It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Goes On Strike !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Or ya know people could vote for some one different there might of been a chance with Ron Paul . Whatever as I have said before the majority of people are happy with how things are the way they are in your country and mine some people are afraid of change afraid of the unknown and will always want things to stay the same and seem content with subtle change that they don't really notice.

Until there is a tipping point where the majority want change or what ever we will still be seen as the dude holding a sign on the street corner ranting about the end of the world

I voted for Ron Paul, I followed the caucus every day. I was shocked when Mitt Romney of all people beat Ron Paul.. People are not happy, they're scared.. more and more people are waking up to the harsh reality of what is going on and these people would rather not take part in anything, thinking that its going to spare them in the end.

Those of us that want to do something are trying, its unfortunate that those that want to do something are greatly outnumbered by those that are far more comfortable living in ignorance. And I would love to do something that is both effective and requires very little sacrifice, but out of all the options I can see, this is the most viable and effective. Sure things will be hectic at first, but if we all stay strong and keep a level head on our shoulders, we'll make it through. Because no matter how much money a family might need, the government is addicted to spending soooo much more than that.

Originally posted by freedomSlave

I used to think like that too until I have had a family to support ya know mouths to feed , shelter to provide , electricity to cook and to heat our place in the winter .Diapers, formula . what about clean drinking water , who will man the water treatment centers . I hope you do see the flaw in this idea of yours ? I hope ... As Des had said what about logistics , your Idea who cause more death and famine that what these greedy executives could ever achieve by low balling minimum wage

There is flaws even in the most perfect plans, the biggest flaw that I can see is taking more than a week or so to get this done. It needs to be quick and decisive, like any real strike should be. Remember when people went on strike against gasoline? Kinda like that, except for a few days everyone will just sit at home in their underwear and eat ice cream. We're not talking long term here. And yes for a while there would be unclean water, there could be some death and famine if people weren't properly prepared. But again, how are we going to make any kind of change if we're unwilling to make a small sacrifice?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit. Here, I applaud your efforts. I saw the writing on the wall over 15 years ago, sold my home in N. Ca and moved to a rural mountain community. I've networked with real survivors...the ones who've lived a life of providing for themselves and families. IMHO...these will be the places that have the best chance of surviving when this entropy of of our existing society implodes...and it will. There is nothing that can stop it now.

As was posted above...half of this society is already on strike. Holed up in subsidized housing, collecting dwindling benefits, while demanding even more. It's tipped over the balance of being sustainable as is. It will be ugly, and painful, and many will not survive. I plan on doing the best I can, with my resources and like minded neighbors.

With the unemployment rate as it is...there is a line of people waiting to grab any jobs that other people strike from. Just like the old union strikes...there will always be scabs who are hungrier than those on strike.

Des

edit on 6-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by mrdeadfolx

I applaud your enthusiasm...but, it wouldn't be all Unicorns and Rainbows like you envision. I hope you are ready for all out civil war...because that is what you are looking at, with your scenario.

Des

But isn't that what we're looking at regardless? Whether we do nothing or do something, our government is preparing for civil unrest. Honestly? We have nothing to lose. It's just going to make the inevitable happen sooner

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrdeadfolx

Originally posted by Destinyone

I applaud your enthusiasm...but, it wouldn't be all Unicorns and Rainbows like you envision. I hope you are ready for all out civil war...because that is what you are looking at, with your scenario.

Des

But isn't that what we're looking at regardless? Whether we do nothing or do something, our government is preparing for civil unrest. Honestly? We have nothing to lose. It's just going to make the inevitable happen sooner

Slow and steady wins the race is the saying that comes to mind here.

Most people don't adapt well to sudden and drastic changes.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MildCat
The US won't go on strike, just like my England wont go on strike, or any other nation. The people have been so dumbed down, things that would have seemed horiffic 30 years ago are just accepted as a normality.

Over here, we have lost more than the US could ever imagine, arguably, we have more to strike over, but we wont. It is so very painful for me to watch

I agree, people as a whole are so domesticated and unwilling to turn away from their everyday routine that they'd much rather grin and bear it, than face the reality that things are falling to pieces in front of their eyes. It's up to us as concerned individuals to show them the writing on the wall.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Just a couple of problems with this. After a period of time, what would we eat. The average American grocery store has only three days of food on the shelves. What about those in need of medical care, who'll take care of them? A strike would take a lot more than days...it would have to be a long term thing to actually have a impact.

I think it would get violent quickly. Those in charge would just sit back and watch us destroy each other.
edit on 6-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: spelling

Three days is plenty. Again, this isn't going to be longterm by any means. The logistics on how quickly corporations would lose money in a single day because no one was working, is mind-boggling. And everyone on here knows that most if not all major corporations are in bed with the government. That's how we'd have their attention. But again, I cannot stress this enough.. the strike has to be very fast and decisive. Like a sucker punch out of nowhere. The only thing in offices across the world is fluttering paper in empty cubicles. Otherwise we're all going to just fall flat on our face.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Sounds like a good way for the politicos to vindicate illegal immigration if you ask me.
You haven't thought this thru have you ? I can hear 'em in Washington now. The American people don't even want to work anymore !

Crap like that !

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrdeadfolx
Three days is plenty. Again, this isn't going to be longterm by any means. The logistics on how quickly corporations would lose money in a single day because no one was working, is mind-boggling. And everyone on here knows that most if not all major corporations are in bed with the government. That's how we'd have their attention. But again, I cannot stress this enough.. the strike has to be very fast and decisive. Like a sucker punch out of nowhere. The only thing in offices across the world is fluttering paper in empty cubicles. Otherwise we're all going to just fall flat on our face.

How is a 3 day long weekend really going to change much . Might hurt their quarterly a little bit . but not enough for the elite for to drain their life savings , nothing would really happen from this .

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Seriously, this is why CTers are thought of as complete nutballs. Stop jumping to conclusions.

People are confusing an LAV with a military tank, and this 2,700 number with some unidentified 2,717 on a receipt.

There is NO evidence that DHS has 2,700 tanks.

edit on 6-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You have a good point there in one thing you raise. I hadn't thought of that. Trucker strikes were at least worth talking about because one doesn't 'simply replace' a truck driver. It takes weeks for the basic training to turn on a city street without running over cars ...then months to learn it well enough to really be safe without a trainer or buddy to help with the majority of things. I.E... We could strike (If they'd ever been organized) and it would have worked, IMO.

Normal folk? yeah... Err.. damn... hadn't thought of that. When McDonalds draws hundreds of thousands of apps for thousands of openings ..not once but repeatedly over the years, you're 100% right.

All the positions open for strike would be filled the same day the employer opened it for hire to others. That would kill the strike before it even began. Well... Hell.. now what?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Maybe she needs to be sat down and taught the "facts of life", along with millions of other
people who feel the same as she does. But that's only my opinion.

I live in Canada and I'm terribly worried about the situation south of the border as we
seem to mimic what goes on there. Therefore, I am going to be buying arms very shortly
for defense purposes.

Take care everyone and please watch your backs!!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Redfreak

Not really do we mimic what goes on there we seem to be in alot better shape than in the usa , also if shtf there is china and they will gladly buy our resources instead .

Also by a gun for what , have you noticed how big Canada is and how few people live here , I bet one could find a spot in the wild and not see a living person for months
edit on 6/3/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

There is NO evidence that DHS has 2,700 tanks.

Whether or not the info on the tanks is correct or skewed ? OPs premise is correct. And therefore he most certainly isn't jumping to conclusions.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The premise rests on this "last straw" that is complete speculation.

As for the idea of people going on strike, pfff... it won't work.

Besides the fact that you'd never get more than 30% to go along with it, it would be temporary. People are hanging on by threads. Corporations would simply black list these individuals from getting jobs in the future, and hire everyone else who was willing to play ball.

You can't do a temporary ban on empire to bring it down, it must be long-term. You have to disconnect from the whole damned system to bring it down. Where are we going to live? You can truly only be on the edge of empire and still live in civilization. There are no bounds anymore.

I thought along similar lines years back, but rethought it. It won't work.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Lol, another reason to buy weapons. Need to survive by fending off animals of all sorts!
I for one like meat in my diet too.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Lots of luck I have been saying this for the past two years. Ain't nobody gonna hop on board, in any meaningful numbers anyway. Great idea though and a big thumbs up if you can get it to work. This is exactly what needs to be done to bring the system to a halt.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It does NOT matter if the US Army is giving the Department of HomeLand Security 2,700 Heavily Armored Personnel Carriers.

US Army General Wesley Clark released Tanks, Grenade launchers, and other military hardware to Federal Agencies to slaughter all those women and children at Waco.

All over a theory 1 guy had an illegal rifle that was full auto....They could have grabbed that guy when he made his weekly trips to town to buy supplies....instead somebody high up decided they wanted to use those religious fanatics as an excuse to do something to SET PRECEDENT......

Killing Americans with Military Hardware.....burning them alive in their own homes. Firing Grenades off into buildings that had bails of hay along the walls for insulation......they burnt up QUICK!

I bet over half of America DOESNT put up a fight and instead shoots themselves in the head.....the other half will be killed off brutally.

Either way the iLLegal Immigrants will ALLLLLLL be dancing in the STREETS laughing.....they KNOW they won't be getting killed.....THEY're the slave labor the rich need to do the work.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MildCat

The people have been so dumbed down, things that would have seemed horiffic 30 years ago are just accepted as a normality.

Dumbed down or not, this idiocy has been going on since the beginning and generations of people just like us have always suffered without a backlash against those who created the suffering. Instead the people are distracted by "foreign enemies". We just don't know history very well.

Meanwhile, in September 1901, an anarchist shot President McKinley, and Vice President Theodore Roosevelt assumed the presidency. The United States now entered the 20th century and an era of reform.

PROGRESSIVISM AND REFORM
The growth of industry and cities created problems. A small number of people held a large proportion of the nation’s wealth while others fell into poverty. Workers faced long hours, dangerous conditions, poor pay, and an uncertain future. Big business became closely allied with government, and political machines, which offered services in return for votes, controlled some city governments. As the United States entered the 20th century, demand arose to combat these ills.

Progressive reformers sought to remedy the problems created by industrialization and urbanization. To progressives, economic privilege and corrupt politics threatened democracy. Never a cohesive movement, progressivism embraced many types of reform. Progressives strove, variously, to curb corporate power, to end business monopolies, and to wipe out political corruption. They also wanted to democratize electoral procedures, protect working people, and bridge the gap between social classes. Progressives turned to government to achieve their goals. National in scope, progressivism included both Democrats and Republicans. From the 1890s to the 1910s, progressive efforts affected local, state, and national politics. They also left a mark on journalism, academic life, cultural life, and social justice movements.

history-world.org...

(Theodore) Roosevelt made intervention America’s new global policy. He provoked Panama into war of independence from Colombia with the intention of building an American canal that would link the Atlantic to the Pacific. He would flex his muscles in the Caribbean by forcing Haiti to clear itself of European debt (in fear of Europe taking action for such debt) and he would send troops to occupy Cuba, among other things.

Roosevelt’s big stick diplomacy was arrogant and entirely fitting of its phallic name. No other president since Teddy Roosevelt has practiced power politics so overtly nor has any president since. He believed so strongly it was America’s duty to intervene, despite clear warning from the founders. Surely he was a realist; an international Darwinian. He wanted America to play a large, international, hegemonic role, no matter the burdens; no matter the costs.

www.libertysentinel.org...

Back to the future. Republicans and Democrats have always created the problems and we still turn to them to fix the problems they've created in collusion with the money men.

Strike? Good idea but its not likely to happen now anymore than ever before, people go to government (not each other) to feed them and protect them when the jobs are taken away through government/corporate collusion. And all the while the leaders "talk" about reform they're busily centralizing everything ~ including everything that's nailed down.

Just wait, when the US economy collapses through the deliberate manipulation by international market-drivers and their henchmen in government the UN will step in to "save us all" and we'll have a centralized WORLD bank with centralized WORLD money and WORLD tyranny. And the made-hungry masses will jump at their generous offers like a lifeline. That has always been the goal.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redfreak
reply to post by freedomSlave

Lol, another reason to buy weapons. Need to survive by fending off animals of all sorts!
I for one like meat in my diet too.

bow and arrows work great I don't have to worry about running out of bullets trapping works great too

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des- You make a very valid point. If you watched that AOL/viral vid about the economy then this where we all need to stand. But just as any strike - there will be someone to fill the vaccuum because rent, mortgage, pharncies, electricity and fuel for the car all takes the fiat dollar.

I do see that if we "pose" a flash mob type performance in every state at the exact time using a profound song MAYBE this will allow a message to be heard. Scary part is what if they decide we are all terrorists then. NDAA is still in affect. Seems like mother Russia would put the clamp down in some form or fashion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join