It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey all you gun grabbers, guess what? The police are not obligated to protect you!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone.

More examples can be found here: Police Have No Duty to Protect You.

Somehow the establishment propaganda network, I mean the mainstream media, forgot to mention this small detail.

It would seem that in their haste to disarm the law abiding citizen, they conveniently neglected to tell us that police have no formal obligation to protect anyone.

Wait what?

What happened to "serve and protect"???

"People dont need guns. Only the government and police should have guns".

You can thank me later. Right now, get off your computer and go pick up your shiny new firearm.

Or you can choose to ignore this crucial message and find out the hard way:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
fxhummel1 sums it up nicely.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Good to know....Where do I sign up for the lawsuit to get my money back??

There has got to be a lawyer out there somewhere to take this one on!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The police don't protect anybody. If they did crimes would be stopped before they happened. They're there to clean up the mess.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT SIR!

The Police are not there to protect you.
Oh sure if they are in the area and they see a crime in progress they'll lend a hand.
But the Police is there to investigate to investigate crimes that already occurred and attempt to catch the perpetrators after the fact.
And also to protect city property.

If you think that the cops are white knights coming to save you. well you're deluded and I have some swamp land for sale.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I would personally like to thank officer B****e M*****n.

I was walking on a backwoods trail from school one day when a homeless man approached me. He had a large stick and was hitting it against the trees as he was making my way towards me, I didn't know what to do but the officer pulled up behind me on his mountain bike.

The man swung the stick at the officer and he quickly detained him. Had that been just me I don't know.......

Thank you officer.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

I was walking on a backwoods trail from school one day when a homeless man approached me. He had a large stick and was hitting it against the trees as he was making my way towards me, I didn't know what to do but the officer pulled up behind me on his mountain bike.

The man swung the stick at the officer and he quickly detained him. Had that been just me I don't know.......

Thank you officer.

What if the officer wasn't there at the time - what would have happened?

This is why it's good to be able to defend yourself. You may not always have an Officer Friendly on his trusty steed to handle the situation for you.

Glad you're ok!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
But don't worry, the police have solutions! you can use bleach to protect yourself, you can scream and yell, you could even hide in a closet. You can do all the wrongs things, but you can't do the right ones.

Thanks OP for sharing this in my current thread about police giving terrible survival advice, and I feel these 2 threads both deserve cross referencing.

check out my current thread w/video of police sharing absurd survival tips: www.abovetopsecret.com...

S+F

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Thank you officer.

This is why it's good to be able to defend yourself. You may not always have an Officer Friendly on his trusty steed to handle the situation for you.

Glad you're ok!

I was just saying that they are there to help, at least from what I've seen. Maybe some don't but I don't see that to be the case.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
and yer point ? - ever hear this:
when seconds count police are minutes away.
ya could always fire a 12 gauge twice - if yer a girl - i'm sure that will bring em running - right cranky joeyB.
edit on 6-3-2013 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
and yer point ? - ever hear this:
when seconds count police are minutes away.
ya could always fire a 12 gauge twice - if yer a girl - i'm sure that will bring em running - right cranky joeyB.
edit on 6-3-2013 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

I was driving in a car with a friend and she cut someone off...the guy sped around and stopped in front of us, got out and started slamming on our hood....that second I heard the police siren go bloooop blooooop....they aren't always minutes away.

Sometimes they are just in time.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Here's a tip I once got from a cop back in the day. I'm sure this tip wasn't for general purpose. He told me if ever there's a break in make sure to lure the intruder into your bed room. This, apparently, is considered last sanctuary or something to that effect. I can't remember the terminology he used. Once he's in there you can do pretty much anything you want. Just make sure to break in your bed room door once you're done.
edit on 6-3-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Was that officer Joe Biden?

Such horrible "advice" that keeps getting repeated by wannabe commandos.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

So you did hear this before as well? I'm not saying it's good advice. I not even sure if I could be such person but if you're the kind of person who can bring yourself to do what ever it takes and can actually hold your own in this kind of situation, don't you think it would be a viable option?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Thank you officer.

Glad you're ok!

Nothing would of happened, a homeless guy with a stick, im sooooo scared...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx

Thank you officer.

Glad you're ok!

Nothing would of happened, a homeless guy with a stick, im sooooo scared...

I was scared, and he did try to hit the officer.

You don't think he would have tried to hit me also?

Not so sure I'm confident in that.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I've been hearing it since I was eight years old. It's like the guy who took too much acid and thinks he's a glass of orange juice. It's just something people repeat all over for no apparent reason.

It's horrible advice. There is such a world of hurt that comes down in a DGU that adding to that with ridiculous games and set ups is not going to end well.

If, god forbid, the time comes for any one us to take another life in defense of our own of course you, me or anyone else should use whatever means is at their disposal to stay alive. If that means sending 20 rounds into some junkies chest then so be it.

Should be luring people into your home and staging scenes? Absolutely not.

I train every six months with state attorneys and cops in home defense courses and drills. Playing games like in that bit of "advice" is dangerous, reckless and is going to land you is a #load of trouble.
edit on 6-3-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Police are the wrong guys for their job......
The psychological profiling they use to select the officers candidates are flawed in the direction of the PTB...they dont want the kind of cops on the force that are willing to serve and protect.....they want unthinking goonsquads.
After they are "selected" they are trained to do the job in ways you would certainly not agree with.....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
the amount of police have doubled in the town i live in since the sheriff was first elected. most drive souped up v8 camaros, or undercover vehicles. it is simply bat s*** insane at this point.

heaven forbid you get pulled over at night, because there are so many on patrol that a really bored. i've seen 4-5 police cars as "backup" for someone not using a turn signal at 3 in the morning when there was practically no one on the road.

police state u.s.a.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join