It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City looks to make gun ownership mandatory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
everyone in the u.s. should be required to own a firearm,other than felons and mentally unstable and take the course. it would lead to less crime, since everyone owuld be packing. not just the criminals

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
They could never make me own a gun or even allow one in my home. This is total nonsense.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

That is crap. Even the Army allows for conscientious objectors . There would be no need for any opt out contingencies because they cannot mandate gun ownership to begin with. What about day care centers in peoples homes. You think a bunch of Mothers are going to be ok leaving their kids in a house that has guns ? In Virginia you cant even have pets if you have a day care. Or not in the same area as the daycare anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I guess that when TPTB tell you to jump, you jump.

Bit worrying though that some people think such extreme authoritarianism is something good. Makes NK look rather liberal and modern!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

That is crap. Even the Army allows for conscientious objectors . There would be no need for any opt out contingencies because they cannot mandate gun ownership to begin with. What about day care centers in peoples homes. You think a bunch of Mothers are going to be ok leaving their kids in a house that has guns ? In Virginia you cant even have pets if you have a day care. Or not in the same area as the daycare anyway.

Good Lord! Did you even read the OP? Did you read the link? Did you read my answer to previous posters who already said the exact same thing??? Do they even teach reading comprehension in public schools anymore??? or is it all just "I'm Ok, Your OK, everybody gets a participation trophy"???

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
well this is why they allow the religous loophole.
i mean you can claim any religion, or spiritual moral belief even.
its not like you can be a registered jew or something, or have your christian ID number to put in the books. lol

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The Swiss did it and it seems to be working out for them. Gun ownership is good for American people. It teaches them responsibility.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Logarock

At times one can only teach by example.

What example are we trying to teach? This whole idea is a poor attempt to prove a point as a child would prove a point. "I don't like stealing so I'm going to steal to prove you a lesson."

Why would someone support the removal of freedoms while decrying the removal of freedoms? It is beyond ridiculous, and represents the growing child-like mentality of American politics.

Making folks own guns is as stupid as the reverse......not to mention unconstitutional.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Making folks own guns is as stupid as the reverse......not to mention unconstitutional.

Apparently not if they tax you for not buying/owning one. That is apparently perfectly legal.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

thats really a shame, it could save you and your loved ones lives.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

if they arent ok with having guns locked up in the place, yes locked up, (also known as stored properly,unloaded ammo elsewhere locked up) and someone decides to sandy hook the joint, i bet theyd feel a lot differently about the subject at hand.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

very true, it teaches responsibility, proper handling, self defense techiniques(usually the course you take teaches you a few things at least mine did) its alll good.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
great idea

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Logarock

Apparently not if they tax you for not buying/owning one. That is apparently perfectly legal.

Perfectly...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I feel that a lot of people are missing the point of doing this-i dont think it is to actually follow through. It is a reaction intended to highlight the absurdity of outlawing guns. Its a political point, nothing more.

That said, the idea of forcing anyone to own a gun scares me. If someone doesnt want one, I dont want them to have one. Being nervous, scared and uncomfortable with them is how accidents happen.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Set aside city funds to keep a stockpile of ammunition to be doled out to the residents when the need arises.

Send a city councilman to purchase boxes of .40 hollow points.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join