trail from school one day when a homeless man approached me. He had a large stick and was hitting it against the trees as he was making my way towards me, I didn't know what to do but the officer pulled up behind me on his mountain bike.

The man swung the stick at the officer and he quickly detained him. Had that been just me I don't know.......

Thank you officer.

You probably would have felt secure in that situation had you had a firearm and a CCW permit.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I find it funny that the gun-grabbers are suspiciously absent from this thread... I wonder why? Maybe because when you present them with factual evidence that shows a need for personal firearm ownership they can't do anything but huff, puff, and whine, which takes so long because they are so full of hot hair, that they forget to post. Works for me.

Their logic says we don't need guns because the cops can protect us. Then you demand a cop protect you, and he lets you in on the little secret that A. It's not his job to protect you, and B. he is under no legal requirement to protect you.

Maybe some gun haters will at least realize the need for some guns, so then they will tell you that you only need a single shot firearm. Then you ask why the police need firearms with 15 and 30 round magazines, and they say because cops have to protect people. Hmm, forgot that cops didn't have to protect us.

Do you know why cops carry guns? To protect themselves. That's not a joke it's the truth. So cops can carry guns to protect themselves, but we cannot, even though there is nobody in the whole country who is responsible for protecting us.

Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying, gun haters are some of the most emotional and ignorant people I've ever met. That's not an insult, that's a keen observation. They use emotion to argue points instead of logic and fact. That's not the sign of a mentally stable person. Maybe they are right, THEY shouldn't own guns, I wouldn't trust one of em with one.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
the amount of police have doubled in the town i live in since the sheriff was first elected. most drive souped up v8 camaros, or undercover vehicles. it is simply bat s*** insane at this point.

heaven forbid you get pulled over at night, because there are so many on patrol that a really bored. i've seen 4-5 police cars as "backup" for someone not using a turn signal at 3 in the morning when there was practically no one on the road.

police state u.s.a.

Move to rural America it is dying and therefore where I live there are 5 Full time Sheriff's Deputies and the Sheriff to cover a little over 8k citizens and 750 square miles. Only 1-2 on duty at any given time. Two of them are clearly in their late 50s and the Sheriff is an old man. None of the beefed up testosterone fueled city cop kind around here...in fact I question their ability to respond to any crime other than loose cows which is all that we hear on the scanner. That and a deer strike or a drunk driving fatality - unfortunately way too many of those.

Some of the "larger" towns here; both the one with 1K and the one with 3.9K have their own police departments. I think the town with 3.9k people has a full time Chief and two full time Officers all three of which are over 60 it looks like. Not a huge vote of confidence in their appearance I assure you. One drives around with her two Yorkies in the car - blue hair and all. Course who else but a retiree is going to work for $10.00 an hour for police work.

Out here we are indeed on our own and we have hardly any crime. That's because everyone here is armed at home for sure and in the car probably. Good portion of the people have CCW permits as well.

Very far from a police state here. The tax base simply doesn't exist to justify the shenanigans some of these mid-size and above US cities seem to be playing with police powers. I heard they were cutting back by attrition the number of full time Deputies because of budget cuts. Simply no dollars for it and since there is virtually no crime who would want a tax increase to hire more?

I can't remember when anyone I know got a ticket for any sort of moving violation that didn't involve an accident and the State Troopers. I wonder if they even write citations. I'll have to ask around.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I was told once by an officer.

Dead men tell no lies.
Sometime during the engagement yell, 'Stop or I will shoot."
Sometime during the engagement fire a warning shot into the ceiling for all to see.
Shoot the bad guy.

When interviewed the right order is, warning shot, yell so the neighbors here it, shoot to wound, left of the heart is a good place to aim.

When attacked, shoot to kill, yell a lot, put one in the ceiling!

This advice was given for a 12 gauge.

P

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
I was told once by an officer.

Dead men tell no lies.
Sometime during the engagement yell, 'Stop or I will shoot."
Sometime during the engagement fire a warning shot into the ceiling for all to see.
Shoot the bad guy.

When interviewed the right order is, warning shot, yell so the neighbors here it, shoot to wound, left of the heart is a good place to aim.

When attacked, shoot to kill, yell a lot, put one in the ceiling!

This advice was given for a 12 gauge.

P

Do you live somewhere where it's legal to fire guns on the property? Because if it's illegal to fire guns in your area (it's illegal in most cities) Then that officer, like many, obviously didn't know much about the law.

Firing warning shots is illegal. If someone broke into your home, and you fired a warning shot, the cops would probably get you for illegal discharge of a firearm, even if you did also shoot the intruder. It depends on how dickish the DA is feeling to press charges, but they seem pretty eager to put anyone possible in front of a judge.

Stupid? Yes, I think so. While the only time I'd shoot a gun in my home is if I'm trying to kill an intruder, in some circumstances a warning shot would dissuade a would-be intruder without having to resort to blood shed. I have a two story house, I wouldn't shoot up or I might hit someone. I wouldn't shoot down, it would probably go into the basement and hit a water pipe, furnace, or water heater. Shooting into the walls with anything other than birdshot could kill neighbors or people outside.

But if it's possible to safely fire a warning shot I think it's a good idea, not in the case of someone actually threatening your life, then you just kill them, but someone is on your property with nefarious intentions, a warning shot could get him to leave before you have to kill him.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If everyone just helped each other out like they SHOULD, crime wouldn't be at the rate it is today. Criminals figure that no one will come to the victim's aid so they are free to do as they wish. What we need is for people to see everyone as their brother and sister and have each other's backs.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I agree with the OP's topic. Police will protect if they are present when someone's life is threatened through unlawful conduct by another person or self. The main job of the police is to enforce the law. There simply isn't enough police presence to protect everyone at all times. Until all the facts are known, shooting an intruder in your home can also be illegal, which is why you will go to the lockup after the shooting.
edit on 6-3-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Serve and Protect has been removed from the area police cars, they now just say POLICE.

They protect the assets of the State, and collect as many taxes as they can in the process. They have never been about protecting "you," I believe the only agency charged with doing that are the Sheriffs. All others are not about you, but about the assets of the State and the business that employ them. It has been this way for 100 years.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The idea of having police officers around to enforce the law is all fine and dandy.

However, police usually show up AFTER a crime has been committed. If a pack of drug fiends storm into your house trying to rob and murder you, the police aren't going to be able to save you.

They'll just be there in time to put up the yellow tape.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
A human being has the right to be innocent until proven guilty
according to our constitution, anyone who wishes to disarm
the public because they fear the weapons they have are most
likely guilty of something, if they weren't then what do they have
to fear? the vast sweeping majority of gun owners would never
use their weapon to kill in cold blood, they would however
protect others and themselves from being harmed.

If lawmakers have nothing to hide then why worry about it at all?
these weapons are only meant to be used on the guilty, so all
in all i still don't see any justification for removing weapons from
public hands. don't worry if you've done nothing wrong, you have
nothing to fear.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Is fascinating OP.

I have police friends and would never have thought to ask them about this - especially with some of the stories I've been told. I just assumed it was part of the job.

I used to work behind a counter when I was a teenager, and the security persons there told me that they were under orders to delay their arrival time when our personal alarms were set off as long as possible. I guess at the time I wasn't that shocked since it was just a security person ... is fascinating to think that police can operate by the same logic.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately the days of the friendly, helpful cop are all but over. Yesterday, I stopped to get gas. As I was filling up, a county Sherriff's Deputy pulled in on the other side of the pump and started to fill his tank.

I'm a nice guy, so I say Hi to him and ask him how his day was going and the first thing he says to me is "Get your F'ing windshield fixed."

Not "Hey, it's illegal to have a cracked windshield and you should look into getting it fixed." but, "Get your F'ing windshield fixed."

What kind of professional courtesy is that? I understand that it's the law, but I don't have $300 to throw away on a new windshield.

It's not the first time I've seen something like this happen. I don't know when the police got on this power trip they're on these days, but it's getting bad.

That's not to say all cops are like that, I know a few who are nice guys and are quick to help, but it seems that the majority these days just want to feel tough, and were too fat to get into the military, so they become a cop.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Thank you officer.

You probably would have felt secure in that situation had you had a firearm and a CCW permit.
Umm, she said she was in "school".

Gun Nutters wanna give School children CCW's now?

Priceless

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

A girl, young or not, walking home from school, through backwoods? The fact that the officer was there is super lucky. If it really was backwoods, I wouldn't expect an officer to be riding his bike through the trails... Unless crime there was prevalent, in which case, why the heck was she walking there?! If I had a daughter, or even a young son, I wouldn't want them walking through some creepy woods. (And, hypothetically, it's not impossible for the cop to be a creep who would take advantage of the isolation of the backwoods.)

I actually never had a bad experience with police, personally, but I can't say I like the direction the state of our security forces, including police, are headed. Here, in western Washington, at least in the city/town I live in, all he police forces "work together" and have jurisdiction whether they're staters, city, county, or even military. I like the idea of the Sheriff most, but its all the same now, as far as I can tell.

Again, I have no first hand complaints... (Except for that one time, in the year 2000, which I just remembered... Seriously. I just never thought about I that way.)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join