It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Crowe's Close Encounter With 'UFO'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ovadose

It's time people realize ufo doesn't mean extra-terrestrial.

Correction: it doesn't necessarily mean it's extra-terrestrial.

reply to post by Zcustosmorum

New search function sucks ass, mods feel free to delete

I love ATS. Best forum and mod staff bar none in my experience.

However, the search functionality on ATS has always been terrible. Despite some mods and members continually trying to convince otherwise

reply to post by Druscilla

Extraterrestrial don't surf.

Your signature now makes sense. I can finally move on

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i honestly can't remember why i still come here anymore. my day is filled with bickering and arguing from children and for some reason i thought i could unwind and live vicariously through "mature" peoples lives. guess not.

please accept my apologies OP, for the complete lack of scruples in this thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arielmoon
Why would Russ post this up for a publicity stunt only to get ridiculed by debunkers and the like. He is a brilliant actor and seems to be very intelligent if a bit temperamental. If he says its a UFO then it's a UFO. He set the cameras up outside to capture the amazing sight of the bats on their twilight pilgrimage. Go Russ.

Yes the man is really clever, to get in the acting mood for Romper Stomper
he deliberately got drunk started a fight and spent the night in a police cell,
just so it could get him into character.
The guy is an ass and his acting is more suited for Home and Away

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Dun... Dun.. Dun.... Dr D

Duh! Now eat the bacon

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Dun... Dun.. Dun.... Dr D

Duh! Now eat the bacon

Erm and this has to do with anything, how?

Nice insight into the thread there mate

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Think on this for just a bit. Scenario; a man is looking up in the sky, if only for a momentary glimpse. He sees something that just doesn't seem normal. He runs and grabs his camera/video camera to gather evidence as to what he saw, even if only to prove to himself that he's not lost his marbles. He views this photo/video and indeed has captured something unusual and presents it to others on the net to share and get the views of others on what it could possibly be. Come to find out, as the "experts" tell him, that it is merely an artifact of the camera lens or some such BS. Let's apply our critical thinking skills to this scenario and see if YOU can identify the problem here!

edit on 6-3-2013 by ajay59 because: to amend

He was looking for fruit bats, that much I understood, the setup was preplanned for that. As far as I can see, all RC's comments were after the event. I didn't get it myself at first, because of probably innocent conflicting statements as to where the camera was. Druscilla's reasoning is correct by far.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If that's a UFO then it must be pretty small...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Very good. Romper Stomper was 21 years ago. I deliberately got pissed and started fights at that age. I've never watched Home and Away, only pommies who want to come to Australia watch that kids show. Apparently, according to the "papers" this footage was taken 4 years ago, aswell and was uploaded by his mate. Thanks Dave Smart for my first reply on Ats. I like Mr Crowe you don't have to.

edit on 6-3-2013 by Arielmoon because: no reason

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ok, from someone whom a "UFO" forever changed the entire fabric of their being, that is the most WoolloomoolooWood video that I have ever, well maybe not ever, seen.

Let us see how, you change RC!

No disrespect, but that video was just... blah.

Proof is in the psyche!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

And who says there are no good cops?
Nice of you to allow this thread and not hit the mod button.
edit on 6-3-2013 by keenmachine because: incomplete

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

i honestly can't remember why i still come here anymore. my day is filled with bickering and arguing from children and for some reason i thought i could unwind and live vicariously through "mature" peoples lives. guess not.

Between this and the other threads about "mutant rats" in Iran and weird things on Mars, I am reduced to quivering jelly. This site used to have some kind of science approach. Now its more like romper room.

Continue bickering right on by kiddies.
edit on 6-3-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
LED navlights on a mast.. yep.. it's a boat.. i have to agree it's a boat, you can clearly see the rigging as that's what makes the left side of the blurry triangle blur thing, the other LED is at the bottom and makes the 2nd line. boat must have been drifting slow but i can clearly see the outline of the mast & rigging.

Russ needs to share what he's on.. i wanna see aliens

He probably posted this out of jealousy, Melbourne gets all the UFO's lately they don't come anywhere near Sydney (smart fella's.. must like art and music, not beer and pokeys.. lol).

And they arn't red, what i've seen of Melbourne UFO's are them flashy scanny strobe thingy's.. obviously im right.. and they're into music.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Russell Crowe filming fruit bats.....?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Druscilla

Extraterrestrial don't surf.

Your signature now makes sense. I can finally move on

Charlie Don't Surf

You won't find Charlie in a curl.
You won't find ET in a curl.

You can find 'charlie', or ET in the 'jungle' hiding behind every leaf, tree, blade of grass, rock and pebble, bowl of rice, blurry photograph, video, and witness testimony, but, in the end, charlie/ET don't surf.

Lots of fun metaphor, but, in the end, in reality, until we've got ET in some baggies onna board, hanging Pi, Mu, natural e, or anything for all it matters, or anti-matter(s), we got no ET.

I also like and can relate to this, though it's not relevant:
Apocalypse Later. Surf Now:

edit on 7-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
People join this site to hear others views and "theories". This is what it's about. If I saw or filmed something strange and uploaded on ATS or Youtube etc, it would be for a reason and that is to get a feel for some sort of kindred "knowing" of something that is above our understanding and to get genuine feedback, not some kind of rant about my work ethic or job description. A man who has millions, and sees something he cannot understand. Would he look for publicity? Remember the #e ole Shirley Maclain copped for her views.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arielmoon
Why would Russ post this up for a publicity stunt only to get ridiculed by debunkers and the like. He is a brilliant actor and seems to be very intelligent if a bit temperamental. If he says its a UFO then it's a UFO. He set the cameras up outside to capture the amazing sight of the bats on their twilight pilgrimage. Go Russ.

It's simple debunkers will keep on debunking and believers will keep on believing at the end of the day.
I dont doubt any person's intelligence if someone is saying he has seen a ufo and has a good description of
what he saw or something to back up the famous quote ''Pic's or it didnt happen'' then that's saying enough for
me.Great topic OP i just saw it on a dutch news site and i was like lets check out what ATS has to say about it.

S&F

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
See, we were looking for UFOs and found ourselves a real life ghost ship.

Great find

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by keenmachine
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

And who says there are no good cops?
Nice of you to allow this thread and not hit the mod button.
edit on 6-3-2013 by keenmachine because: incomplete

I really don't have any sway with the mods one way or the other haha. I was just joking really. But I feel that if a thread is repeated with the same title, same subject, and cites the same source--then it needs to go. It's in the T&C's too.

15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

I interpret this one to mean that we only need one thread per subject and cited source (the OP did provide a handy article that was unique. In theory, it should have just been posted on the existing thread.) Just pray I never get the responsibility to actually do anything about it

If there are multiple existing threads, sometimes it helps to share information between threads too. The point is to keep everyone updated with the info.
edit on 7-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
Once again, here it is:

It's a Sailboat

enjoy, and remember; Extraterrestrial don't surf.

edit on 6-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Damn, that guy rocks. One of the best debunk videos I've seen in a while. Just goes to show how the mundane can (and does quite frequently) get easily mistaken for the extreme.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ovadose

Now, I'm not sure whether it is a real UFO or not,

I's it flying and un-identified, than it's a ufo.

It's time people realize ufo doesn't mean extra-terrestrial.

Its time that UFO COULD very well mean extra-terrestrial as well, tow sides to any coin.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join