It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama sequester hypocrisy: WH Calligrapher salaries: $96,725, $94,372 & $85,953 per yr.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

We do agree there entirely then. So there really is no need to bring up past Presidents in ways that distract from the need to address the behavior of this one, right?

After all.. Bush is a retired and former President just like Clinton and Carter. Whatever those 3 did or didn't do (and they all helped) to bring us to this mess...two things are true. First, They're all retired ..Second, and as such, none are making decisions that impact the lives of people across America and the world today.

Only one man is in that position and he's the sitting President. That's why, into his second term, I'm focused on Obama as a man and individual ... not as a Democrat or even the last in a line of Presidents. He's an individual when he makes the decisions ..or doesn't make them (as the case may be), so I hold him up as an individual when considering the result of his actions.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by IAMTAT

Every President maintains the Calligraphy office at the White House. A staff of three also served under George W Bush, led by Rick Paulus. How is this an "Obama" thing again?

Whats more is that since the Presdient took office over 4 years ago the President has issued a pay freeze for executive branch employees and he just extended it again this past December.

What about Congress?
edit on 6-3-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ok...so Pat Blair, the Chief Calligrapher was hired under Pres. Bush...and her position at the Whitehouse "Chief Calligrapher" has been there for over 200 years. President Obama froze the pay of Whitehouse staff on day one when he took office and the pay freeze continues.

Would you like him to eliminate the role? Fire her?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Ok...so Pat Blair, the Chief Calligrapher was hired under Pres. Bush...and her position at the Whitehouse "Chief Calligrapher" has been there for over 200 years. President Obama froze the pay of Whitehouse staff on day one when he took office and the pay freeze continues.

Senior Administration Officials got a pay freeze. Common White House Staffers, did not.

Top White House Raises...2010-2011

By the way.. again with the Bush Bush Bush.... Is there any topic about Obama, 5 years into HIS Presidency, the LAST President doesn't figure central in? It's been impolite to say for much of Obama's term but it's coming to be a valid point. How weak a man do we have here, who is defined and controlled by the actions of the last man over 4 years ago?

Also..; Obama has twice now, rallied on MAJOR CHANGE and 'Fundamental Transformation' of America. Well, fine.. Then it makes the comparisons to Bush hiring, selection and policy formation even worse when trying to cite them as why Obama's actions are just fine ...when they're absolutely not.

Finally though, Bush ALSO cut public White House tours. He was a scumbag to have done it. So here again, if we want to get technical, Obama isn't even doing something original. He's being scummy in the same way Bush was. he's just doing it for even cheaper reasons. Bush claimed it was security for fears of Anthrax powder or something being dropped by a tour guest. He even had something of a point...kinda.

Budget reasons? That doesn't even pass the laugh test for this one.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by IAMTAT

Every President maintains the Calligraphy office at the White House. A staff of three also served under George W Bush, led by Rick Paulus. How is this an "Obama" thing again?

Because it wasn't included in the sequester. DUHHHHH
edit on 6-3-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's all a setup and a coordinated effort to make a lie come to fruition:

www.washingtontimes.com...

All fed agencies in reaction to the "cuts" are compensating to accomplish the prioritized missions. The W.H. is ORDERING then to not do that so as to cause PAIN on the public and make the lies come to be.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Imagine...for Obama to succeed...the American people MUST suffer.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Isn't that how all politicians operate?
Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The average taxpaying American citizen can no longer tour their WH...but any billionaire who wants to pay $500,000.00 to Barack Obama for a private meeting...gets an engraved (read: calligraphic) invitation to the WH.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Indigo5

Senior Administration Officials got a pay freeze. Common White House Staffers, did not.

Top White House Raises...2010-2011

Those pay increases were the result of PROMOTIONS...your link doesn't support your claim? It actually kinda debunks it?

See here and a thousand other google results?
Obama extends pay freeze on federal workers
money.cnn.com...

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
By the way.. again with the Bush Bush Bush.... Is there any topic about Obama, 5 years into HIS Presidency, the LAST President doesn't figure central in?

When someone rails about how Pres. Obama employs a Calligrapher for x amount of dollars...I think who hired that person is relevant?

You didn't answer my question? Should he fire her? Eliminate the office of Calligrapher after a couple hundred years?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
...OR Obama could've avoided his $1,000,000.00+ taxpayer-paid golf lesson trip with Tiger Woods...and the WH could've avoided over 300 furloughs...and maybe even could've hired a couple MORE WH calligraphers at $95,000.00 a pop.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What 21'st century business can run without calligraphers?

Oh, that's right... All of them.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Sorry bro.. there are a lot of professions that are not exactly "hard work" that make decent money. I make more than that and all I do is go out and take pictures, create graphics at coffee shops and the occasional coding. Hardly hard work. Hell I don't even consider it a "job" because it's fun lol. If there's one thing I'm certain about Capitalism it's hard work does not equal higher pay. It's often the opposite.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
LMAO! The same people that bitched, moaned and devolved into fits of joy that an insane man at an Occupy camp pooped on a cop car, while people were protesting how Wallstreet was getting away with stealing from us and snorted that we wasted our time getting liberal arts degrees... when we talked about CEO's being paid from our tax dollars you people cried that we were waging class warfare and wanted their money cuz we were too lazy to to work...

and they get millions!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by alfa1

White House Calligrapher has a wikipedia entry, for anyone who wants to know...
wiki

And judging by this video of her office, it seems writing invitations is a lot of what the job involves...
c-span

Those calligraphers are probably being kept very busy writing beautiful invitations to all of those people paying $500,000 to get private meetings with Obama.

I doubt there's a long list.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Sorry bro.. there are a lot of professions that are not exactly "hard work" that make decent money. I make more than that and all I do is go out and take pictures, create graphics at coffee shops and the occasional coding. Hardly hard work. Hell I don't even consider it a "job" because it's fun lol. If there's one thing I'm certain about Capitalism it's hard work does not equal higher pay. It's often the opposite.

That's not quite what I meant. I am going to assume you're not in Government service, on Tax funded paychecks, at a time the nation is experiencing chronic high unemployment and severe economic forecasts as routine, right?

If you're making decent money for easy work in the private world, that's the very heart of a capitalist system. The market pays whatever you do, at that rate. Too many will make it pay less and if it becomes more specialized, paid more. That works and as a college student, I'd be a little hypocritical to suggest that a healthy wage is a thing to feel bad about. (I'd better have one at some point with this debt)

Unless .... you're employed by the Government and within the center of the system causing as much pain as they're failing to deal with. White House Staff, Congressional Staff and those near or at the top management of the major agencies, I have little sympathy for. My tax money has helped support them all my adult life.

There is no more and my KID'S kids will still be paying this stuff off, assuming a nation stands that long of course.

In an age of cuts, it would make more sense to charge for the tour and actually MAKE revenue in a Federal effort for a change (gasp...it would stop the presses, wouldn't it? lol..) than to cut tours while keeping ...Calligraphers? I couldn't even get instructors at school tonight to come up with what they may do under that title and in that location. It's like the Horse Shoe/Blacksmith in Detroit after all the horses are gone. Still working though.... A recent story went on and on about it. In Gov't,. it's just wasting our money, IMO.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

WH Calligrapher salaries: $96,725, $94,372 & $85,953 per yr

I don't accept the curse and the punishment even for double salary.

Suppose the judgement day.

Every one looks and says "hey he is the WH Calligrapher , look what he\she has done to himself , he used to hide the truth and spread lies as he was dictated to, in fact , he was lying all the time , pitty "

top topics

<< 1   >>

join