It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Crowe's Close Encounter With 'UFO'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Steady on mate, I wouldn't waste my time setting up a YT channel to post that, it was the first one I found

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Druscilla you never cease to amaze me!

You totally nailed it.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The trees point up, well, to be expected, and the water is up too? With two light spots that look like planets/stars in the sky? So, from his window, he doesn't see sky, he only sees water????

What a joke.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Looks like a reflection of a desktop light. The timelapse is very short periods, the star that's visible doesn't move at all, and by feck I can see no boat, not even a flying boat.

RC is a bit screwy anyway.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

The only thing visible of the sailboat is the top of the main-mast, the main-stay that holds the jib, the top of the aft-mast, the top nav-light (red to port/left & green to starboard/right) and the mid-light lower down the main-mast.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by smurfy

The only thing visible of the sailboat is the top of the main-mast, the main-stay that holds the jib, the top of the aft-mast, the top nav-light (red to port/left & green to starboard/right) and the mid-light lower down the main-mast.

The pictures are not from his apartment, they were taken at Sydney's Royal Botanic Gardens. His apartment is on a pier sticking out at right angles to the shore if you like, water is on three sides.

edit on 6-3-2013 by smurfy because: Picture.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

The pictures are not from his apartment, they were taken at Sydney's Royal Botanic Gardens. His apartment is on a pier sticking out at right angles to the shore if you like, water is on three sides.

As you like, but, I recommend, if you haven't already, viewing the video I posted earlier where the whole thing is broken down.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

As you like, but, I recommend, if you haven't already, viewing the video I posted earlier where the whole thing is broken down.

Yes, I had seen it, but just as one source said the pictures were taken AT the gardens, another said they were taken from his office 250 metres away. What you say then does make sense, direction of travel, port light etc.
There is even something smaller just having passed at the start of the video.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Lol, what else chief

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So how did Crowe miss all that light.
The UFO looks like a pair of light bulbs.
Its a double exposure from his kitchen or a movie set.

Or the 'star' is the UFO controlling some Tesla light display.

Either one OK with me.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

New search function sucks ass,

Agreed. I have seen that statement made numerous times though it may not be the majority of the base complaining. Even if it were a majority of the base, we have seen how much the bases opinions matter in "their" house!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

It's a sailboat.

Top of main mast on port side is red light, artificially elongated by slow aperture of photo.

If sailboat were going the other direction, you would have seen green light.

You can see the rigging! The diagonal stay line?

The guy lives in a Marina! ... and he can't identify a sailboat many that he sees every single day?

edit on 6-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Well I guess then that would make the sighting a whole lot more significant then! How many times do we get to see a sailboat flying through the sky? Unless you are calling into question the man's intelligence, I do not see the relevance of your preposterous post!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Rusty wants attention...maybe Les Miserable didn't get him enough.....

It's lights....woo-hoo! If it would have been filmed going horizon to horizon in 1-2 seconds I might have said "hmmm"...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Russel Crowe is my hero.

2nd.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why would Russ post this up for a publicity stunt only to get ridiculed by debunkers and the like. He is a brilliant actor and seems to be very intelligent if a bit temperamental. If he says its a UFO then it's a UFO. He set the cameras up outside to capture the amazing sight of the bats on their twilight pilgrimage. Go Russ.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I think Druscilla is right.

It's very reasonable to me. Camaras create many artifacts, even NASA camaras do this.

I'ts strange to me Russell didn't seek professional advice first. Idk. Maybe he though that by putting it on the web he could use the cloud to identify it quicker.

But could it hurt his image? Well, he's past his prime, so maybe it don't matter.
edit on 6-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
He has made a couple of decent films
This is not one of them . Would have been more interesting if he had footage throwing his phone at one of those flying rats
Sending bill for my wasted 25 seconds

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Umm the sailboat passed in between the camara and the trees in the scene. The sailboat is MUCH closer. The trees are viewed through a telephoto lens from a good distance.

Issue is solved. Crowe will have to eat some crow. But then again, I think that all he wanted to know was what it was. He got his answer. The question is did he invest himself in this? Well, I doubt it.

He'll be more careful next time, since people remember things like this. Crowe doesn't want to be remembered as that flying saucer guy. At least, I don't think so.
edit on 6-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

It's very reasonable to me. Camaras create many artifacts, even NASA camaras do this.

One thing that the "artifact" people always shy away from is what prompts the reason for taking the picture in most cases! I suppose the artifact registering in the photographer's EYE alerted them to the idea that an artifact should be photographed in the first place! Think on that one for a bit!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Think on this for just a bit. Scenario; a man is looking up in the sky, if only for a momentary glimpse. He sees something that just doesn't seem normal. He runs and grabs his camera/video camera to gather evidence as to what he saw, even if only to prove to himself that he's not lost his marbles. He views this photo/video and indeed has captured something unusual and presents it to others on the net to share and get the views of others on what it could possibly be. Come to find out, as the "experts" tell him, that it is merely an artifact of the camera lens or some such BS. Let's apply our critical thinking skills to this scenario and see if YOU can identify the problem here!

edit on 6-3-2013 by ajay59 because: to amend

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join