It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the most beautiful and meaningful acts you will ever see. AND other amazing things people do

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is one of the most beautiful and meaningful acts I have ever seen

Please just watch the first few moments and the last few if you cant sit through it. It is incredible.

For the full experience, just watch it, 15 minutes of intense and purposeful movements of a man focused in harmony.

Just phenomenal, and the end.... just wow.....life is balanced by a feather at times it seems as well. When all our efforts and work hang in the balance. when it all rests on a wing and prayer. It all hangs on a feather as well....Dont pluck it from the balancing act of others. Hold your breath.

damn...this really moved me.

I hope you enjoy.

EDIT:
I had to add some more great stuff i have seen.

edit on 6-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
and this was just awesome.

I love fail sites...they always come through.

Stevie Wonder A Capella Cover - I Wish - Yeo Inhyeok,よういんひょく,여인혁

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

The first video was absolutely brilliant!!! Thanks tadaman
I'll have to check out the others later, but again thanks!
edit on 3/6/2013 by joeyv23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

That first video was just amazing. He was so focused and the audience was completely silent and respectful even when they were moved at his almost failure. I liked that as well.

Life, at times, truly is balanced by a feather.

Great vid.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I haven't watched the second two yet, but the first was so cool! A great metaphor for life, and the balancing act that we face every day. We have to stay focused and remember even the smallest aspects or it will all start to fall apart. Thank you for posting this!

Funny thing I noticed - all the Asian people are enthralled by the simple complexity of what this man is doing, yet the one white guy in the crowd (3:21) can't even muster up enough interest to keep his eyes open

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
and this comp blew my mind away.

I have to admit the first video left me searching for more stuff like it, but while everything else I see IS cool and amazing, nothing comes close to its artistry and presence.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

That was an amazing video in the OP, and it makes a very powerful statement at the same time! Here's a vid that I think makes a profound statement as well. Basically, he's taking some scraps and making some awesome music with them! Just goes to show that life is what you make of it.

Edit: I'm completely mesmerized with that compilation video! I especially liked the contact juggling with hula hoops. What a great thread to celebrate the amazing things that we humans are capable of with a little passion, and a LOT of patience

And since I'm a hockey fan, I just have to share this one:

edit on 6-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
tagged for a later viewing. But really, what is going on in these videos? "Something wonderful, Dave."

Yeah, that's just.. Not enough. Fails? Fails which turn to Wins?

I might watch them later on.

If I am curious enough.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Just watch it. So far, every video is an example of an amazing feat of physicality. It's like a human species talent show; the first vid in the OP being the most incredible, if you asked me. Just watch it. You'll hardly regret it.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

By the way, the trick at 8:40 (in the compilation vid) isn't exactly an amazing feat so much as it is an amazing illusion. There is a prop and a seat inside his pants that will support his weight as he casually reclines.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

ah,

I figured that the front shoe was anchored.

But that makes more sense. I didnt really like that one.Also the end with the girl and her eyebrows was..ok...but lame

the rest in the comp was damn nice though.

Nothing compared to the first though. I dont know if it is the combination of the breathing and slow movements, the get up, the stage, but it really took you there.

I watched it several times already, and each time I am more amazed. I have a habit of balancing things, something I have always done. This is almost impossible to replicate on live TV.....

The guy is like a zen master or something. The level of concentration needed is astronomical. To not even breath too hard, to not have a twitch, to do it so flawlessly, almost effortlessly.

I know I seem to be a fan boy now of this guy, but try to balance anything and you´ll see what I am talking about.

and he did it with irregular pieces of a tree or palm or something. also, at the end where it shutters and DOESNT fall...that is him correcting it. You have to drop it down a bit and raise it back up in the correct position over the center of gravity. That is REALLY hard with just ONE piece, let alone the tree he made with a feather.

just wow.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

I agree, it was definitely an extraordinary demonstration. This is something that takes years, if not decades, of discipline to be able to do.

And the parkour artists (the guys that jump all over the walls and rails etc.) are pretty amazing too. I don't understand why they don't just get one of them to play Spider-Man or something. Jackie Chan was the original parkour artist as far as I'm concerned.

The eyebrows? No, that was just

I hope to see some more contributions and neat vids later!

edit on 6-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

.....yeah that's hardly "shredding".

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

actually parkour was invented in the UK back when the television was still in black and white.

but yeah, Jackie Chan is awesome. I like his lesser known movies back when he was REALLY young and still in his prime physically. Mostly cheesy Kung Fu movies, but some were legitimate movies about STUFF....not just kung fu men.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

dude, that is still impressive for her age and time playing.

I actually just thought that one was cool. I could have just found the greatest guitarists of all time, but we know them. She is a kid that just learned to wipe her own butt and can play better than most guitarists I know.

That was cool IMO, I dont care.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Only 5 flags ?
Well 6 now
blew me away thank you so much for posting, had a rough day here, that just put it all back into perspective

If I could flag you more than once I would

Where's your soul ATS ?

Cody
edit on 6/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

That first one was amazing! This little girl on guitar blew my mind!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by tadaman

That first one was amazing! This little girl on guitar blew my mind!

I thought that was me as kid at first

Good job I cut my hair

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Absolutely beautiful. Great thread my friend. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<<   2 >>

join