It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC sounds alarm on deadly, untreatable superbugs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Agreed, but to accomplish this, I think the US would have to lower it's consumption of meat.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

that didn't work for my people, we were barefoot when the settlers brought all sorts of pathogens here and they killed us just fine, barefoot or not, so i wouldn't place too much emphasis on your theory. lol

it was bound to happen, i mean hey it's a microscopically ruled world we live in whether people realize it or not.

With all due respect, you (generalized plural) weren't exposed to the strains that were so deadly until you were exposed to virulent killer bugs in the wild.

Walk around a sufficiently urban environment, especially a city with lots of international business, and you'll have frequent fun exposure enough to build up resistances to a larger variety of bugs and strains than simply just walking around in the dirt and grass anywhere else.

I'm not saying I'm immune, or won't be affected by some super bug, but, since I never, but only extremely rare occasion get so much as a sniffle while it seems near everyone else I meet in flu and cold season is battling a bug, I'm confident I don't have much to worry about.

I could be wrong, but, if I am, then, so be it.
I don't get sick now, so, I'm not going to worry my little head over maybe, possibly, could be, warnings on some conspiracy website.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
reply to post by texasgirl

Agreed, but to accomplish this, I think the US would have to lower it's consumption of meat.

This might be happening since meat is getting too expensive to buy. For those of us who are poor, at least. (Wait, isn't that half the population now?)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Completely different circumstances.

What she is describing is gradual adaptation yet at a faster rate than the norm.

What you're describing is relatively quick need for adaptation due to thousands of years of bugs in one part of the world instantly being transferred to the new world.

These bugs are evolving quicker than before, but if you walk barefoot, you have a better chance of the immune system recognizing it and possibly being able to mount an attack, due to increased exposure over one's life time.

I walk in sandles for most of the year. Haven't been sick since my wreck in '05.

sounds like bull # to me but hey if it works for people believing in such things who am i to argue. i don't mean that in a derogatory way, btw, just that i think it's sue-do science at it's best. i mean think about it, my hands and face, nose and eyes are much more susceptible to pathogens and they are always exposed to airborne and water borne pathogens, yet people still become ill.

if you're healthy i'm glad for you and i think people should be able to do anything they want that doesn't harm others.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Do you walk on your hands?

edit on 6-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Do you walk on your hands?

edit on 6-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

well show me the science? i won't wait around for it since it only exists in your imagination but hey i'm game for a good investigation.

if you have at least something done to test your theory by real scientists, then please post it because i am interested in learning new things.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Real scientists...the ones who get funded by ...whom?

Or the ones from way back when... who observe, theorize, and test their theory by their selves.

I won't wait for you to respond. Already know your answer.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

How would you figure the meat industry would have to change for production numbers? I hear this argument often and usually from the meat industry reps as a message of futility for why change can never come. As soon as Home Simpson hears his Krusty Burger may not be as readily available, all thought to better treatment for the animals is forgotten to the altar of fast and available food.

Well, I can see how, living in Chicago, New York City or any of a couple hundred other and smaller areas can leave an American with the impression that we have a space problem in this nation, much as Europe and other regions do. That's just not the case....and not even remotely close to being the case in our lifetimes.

There are other versions set to such high exposure as to pick up every street light and farm house which give the impression of a much more crowded continent, but the fact is? Off the coasts....the U.S. is a pretty wide open place. We have ALL the room anyone could want or need to raise cattle or other livestock with whatever degree of free movement we all deemed proper. It'd be more work and less production in the cold world of turning animals into dinner plates, is why they won't IMO.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is what happens when people take antibiotics for simple cold(because its too bothersome and want to get over it unnaturally), for those i say, you deserve it!

When people abuse antibiotics for simple things like cold, they making their body get used to it, thus when you are actually in need for antibiotics due to a lethal cold, the antibiotic wont be that effective. It is similar to how exercise work, if you work on treadmill everyday, each passing day the efficiency will drop, it is because your body will get used to it and starts to adapt the stress from the exercise.

In order to counteract this stupid people's drug abuse, the doctors have no choice but to give 2nd degree antibiotics, which has more adverse side effects, from, hear loss to complete deafness or blurry eyes to blindness, and in some, it messes up the immune system.

Antibiotic is a potent drug, it should only be taken when there is a need for it... or you will pay a hefty $ and hefty part of your body.

I in my life only taken antibiotics 2x. 1 for possible whopping cough, 2nd for a cut with rusted metal that reach my bone.

-Microbiologist.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The rise of these "superbugs" + proliferation of anti-bacterial products and hand-sanitizers = coincidence???

Seems pretty logical to me

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

It's not a lack of land, it's the change in the price. More resources needed, more land to utilize, etc, etc...

People would have to consume less due to the increased price.

Truth is the way we do it keeps the price low.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Activated Charcoal, Bentonite Clay, Passion flower, Turmeric. Also sometimes Bay leaf tea, Oregano, etc...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

It's friendly enough that anyone in good enough health to post here could be exposed directly to this bacteria and wouldn't even know it happened.

They have high mortality rates, killing half of people with serious infections

Because if you can't kill off an infection with your immune system and it get's to the point that the infection actually presents itself, it's sort of obvious. To say it kills half of people infected is a bit deceptive. It should say "old people", and age has the highest mortality rate of them all.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You know, if a nation or planet WANTS to create a whole class of drug resistant super-infectious bacteria...what might they do?

Judging by my limited education in Biology and medicine...I might suggest they spend many many years introducing LOW...non-therapeutic but still measurable levels of all types of antibiotics into the food, water and environment from all directions and at all levels.

I might start by feeding the livestock animals, world wide, antibiotics whether they are sick or not. Routine course of adding it to feed makes them fatten quicker after all (In some cases), and being sick isn't important anyway, right? Loading with antibiotics is how to keep it that way, right?

After 20+ plus years of animals, humans and fish eating, drinking and expelling ALL manor of Rx drugs ..but antibiotic and active types .... We're going to be the LEAST bit surprised that the sustained campaign of desensitizing bugs to the drugs has worked?

If this had been the GOAL ...they couldn't have developed a more subtle yet effective way of achieving the end result. GET THE DRUGS OUT OF ANIMAL FEED .....as just ONE starting point. If it's not FAR FAR too late already. It likely is though. Too late, I mean.

(Thank the same Government CDC belongs to..... They had to look at and approve the universal use of these antibiotics into every living thing we raise for food production)

^^^^ This !!!

Absolutely without a doubt, these idiots have been their own worst enemies... Duh, let's pump antibiotics into everything in small amounts... Duh, how come so many strains of bacteria have evolved into superbugs ?

Ugh.

And now the rest of us are going to pay the price for it.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Real scientists...the ones who get funded by ...whom?

Or the ones from way back when... who observe, theorize, and test their theory by their selves.

I won't wait for you to respond. Already know your answer.

so you're saying people and animals that walked around and animals that still do today, don't get sick because they walk bare footed?

i'm unsure who's the bigger fool here, me for discussing it with you, or you for believing that crap.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

Ha.. the idea of a "zombie" apocalypse always looms as a possibility! These bugs.. whatever the case.. hopefully become killed though. That's a horrible way to become a zombie.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

No. You're putting words in my mouth. Look over my posts. Attempt to comprehend with an open mind. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Excellent News!!

Now all the dumdums who have been relying on pharmaceutical antibiotics can die out

You do know those "dumdums" you're referring to are overwhelmingly the elderly, right?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

makes you wonder also just how much of the "new bugs" can be directly correlated with GMO production.....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

That is BS!

I see people of all ages taking RX antibiotics.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join