It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of technology would you like to see in the future?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Technology is advancing pretty quick considering it hasn't been around long at all. Cars are becoming more efficient, computers more powerful, games more realistic, etc. But what tech would you like to see in the future? I remembering hearing about bionic eyes for people that can't see. It goes as far as enabling people to read a newspaper headline. There was also the bionic hand that could actually feel. I think I would like to see organs being made with 3D printing(which is quickly becoming a reality). I would also like to see teleportation in the future. We already know it's possible because of electrons randomly teleporting for no reason. I think that would help with starvation a bit more. We're living in quite amazing times.

EDIT: And who can forget about the kid who was able to hear for the first time ever?

edit on 6-3-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Explanation: S&F!

I would like to see the eggheaded boffins UPDATE the late 1950's concept of Project Orion (nuclear detonation propulsion) technology.

Personal Disclosure: And I detail such things in this thread here ...

TPTB can't Tax you, if you're beyond their reach, out in space! Viable ways to get off this planet (by OmegaLogos posted on 5-1-2011 @ 08:10 AM) [ATS]

Failing that ... any cure for taxes ... then followed by any cure for death [note not without curing taxes 1st ok]
... would suffice nicely thanks!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Oh there are many things I would like to see as far as new technology.

Probably the thing that bugs me the most is power lines. We need something new. Over 100 years, and we are still using power lines to provide electricity.

Laser guns. I still don't have my freaking laser gun.
Not to mention freaking sharks with freaking lasers on their freaking heads.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Soemthing cheap that makes clean water from sewage, clean air from bad air.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hover boots...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
A replicator.

That replicates.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Replacement bodies; human 2.0
Replicator tech or anything similar that eliminates poverty.
FTL or something similar enabling practical economical feasible interstellar travel.
Any technology that causes the extinction of the concept of money, and the current standard of socio-economic-cultural status and bias.
Clean, free, sustainable end-user available energy.
Technological singularity and beyond.

Edit: I'd also love to see a cure for mental illness, and religious fanaticism.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Even though a "Star-Trek" style replicator would be very similar in technology to a transporter.
I would rather see a replicator which could be used to break down all the garbage in our landfills and produce some useful products.
This would be the ultimate in recycling and we have a few hundred years head start on using one.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
When the 3d printers become common place there will be a new industry of recycling all those home fabricated products.

I have seen the video game consoles in my dreams. In the future when you go and play a game, the system generates brain waves that can upload memories and give you temporary amnesia. The point is that when you join the immersive game you are forced to forget you are playing a game while being injected with memories from your character. Example would be a Call of duty game where when you join you are injected with memories of boot camp, family, experiences etc, you have memories of your birth and then you die and when you die it feels real, all while forgetting you really are and that you are in a game.

In the future not many people will have computers or computing handhelds as everything will be in the cloud from cloud storage, cloud computing and gaming. What this means is that your handheld or home computer will be streamlined to just being a "mobile monitor". Your monitor will connect to a remote computer that will be top of the line and updated. You will be able to access your computer anywhere in the world, all your files, games, movies, programs will be available anywhere. This method will also control the piracy business as you will not ever actually physically own anything. Here is an example of cloud gaming www.onlive.com... you can play top of the line games on handhelds or low end computers, all you need is good internet connection.

Cars will become more and more diesel before electric cars take place. This is already happening since diesel prices has topped refined gas.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Since we can't seem to stop being violent towards our fellow Man, I would like to see personal force fields that eliminate injury or death due to violence or accidents at a cost of $10 or less per unit. Of course the Government and Police forces would never allow this to come to fruition because they would no longer be able to use violence or threats of violence to force the people into compliance.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
Since we can't seem to stop being violent towards our fellow Man, I would like to see personal force fields that eliminate injury or death due to violence or accidents at a cost of $10 or less per unit. Of course the Government and Police forces would never allow this to come to fruition because they would no longer be able to use violence or threats of violence to force the people into compliance.

Violence and stupidity that causes many social calamities can be traced to the simple ritual of drinking alcohol. Hate to break it to most of you but alcohol is the worst thing. Gun violence is where it is today thanks to alcohol. Over 70% of crimes are committed with alcohol being consumed prior. This knowledge is light years ahead of common mans thought. I don't expect people to understand just how deep this problem goes.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
An arrogance alerter that all men must have implanted in their forehead.

That way I can know what type of a*****e they are before I spend 3 hours on a date with them.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Near perfect mass water filtration. Near perfect crop growth to support large populations. Wireless free energy. A new library of Alexandria formed on the internet freely available through universal free wifi built into every device.

Home Stem cell replication for medical purposes that molds itself to your DNA...not artificial DNA for organ growth.

Cheap mass 3d printing for all materials.

Biosphere living structures that augment our natural biology with highly pressurized and highly oxygenated air tight atmosphere's that have all the before mentioned technologies incorporated.

And the star ship enterprise constitution refit.

edit on 6-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hopechest, the same sort of thing for detecting certain types of women would be good too (there, balance added). Heck, an honesty beam would be sweet. Now, I've never tried this but I think a good way to find out who some one is would be to ask them what their perfect world would be. If the focus on them selves, run and also if they focus on you, run. If they don't know, run. If they say the basics with no details, run. If they say its already perfect, run like hell.

I would want A.I. bots and a super virus thats been developed that wipes out what ever causes stupidity and hypocrisy. That said, Druscilla got almost all the ones I would say.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Hopechest, the same sort of thing for detecting certain types of women would be good too (there, balance added). Heck, an honesty beam would be sweet. Now, I've never tried this but I think a good way to find out who some one is would be to ask them what their perfect world would be. If the focus on them selves, run and also if they focus on you, run. If they don't know, run. If they say the basics with no details, run. If they say its already perfect, run like hell.

I would want A.I. bots and a super virus thats been developed that wipes out what ever causes stupidity and hypocrisy. That said, Druscilla got almost all the ones I would say.

We are to evil for it to work.

Our manipulation skills are very powerful.

We do love you though!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'd like to see the old phones come back, you know, the ones that you can use for a whole lifetime and they never need batteries. The ones where the sound is clear and you can tell by the voice immediately who is calling. So you had to dial, it keeps the mind sharp.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'd like a video recorder that can record and playback my dreams.

Also, a human-cat cat-human translator.

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
I have seen the video game consoles in my dreams. In the future when you go and play a game, the system generates brain waves that can upload memories and give you temporary amnesia. The point is that when you join the immersive game you are forced to forget you are playing a game while being injected with memories from your character. Example would be a Call of duty game where when you join you are injected with memories of boot camp, family, experiences etc, you have memories of your birth and then you die and when you die it feels real, all while forgetting you really are and that you are in a game.

How do you know that's not already happening?

edit on 6-3-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Soon we will be asking who is going to save us from all these new technicle wonders that will replace us, and do our jobs.

With all this new technology what will you do to earn money? What will your kids and grand kids do?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
Replacement bodies; human 2.0
Replicator tech or anything similar that eliminates poverty.
FTL or something similar enabling practical economical feasible interstellar travel.
Any technology that causes the extinction of the concept of money, and the current standard of socio-economic-cultural status and bias.
Clean, free, sustainable end-user available energy.
Technological singularity and beyond.

Edit: I'd also love to see a cure for mental illness, and religious fanaticism.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Replicator tech sounds neat. And replacement bodies sound neat too. I also think religion in general needs to go. Religion is holding back technology and science. It also causes people to suffer(think circumcision).

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Soon we will be asking who is going to save us from all these new technicle wonders that will replace us, and do our jobs.

With all this new technology what will you do to earn money? What will your kids and grand kids do?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

Perhaps money will be eliminated. However, that's a thought as well. If we have all this tech...will we do anything? Sometimes I think Wall-E will become a reality. Becoming so reliable on technology that we become so overweight and can't do anything for ourselves. I mean, they were video chatting with people next to them. How would they kiss them? Have some kind of machine simulate kissing?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join