It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops advise making ‘noise,’ ‘scream,’ use bleach to ward off home invasions [VIDEO]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
reply to post by poloblack

I'm a lady, "bro."
We all have variations as to what we were taught. As long as it works that's what counts, right.

Have a good night, bro.
Sorry about the ''bro'' thing, didn't know you were a lady. But that explains why you were taught to ''stun and run'', apparently you took a women's self defense course. Sorry about the gender bender.
edit on 7-3-2013 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

You know what is sad? The bleach suggestion was given just to make the cop's life easier. It obviously isn't going to protect you at all, in fact it will probably just guarantee that the assailant will kill you. However it will make things easier for the cops because then they just need to look for someone wearing or in possession of bleach-stained clothing.

So, yeah. Don't count on anybody ever protecting you, even police.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Actually a squirt gun full of bleach or other strong chemicals, muriatic acid maybe...
might do the trick if you had time to load it.....shoot for the face and theyll be incapacitated till they rinse their eyes out....
Other than that, the cops cant do much in the heat of the moment, they only come later and pick up the stiffs, investigate the crimes, and do the paperwork.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Interesting. I think i will just stick with my bowie knife for home protection. Or one of the other numerous blades I have throughout my apartment.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I'm with Billy Connolly....Big Slippers.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here's a theoretical question. If you were able to subdue (kill) a perpitrator in your home that had threatened you or your family, would you call the police or would you dispose of the perpitrator and say justice is served knowing that if you had called the police, you will have to defend your stance of self defense and possibly risk being in prisioned?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

the only reason you are told to "scream" in self defense is to get others to respond. How the hell does that help in your own house?

There are not like people walking through your living room to get to a subway.....
edit on 8-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

I am in Spain. Here you ABSOLUTELY dont call the cops if you kill an intruder.

You throw him down the stairs and close the door if its an apartment. If its your house, you throw him on the sidewalk and close your door.

If not you go to jail for not being dead yourself , then you enjoy putting the intruders family on easy street for the rest of their lives.

In the US, you shoot them and call the cops.....end of story for the most part.

edit on 8-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
theyre trying to get rid of our guns so they can take over, dont let it happen, theyre psychopaths and psycho-rapists, scum everyone.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
While throwing bleach would work..it is kind of laughable.

Excuse me mister bad guy, could you give me a minute until I get down to my laundry room for a cup of bleach?

I can see it now, people leaving loaded cups of bleach all over the house. I wonder how that will work out with pets and children. As long as you you have a safety lock lid on the cup.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
^^^^^^^You know it's promising when "mugger" replies to a home invasion thread. ^^^^^^

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join