It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes in 1626? Beijing explosion created mushroom cloud, stripped everyone naked

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
obviously gunpowder

nukes ?

c'mon dude

Iran can't get weapons grade uranium and they have modern equipment

how did they get the centrifuges to work without electricity ?
edit on 16-3-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Try a physics text that deals with R-T instability. Or go to 'google scholar' and search 'rayleigh taylor mushroom cloud', get lots of math. By the way, R-T instabilities factor into the design of nukes in several ways, it's really interesting. You also have to pay attention to it in design of things that intentionally use the Munroe effect, like shaped charge design.

eta: Here's you a nice one, free.

Um... Thanks! (though I didn't understand one word of the abstract...)

If you could analyse the gunpowder to see if they can produce such a cloud, it would be very helpful. What I said in an earlier post:

FWIW, the gunpowder at the time was 40 parts nitre, 15 parts sulphur, 15 parts charcoal plus around ten more raw materials including tung oil and lacquer. Once dampened, they'd go bad and not burn at all (except producing some black smoke). 700 tonnes was the max output of the factory, but most of the gunpowder would be used in foreign wars and internal conflicts.

Are you sure that half educated peasants wouldn't interpret them that way? Remember, the accident was widely believed to be the work of gods and/or dragons.

What do you mean?

Not really. You have to ask yourself - what's the mechanism for ripping clothes that's particular to a nuclear blast? And the answer is, not much. Overpressure causes air motion, if a stout wind can rip off clothing and not send a person flying as well, then that would be your answer. My take is that most clothing is better secured than that, and you'd likely be bashed to pieces by the time your clothing was mystically removed, unless they're all wearing togas.

Now, if your peasants were all wearing black clothing, you could get flash burning of the clothes and lose them that way, but then all your peasants would be crispy critters.

Some of the people were in pieces afterwards, but many of them lived or died but the bodies remained intact. If there's no mechanism for ripping clothes that's particular to a nuclear blats, how about in general?

If the king asks you if you can win the war, the correct answer is 'yes'.

I think a better response would be to ask for more support instead of going 'suicidal' like this. Being this confident would only result in an even stiffer punishment if you fail...
edit on 18/3/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Anonbeleiver77
Vimanas-the "UFOS" of ancient India. Recorded in the Vimanika Shastra which is undoubtedly a modern version based on earlier texts,

"Undoubtedly?"

The work was channelled, and says nothing at all about anything nuclear.

The name "Vimanyka Shastra was known. It is referred to in ancient Sanskrit literature, but has never been found.

The only one we have is a version that was channelled (not copied) in the mid 20th century.

Harte

Those weren't my words they where a qoute from a website and I'm not saying its true just interesting!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

first off , i dont spend my weekends researching bomb materials for the obvious reasons lol,

2nd off i was throwing out an idea.

i did not say THIS IS LAW!!!

was just thinking since they used lots of different materials in powder form plus there are researchers that believe that process can occur naturaly in cave like reactors, had they taken the material out of one of these types of caves then it would most def, be enriched if not depleted by the time of extraction.

blogs.scientificamerican.com... rica/

pushes nose up, brushes off shoulders
edit on 9-4-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Vimanas-the "UFOS" of ancient India. Recorded in the Vimanika Shastra which is undoubtedly a modern version based on earlier texts,

"Undoubtedly?"

The work was channelled, and says nothing at all about anything nuclear.

The name "Vimanyka Shastra was known. It is referred to in ancient Sanskrit literature, but has never been found.

The only one we have is a version that was channelled (not copied) in the mid 20th century.

Harte

Those weren't my words they where a qoute from a website and I'm not saying its true just interesting!

You don't know how to use the quote function? Can you not link to your sources?

Nonetheless, my post provides you with the imnformation you appear to need.

Harte

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join