It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Goes On Strike !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdeadfolx
That's the final straw... DHS, the Dept that swore to protect the United States after 9/11 has now made the purchase of 2,717 Tanks to defend the streets of the nation. Lets go ahead and add that to their current stockpile of Manpower, Drones, and Bullets. Are you beginning to see the picture here?

Now I'm not calling out to you as a Republican, a Democrat, or any related political party. I'm reaching out to you as a concerned US Citizen that would like to see a better tomorrow.

We're the Band-aids for the Corporations that literally bleed money everyday. We're the SLAVES that work our asses off for a living so some greedy executive can lounge in one mansion or another. But most of all, we're the very blood that pumps through the veins of the world today. After all, if the Queen doesn't have her worker bees, there isn't a hive now is there?

Buying guns didn't get anyone's attention, peaceful rallies didn't get anyone's attention, spamming Facebook with pictures and comments designed to rouse the average sleeping man or woman didn't do anything.

WE NEED TO GO ON STRIKE!!! If everyone, the world over, refused to work, we'd have their attention. We'd have their balls in a juicer.. those massive corporations that work feverishly into the night to make an extra buck would SCREECH to a halt. I guarantee you, we would have their attention then.

Please share this and pass it on until everyone the world over sees what must be done to stop these tyrants from destroying the world. Thank you.

edit on 6-3-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

Another group has the same idea! Maybe you guys can get together and make this more effective?

"Are you upset with how this country is being run and want your voice to be heard?

Here's an idea: Do nothing. Sit at home and chill. Don't go out to eat, don't go to the movies, shopping, work, school, don't drive your car, don't do anything!

Just stock up on a month's worth of supplies, like food, medications - those regular things you'll need - and do nothing.

If more than half the United States does this all at the same time, can you imagine what would happen to the economy? Can you imagine the sort of response that would be triggered?

What's even better is that this isn't violent in any way. It's a silent message. It's not even rebellion. But it will get their attention in as little as one week's time."

"Pass it on! Operation Inaction Starting April 1, 2013"

www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by peaceful1oflove

SnF, this is exactly what needs to be done. Thanks for the link

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

I 100% agree with you. I would give up every "earthly" thing I have to affect a REAL change in the system.

The problem, as I see it, isnt with me and you, and fellow ATSers. I think most of us ARE ready for that kind of action.

I was merely commenting on the fact that I dont think the average public is quite on the same page. One of the biggest reasons I think that OWS failed (among others mind you), is that there wasnt enough support. Most of the real 99% is to wrapped up in their everyday comforts, and would flake out if they had to deal with life without them.

I do think that we are educating people more and more, and we are getting closer to that tipping point. Viral videos like this one Related Thread, are helping people see the reality of our situation.

We will get to the point where everyday people are willing to strike. I just dont think were there yet. We still need more support.

edit on 6/3/2013 by osirys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm with ya on this and agree. I will do it once every else starts doing it. Doing it by myself would do nothing but leave me broke and unemployed

edit on 6-3-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: posted a link to my profile somehow on accident

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by mrdeadfolx

What do you propose we do with all the hungry people this will create. Don't you see, there are logistics that would be serious issues if everyone sat on their butts and did nothing. What about all the farms with crops to seed and harvest that keeps our food chain running.

I own my small home based business...am I supposed to stop producing....I don't make a lot of money, but I do count on it.

Just giving some reality check factors to think about.

Des

lol you are a pussy.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

That's the final straw... DHS, the Dept that swore to protect the United States after 9/11 has now made the purchase of 2,717 Tanks to defend the streets of the nation. Lets go ahead and add that to their current stockpile of Manpower, Drones, and Bullets. Are you beginning to see the picture here?

The picture is that the government is watching sites like ATS, Infowars, Rense, Twitter, Facebook and other blogging sites. They can predict the behavior of people and events to come. They know that people had enough of their "democratic" system.

That's why they (TPTB and POTUS) are so much trying to disarm the American population. It starts with assault weapons and it will end with 9 mm pistols. It's easier to fight and oppress a disarmed crowd.
edit on 7-3-2013 by talkingaboutarevolution because: typo

edit on 7-3-2013 by talkingaboutarevolution because: other typo

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
im sure the gov will just find a way to classify unemployed people as extremists or something lol

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

WE NEED TO GO ON STRIKE!!! If everyone, the world over, refused to work, we'd have their attention.

but.. but... America isn't the world over!

IRM

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
America should go on strike.

But will anyone notice? What does the worlds need from the USA compared to what the USA needs from the world.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

WE NEED TO GO ON STRIKE!!! If everyone, the world over, refused to work, we'd have their attention.

Salam

Strike is a good way to show your idea and anger.

But leave the world alone please.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Rather than total strike, there is a more logical way which will cause allot less undesirable results

To bring the powers that be to their knee's all you have to do is show your feeling via your spending habits. If we were united enough to get enough support and we don't need that many in the grand scheme of things then by directing our spending habits we would get their attention very quickly.

Imagine this, we believe corporation or sector X is corrupt so we boycott it ,for this month or what ever time frame deemed necessary no ones buys fuel from Company X. imagine how quickly things would get interesting. how bout a particular bank, although that one may be a useless exercise as up top their all the same.

I digress but you get my point.

We need to start rewarding those companies that are doing the right thing and punishing those who aren't. At the moment even though these corporations sicken us we still support them by giving them our money.

I'm guilty of it too , they taught and poisoned us to be lazy & unmotivated in a multitude of ways both physically and mentally.

Enough is enough , If we are really sick of this # then we need to prove it and this is the ultimate non violent way of doing it.

So its a simple thing and the real reason they have their finger on censoring the internet, its their last loophole that we could easily use to co ordinate such a thing.

we need to vote with our dollar, every purchase you make should be a reflection of the world you want to create.

Remember money is everything in this system so we need to play with the same tools they do, we are the majority, without consumers they have no chance.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

That's what sucks about democracy if you can dumb down just 51 percent you can own everyone. That's why I think we need a new system where we don't just vote on a representative. In a real republic people should be voting on something every week. We have near instantaneous communication with everyone, even the poorest people could have a voice using libraries if they choose.

Time for a new system.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
After skimming through the OP's proposal and every-bodies reply I can at least come to some form of a conclusion that Americans are thinking about some form of resolution.

I am not from your country but i am very well aware of the massive influence America has on the rest of the world. The point I am getting to is a harsh realization must be made by your people.
Considering how controlled and dependable the masses are with in your system, and the fact that a nationwide strike will cut food supplies you will have to be realistic, there will be casualties and there will be violence.

How can anybody consider a peaceful protest in the mist of a country that have such a large number of deprived needs. The question you must ask yourself. Is it worth living a life where a constant sense of stress plagues you everyday about the well being of yourself and your family? Or is it worth it to risk such a life for a new beginning in a system where their is equal chance? No matter what your demographic is, what your cultural needs are, you all share something that is slowly dying, THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY.

If you consider what an out-right hoax the monetary system has become and how easily the most wealthiest control the influence and supply of a means of exchange that clearly exploits the real value of a healthy and functioning system.

The real value of any nations people are actually the people, HUMAN RESOURCES is a nations real wealth, and that clearly shows how every body is connected in a economy, that anybody with the capability to contribute should be seen as a viable asset.
That that person should have the right to every basic need that the economy has to offer. People may see wealth as an accumulation of assets, materials, and money but the real premise of wealth is knowledge, and that is actually the very thing that allows people to make something of themselves.

Of-course i am speaking in laments terms here. Many factors should be taken into consideration when it comes to a proposal of a new system. A clear indication that teamwork is needed for such a proposal to ever become a reality. Should we keep resting our faith in the hands of God/Gods or Aliens to come and save the day, or should we as start having faith in the capabilities given to us by such deities.

Good things people, if tomorrow never comes then at least we can live for today

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Why strike??? When you can do it the easy way, just check the laws and refill out your paperwork and go tax exempt. With no tax flow coming in, the gov`t feels this even worse then America striking. This way everyone gets to stay working, but always keep in mind to figure what your tax bill will be at the end of the year. and get a good preparer to help you with the paperwork. You may be surprised how much money you can save this way.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by mrdeadfolx

What do you propose we do with all the hungry people this will create. Don't you see, there are logistics that would be serious issues if everyone sat on their butts and did nothing. What about all the farms with crops to seed and harvest that keeps our food chain running.

I own my small home based business...am I supposed to stop producing....I don't make a lot of money, but I do count on it.

Just giving some reality check factors to think about.

Des
Ummm.....How about we share...you've got a little extra green beans and I've got a bumper crop of zuchinni or tomatoes, or I give one of my meat goats up for the cause?...What if we held off this idea until
harvest season and everyone that can, grows lots of extra garden variety and we share? What if we used all that spare change or held off on the movie theater ticket or the Mcdonalds drive-thru and used it to stock up on the unperishables/perishables? All of us, together, giving up a little every week in order to have a screw the FDA and agriculture pot luck? What if we, you and I and your friends and my friends, families, neighbors, strangers, canned the fruits of our gardening skills......What if I and you and the rest of us even opened up my, your, our, SHTF stock of beans and rice and we did this together?

What if whatever personal cornucopia's we were able to compile, made neighbors of strangers and friends of neighbors and family of friends and we all recognized the simple humanity that lies buried, hidden in the trappings of a society based on gain?.......What if what we gained instead was friendship, was forgiveness for the lent/broken lawnmower, the thousand and one things that keep street and villiage from being community? What if we put aside our differences, our keyboards, our texting and actually spoke, actually looked one another in the eye bumped knuckles, shook hands, patted backs, hugged and asked......what is important for you...today?...........................................What if?

YouSir
edit on 7-3-2013 by YouSir because: I changed the was was, to was...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
They have us by the short and curlies. Most of can't afford to strike. The averge Joe Bloggs striking wouldn't do much it would have to be an essential service like trucking but that would also force everyone to take a day off. So we are stuck in the pot of slowly boiling water until someone turns off the treadmill.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Now I'm not calling out to you as a Republican, a Democrat, or any related political party. I'm reaching out to you as a concerned US Citizen that would like to see a better tomorrow.

We're the Band-aids for the Corporations that literally bleed money everyday. We're the SLAVES that work our asses off for a living so some greedy executive can lounge in one mansion or another. But most of all, we're the very blood that pumps through the veins of the world today. After all, if the Queen doesn't have her worker bees, there isn't a hive now is there?

Buying guns didn't get anyone's attention, peaceful rallies didn't get anyone's attention, spamming Facebook with pictures and comments designed to rouse the average sleeping man or woman didn't do anything.

WE NEED TO GO ON STRIKE!!! If everyone, the world over, refused to work, we'd have their attention. We'd have their balls in a juicer.. those massive corporations that work feverishly into the night to make an extra buck would SCREECH to a halt. I guarantee you, we would have their attention then.

Please share this and pass it on until everyone the world over sees what must be done to stop these tyrants from destroying the world. Thank you.

edit on 6-3-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

Before you go on strike, you should probably get your facts straight. Those MRAP vehicles are not for the DHS. Here is the link.

Fact Checking DHS Purchase of MRAP Vehicles

I could go on to explaint the bullet purchase number as false too, but I have done that in another thread and dont like to keep repeating myself.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatedobserver

I too do believe that it should work. But it wouldn't work smoothly as it needs to go on a large scale, and there'll always be some casualties, but that's what it'd take! We need to get back to our roots and live more like we used to live. Before the corporations got a hold of us. Grow our own veggies, supply our own meats. If we can't do that, because of no land or whatever, people with resources would be happy to help (for the most part), because who in their right mind would want this s##t to happen again?
We need to help each other, not be against one another. When the shtf I hope to be somewhat prepared and if I see anyone that needs help, I will most definitely help them in any way that I can. I love the Venus Project way of thinking and I also hope that our future will turn out that way.
Love and Peace everyone!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join