It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face Off - Anyone watch this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
For those who don't know, it's a reality competition show where a group of special effects/makeup artists compete for money and a gig.

If you're into this sort of thing, these guys do some pretty amazing work, and are then judged by industry professionals, with the classic someone going home each episode, until only two remain to duke it out.

There have been a couple seasons at least now. I've had the good fortune to meet a few of these guys, and they've always been very nice in person (and usually at an event where they are wearing one of their creations).

More than any other season, this season, the right people are going home each week. While most of the work is good, the ones going home are obviously missing the mark of the week's assignment in a pretty blaring way.

No doubt though, many of these contestants are going to go on and be involved with some major films in our future, so nice to see them get their start.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've caught a few episodes...and I was blown away by some of the makeup. These people are very talented. Definitely a cool show.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We watch this show every week. I dislike the reality show aspect of it, but I really enjoy seeing the creations of the artists. They are always quite interesting and I would really love to see what they might do given more time and the right resources.

Face Off

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I cant bring my self to watch any of these reality type/ competition based shows..
The Reality Show concept has ruined 3 of my favorite channels, SyFy, History and Nat Geo

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I was actually in anthony kosars college graduating class. I feel privilaged that i had a few classes with him and got to see him in action. Great show. Go anthony!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I would really love to see what they might do given more time and the right resources.

Yeah, would be nice if they gave them an extra day, and some more in the clothing department to work with...not sure if it's a time thing or what, but often, the clothing parts of the costumes are really not the same caliber....

top topics

join