It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. declare 'cyber cold war' with China – Hollywood blockbuster antagonist 'The Mandarin'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

WASHINGTON — When the Obama administration circulated to the nation’s Internet providers last week a lengthy confidential list of computer addresses linked to a hacking group that has stolen terabytes of data from American corporations, it left out one crucial fact: that nearly every one of the digital addresses could be traced to the neighborhood in Shanghai that is headquarters to the Chinese military’s cybercommand.

LINK

I don't usually subscribe to conspiracy theories, but this is ATS and this seeming correlation did strike me as an interesting coincidence(?) —

One of the biggest blockbusters of the year has a lead antagonist in the form of the Marvel Comics character 'The Mandarin', and not a couple of weeks ago did the U.S. government declare they... nay, the world was in an effective cyber cold war with China.

Are my Spidey sense signals being interfered with by cobwebs or is there an agenda here to ease the U.S. / Western public into the idea that China are the 'new enemy'?
edit on 6-3-2013 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I have no conclusive proof but I would imagine we've been at war with China on a number of different fronts for quite awhle.

This is why I always argue against wwIII, the war will not be fought with tanks but in cyberspace and the financial markets.

Go America!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Last time I heard China was becoming the next economic powerhouse over USA. And what is this suppose to mean, a grasp at straws to paint China as the new enemy???

Huh, the oligarchs are really trying hard these days...

Edit: Note this is targeted at the wicked 1%, and not the general populace...don't get me wrong the US is a great country just like China. It's just the players that paint the wrong image... propaganda that is.

I hate that word...

edit on 6-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: clarity

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, if China actually stops long enough to notice and care....they can toss 20-30 billion down at Bollywood or make their own version of it and bury Hollywood without much effort. I'd be real careful about pissing off things SO much larger and better funded if I were Hollywood. They USED to be a world power in entertainment. To the extent they still are, it's because others in the world haven't been funded or pushed to fill and overtake the gap yet.

We need to remember... when China wants Semi-conductors, they don't build a factory. They build a CITY of factories to make them and next thing you know,. they've cornered a % of the world market on what they'd just noticed a simple need for. They do this in many areas ...and with a mere transient/migratory workforce over 300 MILLION people (Indeed...the equivalent of the entire U.S. Population in just their migrating labor), they have the manpower to make Hollywood the entertainment equivalent of a Miniature Golf Course.

So be my guest Hollywood... Declare war on China over film and entertainment. Just pray China doesn't notice and pick up the challenge as anything serious. Hollywood would get schooled...real quick these days.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The only thing connected to the internet we wanted China to "see"....is what we connected to the internet.

If Corporations / Government wanted to keep anything secret they would have set up internal LANS not connected to the outside world.

You know this is like a truck driver crying because somebody overheard his chatter on channel 19 of his CB Radio......he blasted it over the public airwaves....

There's a very good reason they took all our closed secure LAN systems and plugged them into the World Wide Webb............""mommy mommy somebody stole my stuff""..............."Well little Jimmy you shouldn't have left it outside on the sidewalk where the entire world can see it".

Putting it all out there to be freely stolen justifies doing things.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's a hollywood movie based on characters created over 20 years ago. imo, there's no connection between the Character in the movie, and any propaganda. An example of propaganda is the movie "Zero Dark Thirty".

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by swoopaloop

The Mandarin has been Iron Man's arch rival since his creation. There is really no conspiracy here. I'm actually surprised that they used Titanium Man and Whiplash before The Mandarin.

As far as US vs. China, well, China has been a thorn in our side for a while. And with China slowly becoming the new power house in the world, there is reason to be cautious.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
The only thing connected to the internet we wanted China to "see"....is what we connected to the internet.

If Corporations / Government wanted to keep anything secret they would have set up internal LANS not connected to the outside world.

Not exactly. "China successfully used the information to hack into Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT), a top U.S. defense contractor."

Originally posted by swoopaloop
It's a hollywood movie based on characters created over 20 years ago. imo, there's no connection between the Character in the movie, and any propaganda.

Even considering the timing of the film and the announcement of the Sino "cyber cold war" the U.S. is in the mists of?
edit on 6-3-2013 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join