page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

CDC sounds alarm on deadly, untreatable superbugs

www.usatoday.com

A family of "nightmare" superbugs — untreatable and often deadly — is spreading through hospitals across the USA, and doctors fear that it may soon be too late to stop them, senior health officials said Tuesday.

"These are nightmare bacteria that present a triple threat," said Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "They're resistant to nearly all antibiotics. They have high mortality rates, killing half of people with serious infections. And they can spread their resistance to other bacteria."

So far, this particular class of superbug, cal
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I've got my zombapocalypse bag ready, do you? A little further down in the article it refers to 42 states having the superbugs.. (hmm! thats an awfully widespread infection area..)

And the only way they can think to stop the spread in an infected person that doesn't respond to antibiotics is amputation? Here I thought we were in an age of advanced medicine.. but this just reminds me of another thread I was recently reading and the topic of 'Ebola' came up. Well, this may not be ebola.. but it doesn't look a whole lot more friendly.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
For now, it's confined to hospitals so I will continue to treat myself with alternative medicine. We need to stop overusing antibiotics, they are becoming less effective. (I only hope I don't get myself into a jam where I need hospital care, though!)

Scary story, OP!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I got my device ready to go.

Yay for immortal blood.

Colloidal silver will work too.

Maybe this is a planned event. Fema? Ammunition? Tanks.

It's I Am Legend all over again.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Excellent News!!

Now all the dumdums who have been relying on pharmaceutical antibiotics can die out

I'll continue to take essential oils in it's place and keep on living.

Score for the wise!!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

Do you know why we have these? Because our government officials have been injected with viral gene enhancements. I spoke about this. And tried to warn people. That only the humans who carry those anti-gens will survive. Because the reprogrammed virus mutates and becomes hazardous again but non legal to the carrier. This is where your handshake with the president could end your life.

I believe this needs full disclosure and humanity to be informed and assigned these drugs in order to prevent mass extinctions. The evolved humans themselves will get sick eventually... that's why in order for humanity to pull through we will need a large population.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

doesn't it make resistant in people that don't abuse antibiotics? Like me, I have probably been AB about 5 times in my whole life (almost 40)..but if you get the superbug the AB won't work on me either..right?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by nomnom

doesn't it make resistant in people that don't abuse antibiotics? Like me, I have probably been AB about 5 times in my whole life (almost 40)..but if you get the superbug the AB won't work on me either..right?

Somewhat but i would not count on it. These theses are fast and will inject themselves all over your body with codes * depending if your dna will accept it or not* it can and will kill you.

Reason being is because of the raging viruses inside our world leaders when they injected themselves other viruses in their body adapted to the enviroment and became stronger. If you can imagine christopher columbus shows up at the worlds door step again. You can expect all this to happen.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I just run around barefoots everywhere.

No need or requirement for any hoo-doo alt 'medicines' that are for the most part placebos.

Natural resistance built up from the ground up, literally, does a body good.

Rain, shine, winter, summer, spring, inside, outside, shopping, driving, dirt, grass, sidewalks, streets, supermarkets, malls, and everywhere always bare feets, except where professionally unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Things are starting look crazier with every new breaking news..

Just another apocalyptic news to add to already fragile state of things...sigh

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

The antibiotics won't work for anyone in particular. It depends on the strain, not your immune system. If your immune system can fight it, rock on. If not, the antibiotics simply won't work for someone over another.

I have taken antibiotics once since middle school. That was after a car wreck, and I tried to fight it naturally for a week. It got real bad, and I said screw it.

Seriously, look into essential oils. My first pick is wild oregano oil. It will kill an MRSA boil within 24 hours. My next defense is what I already take: niacin and ascorbic acid. This stuff will strengthen your immune system, and give you tons of energy in the process. At least, that's what it does for my system.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Interestingly, bare feet or hands in touch with actual SOIL creates an exchange of ions that neutralize free radicals in the body; one of the best things one can do, besides sleep, is to be in contact with the Earth itself. Proven stuff.

Chiropractic can also work wonders.

I think part of the problem with resistant bacteria is that people are "TOO CLEAN." I don't recall the source, but I read that in places where hand-washing is obsessive/compulsive (Japan's culture being one that was mentioned) people have less immune resistance. Our skin is literally crawling with microbes, (and they can't be "showered off"), but even so, excessive "sterilization" in our surroundings inhibits natural processes that our bodies have to fight invasion.

My mom used to say, "You'll eat about a pound of dirt over your lifetime." Have no idea where she learned or heard that, but it was her response to us freaking out about having gotten dirt in our mouths somehow.

I still go by the "five-second rule" - dropped your cookie? Pick it up, blow on it (to remove whatever) or wipe it off, and down the hatch!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
IMO anything has the potential to be a "superbug" because of all the crap people shove in their mouths on a constant bases. In addition to that, synthetic vitamins and trace elements found in almost every brand name supplement, mostly just pass through without proper absorption. How many of us exercise on a consistent basis? 10% maybe...

People simply do not take care of themselves. That's why they are susceptible to stuff like this.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I just run around barefoots everywhere.

No need or requirement for any hoo-doo alt 'medicines' that are for the most part placebos.

Natural resistance built up from the ground up, literally, does a body good.

Rain, shine, winter, summer, spring, inside, outside, shopping, driving, dirt, grass, sidewalks, streets, supermarkets, malls, and everywhere always bare feets, except where professionally unacceptable.

that didn't work for my people, we were barefoot when the settlers brought all sorts of pathogens here and they killed us just fine, barefoot or not, so i wouldn't place too much emphasis on your theory. lol

it was bound to happen, i mean hey it's a microscopically ruled world we live in whether people realize it or not.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The superbug tends to strike immune-compromised people who are hospitalized for a long time or living in a nursing home, Frieden said. And CRE doesn't spread easily from person to person, like the bacteria causing pink eye or strep throat.

When I go to the CF clinic, the steps they have to take now to prevent the spread of this kind of thing is astounding.

Glad I read the whole article, the way the opening paragraph there makes it sound you'd think we were on the verge of Project Blue.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Completely different circumstances.

What she is describing is gradual adaptation yet at a faster rate than the norm.

What you're describing is relatively quick need for adaptation due to thousands of years of bugs in one part of the world instantly being transferred to the new world.

These bugs are evolving quicker than before, but if you walk barefoot, you have a better chance of the immune system recognizing it and possibly being able to mount an attack, due to increased exposure over one's life time.

I walk in sandles for most of the year. Haven't been sick since my wreck in '05.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Druscilla

Interestingly, bare feet or hands in touch with actual SOIL creates an exchange of ions that neutralize free radicals in the body; one of the best things one can do, besides sleep, is to be in contact with the Earth itself. Proven stuff.

Chiropractic can also work wonders.

I think part of the problem with resistant bacteria is that people are "TOO CLEAN." I don't recall the source, but I read that in places where hand-washing is obsessive/compulsive (Japan's culture being one that was mentioned) people have less immune resistance. Our skin is literally crawling with microbes, (and they can't be "showered off"), but even so, excessive "sterilization" in our surroundings inhibits natural processes that our bodies have to fight invasion.

My mom used to say, "You'll eat about a pound of dirt over your lifetime." Have no idea where she learned or heard that, but it was her response to us freaking out about having gotten dirt in our mouths somehow.

I still go by the "five-second rule" - dropped your cookie? Pick it up, blow on it (to remove whatever) or wipe it off, and down the hatch!

I agree. The kid that is too protected is the one who ends up getting sick all the time. I used to run barefoot when I was younger but all the dog poo everywhere has pretty much stopped that, LOL.

There are many placebos out there but herbs are pretty good for fighting infection or strengthening immune system. Products are derived from plants, something we should all eat more of! (veggies, etc..)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You know, if a nation or planet WANTS to create a whole class of drug resistant super-infectious bacteria...what might they do?

Judging by my limited education in Biology and medicine...I might suggest they spend many many years introducing LOW...non-therapeutic but still measurable levels of all types of antibiotics into the food, water and environment from all directions and at all levels.

I might start by feeding the livestock animals, world wide, antibiotics whether they are sick or not. Routine course of adding it to feed makes them fatten quicker after all (In some cases), and being sick isn't important anyway, right? Loading with antibiotics is how to keep it that way, right?

After 20+ plus years of animals, humans and fish eating, drinking and expelling ALL manor of Rx drugs ..but antibiotic and active types .... We're going to be the LEAST bit surprised that the sustained campaign of desensitizing bugs to the drugs has worked?

If this had been the GOAL ...they couldn't have developed a more subtle yet effective way of achieving the end result. GET THE DRUGS OUT OF ANIMAL FEED .....as just ONE starting point. If it's not FAR FAR too late already. It likely is though. Too late, I mean.

(Thank the same Government CDC belongs to..... They had to look at and approve the universal use of these antibiotics into every living thing we raise for food production)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You know, if a nation or planet WANTS to create a whole class of drug resistant super-infectious bacteria...what might they do?

Judging by my limited education in Biology and medicine...I might suggest they spend many many years introducing LOW...non-therapeutic but still measurable levels of all types of antibiotics into the food, water and environment from all directions and at all levels.

I might start by feeding the livestock animals, world wide, antibiotics whether they are sick or not. Routine course of adding it to feed makes them fatten quicker after all (In some cases), and being sick isn't important anyway, right? Loading with antibiotics is how to keep it that way, right?

After 20+ plus years of animals, humans and fish eating, drinking and expelling ALL manor of Rx drugs ..but antibiotic and active types .... We're going to be the LEAST bit surprised that the sustained campaign of desensitizing bugs to the drugs has worked?

If this had been the GOAL ...they couldn't have developed a more subtle yet effective way of achieving the end result. GET THE DRUGS OUT OF ANIMAL FEED .....as just ONE starting point. If it's not FAR FAR too late already. It likely is though. Too late, I mean.

(Thank the same Government CDC belongs to..... They had to look at and approve the universal use of these antibiotics into every living thing we raise for food production)

Good post, Wrabbit...But I will go further and suggest these industries stop jamming livestock into tiny spaces where they don't even have room to move. Let them pasture feed. Maybe they won't get sick so much!

Make the population dependent on antibiotics and other drugs and we'll do a good job of creating suberbugs ourselves...
edit on 6-3-2013 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

You won't hear me argue one bit there. We'd even get better food out of it, in the end. Any hunter with some experience knows there is more than ONE reasons to shoot for a single, clean kill shot. It isn't just because chasing blood trails to responsibly finish what was started across half a county SUCKS. It does....and I'll say it again for good measure. In the woods of Missouri, chasing blood trails SUCKS!

It's also for the meat though. Adrenaline fueled bodies from fear or stress make for crappy meat by comparison to a calm and relaxed animal the lights just went out on.

So... What can it do to meat quality to have them cooped up in little metal cages and boxes, their entire life, stressed just shy of killing each other (and not always very shy, eh?)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join