It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC sounds alarm on deadly, untreatable superbugs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam
Sick people are profitable.

Sick people who are scared will bind themselves to the "healing hand" (sorry, hidden hand
) to save themselves at any cost.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Why actually have a healthy nation? It doesnt make numbers in specific bank accounts grow, and that is the sole goal. The issue I have, personally, is that the benefits do not make up for the cost. Even for those who are profiting from it.

I suspect that such a thing (superbugs) was not necessarily intentional, but is viewed as collateral damage in the act of profiting off of those who are sick. How do you profit off of those who *are not* sick? Well, just increase the percentages and variables that are giving them a healthy immune system. Feed them antibiotics and vaccines from every direction imaginable. It certainly helps those bank accounts grow..

Yep, sick people are profitable. And those who choose to use herbs or other alternate medicine are now forced to buy health insurance. Now insurance companies and big pharma can make even more money off us.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well.... I do a lot of work in Nuclear plants so I guess that would automatically kill whatever latches on.... I'm no biologist but if radiation can't get it then wtf else is there?

Have yet to be "sick" from any sort of exposure as well so, hey I guess I might be a lucky one!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3ngin33r
Well.... I do a lot of work in Nuclear plants so I guess that would automatically kill whatever latches on.... I'm no biologist but if radiation can't get it then wtf else is there?

Have yet to be "sick" from any sort of exposure as well so, hey I guess I might be a lucky one!

They might ward of some but radiation also make your body weak which in return, make some normal bacteria become pathogens and attack you.

Bacteria like Deinococcus radiodurans can withstand radioactivity.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis

I got my device ready to go.

Yay for immortal blood.

Colloidal silver will work too.

Maybe this is a planned event. Fema? Ammunition? Tanks.

It's I Am Legend all over again.

Funny you say that, have you seen the bright red DHS decontamination trailers in your area yet. I have seen them in my area, and wondering why, and what(other than the obvious) they are meant for.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You can blame this on the overuse of antibiotics. Now we find anti-bacteria cleaners in grocery stores to wipe off the cart handle. We need to let our bodies create their own anti-bodies against everyday bacteria. We're handicapping our bodies immune system.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Superbugs...........oh my! Don't buy it, what a load of BS.

Not so super when they meet a natural enemy though, are they!

They claim MRSA is one and that there are only two effective antibiotics for it. That may be true, but what about garlic, coconut oil, aloe vera, cannabis or colloidal silver? All of which are very effective against MRSA, just to name a few.

Did you know that Mega dosing vitamin C is effective against ebola virus or any other virus? Yeah, what a load of crap they try to push on us.

How many of us are deficient in all of the life giving vitamins and minerals because the junk most of us consume lacks in nutrition and go on to be diagnosed with mental disorers when all we really need is proper nutrition?

I currently supplement with vitamin C (liposomal) and vitamin D3 along with magnesium and zinc. I have found that most people are very deficient in these, especially due to diet an even geographic location. If you're not getting enough sun, you can bet you're low on vitamin D. To compound on the problem, we are pushed to use sunscreen, which further restricts our bodies natural vitamin D making machine.

There is a thread here on ATS for liposomal vitamin C, everyone should take it daily, you can make your own for pennies a day.

From what I understand, modern medicine ranks #3 in leading cause of death, that should be an eye opener right there.

Don't take my word though, do your own research, as they like to say
eny ignorance!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You want conspiracy? I'll give you a conspiracy...

What's happening here a collision between needing to shed our human bodies, and technology's ability to provide us with non-biological bodies.

Problem? Superbugs killing everyone
Reaction? We need to improve our bodies!
Solution? Robotic bodies with artificial quantum brains.

edit on 3/6/2013 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Looks like the Bilderberg's (illuminati?) plan is working...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just finished reading The Stand by Stephen King. If anyone starts dreaming about a 108 year old black lady i in Nebraska or that badass dude in Vegas run !

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Now, with the superbugs found in 42 states, Frieden said he felt it was time to warn the public.

The country has only a narrow "window of opportunity" to act before it's too late to halt the superbugs' spread, Frieden said.

Oh. In that case thanks for the timely heads up CDC...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fimbulvetr

www.usatoday.com

A family of "nightmare" superbugs — untreatable and often deadly — is spreading through hospitals across the USA, and doctors fear that it may soon be too late to stop them, senior health officials said Tuesday.

"These are nightmare bacteria that present a triple threat," said Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "They're resistant to nearly all antibiotics. They have high mortality rates, killing half of people with serious infections. And they can spread their resistance to other bacteria."

So far, this particular class of superbug, cal
(visit the link for the full news article)

Very sensationalist headline. None of those bugs, are untreatable, or uncurable. The cure, just isn't allowed to be used in this country. The FDA blocks all attempts, because Big Pharma can't make money off of cures. The treatment is type specific, and has no side effects. It won't wipe out every thing in your system, just the targeted bugs.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A customer told me today, while coughing and hacking, that he was on his third round of antibiotics for his pneumonia

The lysol can came out as soon as he left

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fimbulvetr

www.usatoday.com

A family of "nightmare" superbugs — untreatable and often deadly — is spreading through hospitals across the USA, and doctors fear that it may soon be too late to stop them, senior health officials said Tuesday.

"These are nightmare bacteria that present a triple threat," said Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "They're resistant to nearly all antibiotics. They have high mortality rates, killing half of people with serious infections. And they can spread their resistance to other bacteria."

So far, this particular class of superbug, cal
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sensationalist headline. Those super bugs are very curable and treatable. The FDA just won't allow the cure to be used in this country. The cure has no side effects, and is bacteria type specific, meaning it won't wipe out every other bug in your system, just the specific ones that are targeted.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

The CDC missed the entire show this year. Even my Doctor told me this when I had to go in. I know I just am now getting over a Severe and Acute case of Strep Throat that is sweeping our nation.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm just putting this out there since I was at CVS earlier today - where do people go directly from the hospital? The pharmacy. So maybe it's worth avoiding these convenient stores with pharmacies all together as well (CVS, Walgreens, Target, Wal-Mart, Osco, Duane Reade). BTW not being paranoid, more thinking out loud.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Do you really do that like every day? That's kind of cool. When I was a kid I did that, my parents could never get me to put shoes on, even when I would climb on the wood pile while they warned me every day I would get a nail in my foot one of these times -- got a nail in my foot I did
But still barefoot I went.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by nomnom
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Completely different circumstances.

What she is describing is gradual adaptation yet at a faster rate than the norm.

What you're describing is relatively quick need for adaptation due to thousands of years of bugs in one part of the world instantly being transferred to the new world.

These bugs are evolving quicker than before, but if you walk barefoot, you have a better chance of the immune system recognizing it and possibly being able to mount an attack, due to increased exposure over one's life time.

I walk in sandles for most of the year. Haven't been sick since my wreck in '05.

sounds like bull # to me but hey if it works for people believing in such things who am i to argue. i don't mean that in a derogatory way, btw, just that i think it's sue-do science at it's best. i mean think about it, my hands and face, nose and eyes are much more susceptible to pathogens and they are always exposed to airborne and water borne pathogens, yet people still become ill.

if you're healthy i'm glad for you and i think people should be able to do anything they want that doesn't harm others.

I agree that exposing yourself to germs does build up an immunity but I think there are other players in the game to complete the picture.

Nutrition plays a big part and I think people are getting sick because of their reliance on fast food and its convenience. I also think stress (anyone on this site overworked and underpaid?) and family/friend connection play a role, too. If you eat a healthy diet, exercise and keep stress in check by connecting with friends and family (even pets are great stress reducers!) you won't get sick so often.

Those who do get sick get tricked by the industry into thinking antibiotics should be used instead of natural home-made remedies (that grandma swears by!) and antibiotics/drugs only cure the sympton and not the disease itself. So we go back for more for a different ailment and get prescribed more drugs. In the meantime the bacteria are figuring out how to fight against it and then evolve enough to become resistant. So big pharma gets more money to create MORE drugs to feed MORE people who are becoming even MORE sick.

It's a nasty cycle.
edit on 6-3-2013 by texasgirl because: misspelled some words

edit on 6-3-2013 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

i would have to agree totally with you, on those issues.

walking around barefoot isn't keeping anyone from getting sick, but if you can manage a decent diet, low stress and some activity you will be far less likely to become i'll. stress on it's own is responsible for much illness.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
reply to post by Druscilla

Do you really do that like every day? That's kind of cool. When I was a kid I did that, my parents could never get me to put shoes on, even when I would climb on the wood pile while they warned me every day I would get a nail in my foot one of these times -- got a nail in my foot I did
But still barefoot I went.

Yes. It's comfortable and it's almost like having an extra sense (though minor) where your awareness of your environment is augmented/added-to to some degree through your feet.

When I go for an evening run on highschool, or university stadium tracks (usually open to public use most evenings depending on whatever area you're in), I'll do my 2 miles barefoot.
Running on the streets, or trails, I'll wear running shoes, but, just being out and about anywhere and everywhere it's naked feets all the way.
I keep some little jelly sandals handy if anyone wants to yell at me, cause self righteous indignant trouble or take some other kind of offense, but, rarely does anyone tell me I have to absolutely wear shoes.

Annual checkups give me top marks on health with admiration and even astonishment. Doc once said she wouldn't be surprised if she discovered I was bullet-proof such is my fitness. I'm not anywhere close to that, but, I don't get sick and I don't take supplements or follow any spooky hoo-doo new age hippy, vegan, alternative anything dietary practices or habits.
I eat what I want, when I want, or when I crave it, as much as I want. I exercise. I run. I'm barefoot all the time (except where professional demands require shoes). I never, if only very rarely ever get even sniffles.
I'm thin, trim, fit, strong, healthy, full of energy, and have no health problems.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Question.
You think they will take the time to over prescribe AB and/or make these viruses, but not mess with your store bought oils?
Honestly curious with this.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That's creepy. I've heard of post-operative infections before, which seem bad enough. I wonder how many deaths this outbreak may cause.

Speaking of antibiotics, as this seems to be the prevailing topic here, I think it's rather silly to say that they are a useless invention. You can overuse anything, and to be honest, the suggestion that my best course of action when I had a bad ear infection would have been to pour essential oils down my ear canal (or eat spices or whatever the popular folk remedy some members swear by for infections is) makes me cringe.

I'll take such things with a grain of salt and continue to credit the ER and subsequent doctor visit with the successful recovery of my ear.

edit on 6-3-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join