It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knives OK'ed for Carry onto Airplanes, Feds Announce

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Knives OK'ed for Carry onto Airplanes, Feds Announce

www.reuters.com

The TSA said that effective April 25, it would allow knives with blades that are 2.36 inches or less in length and less than 1/2 inch wide. Other items that will be allowed on board again as part of a passenger's carry-on luggage include billiard cues, ski poles, hockey sticks and lacrosse sticks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
if you call a 2.36 in blade a "knife" then you should buy a staple gun, go to compton and stop complaining.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
if you call a 2.36 in blade a "knife" then you should buy a staple gun, go to compton and stop complaining.

LOL-

Thats funny. I thought the same thing, pictured Crocidile Dundee in that scene where some gangbanger pulls a little switchblade and he pulls a machetti and says "Thats not a knife ,,,THIS is a knife"

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-3-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Great news. This means I can travel with my box-cutters again!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

Maybe they need another 9/11 to grow the police state?

We will feel your testicles and grope your wifes breasts and allow you to take on board the same weapons that were used to hijack some planes that flew into the twin towers.

Can anyone else see the hypocrisy with the establishment? Do they really believe that we are this stupid?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Originally posted by Philippines

Maybe they need another 9/11 to grow the police state?

We will feel your testicles and grope your wifes breasts and allow you to take on board the same weapons that were used to hijack some planes that flew into the twin towers.

Can anyone else see the hypocrisy with the establishment? Do they really believe that we are this stupid?

Yes...And collectively we ARE this stupid.

Its very sad but true. Most arew still caught up in the right/left wedge issues and willfully clueless about what lies beyond 15 min news segments on Fox,CNN and MSNBC- The "more informed" (and more brianwashed) maybe listen to talk radio on the way to work... Read a book? Forget about it?

-Not everyone . But collectively we are very easily manipulated and dumb.

There is also the factor of just not being able to possibly comprehend that your Nation, where Moms Apple Pie and "freedom" has been drilled into your head- Could possibly be corrupt to its core.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
maybe they are allowing knives because they want another 9/11 ..

Real stupid, ban guns but allow knives on planes.

For people who are already afraid when flying, this is no comfort . lol its bad enough thinking of dropping out of the air at high speed, never mind some looney with some pocket knife who sees fit to do a little hocus-pocus and hijack the plane for some evil end.

Geesss

edit on 6-3-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AtticusRye

Good Lord....

If someone wanted a knife on an airplane since September 11th then all they had to do is order a salad on the plane.

Metal knife... Box Cutter.... The plastic knife that comes with the plastic fork when you order a salad....

/facepalm

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
there are quite a few very easy ways to get knives on board, but i'm obviously not going to mention them here.

remember the shoe bomber and the underwear bomber? both on the no fly list, AND one didn't even have a passport!

i'm pretty sure they have a running file on me because every time i fly i'm "randomly" singled out for a shoe check to make sure there isn't gunpowder or other explosive residue on/in them. two different airlines used in a round trip both picked me out of my whole family.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtticusRye

I can carry a knife on a plane but I can't carry a gun in Compton.

dsd dsf sdf sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd dsd dsf sdf sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd dsd dsf sdf sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd dsd dsf sdf sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd sd

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Wth? I can understand wanting to get the post up quick but at least go back and edit that s### out

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
They give you knifes to eat your food with anyway, what's the issue?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

The issue is that people are a bunch of scared paranoid cowardly sheep. It's laughable that anyone was able to hijack a plane with a knife in the first place. They evidently don' t understand that taking down someone with a small knife isn't terribly hard, especially for a plane full of people.

I support the change to the regulations, I have no problem with someone bringing a knife on board. I'm just very surprised they actually did something that makes sense for once, which means their motives where probably elsewhere and unknown to all of us.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Before this you were stripped of all explosive liquids, very dangerous things like breastmilk, baby formula, water etc. Once you passed through the Insecurity section, you were fully encouraged to buy huge ammounts of duty free alcopoison.

Still surprises me how few people notice that.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Aren't they having to cut back airport security because of the sequester crap? Why would they start allowing things like knifes when there will be less security? Is this strange to anyone else?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I laughed when I first heard this story. It seems a bit absurd that they are doing this now. Not very logical.

Is the true reason logistics? I often wonder what TSA has done with all the items taken in the past. It has always made me wonder if the workers gamble them off like lost luggage. Maybe they just don't want the hassle anymore.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Not a good Idea... All to make the job of a TSA screener easier?? Really, Telling someone to drop their banned knife in the box requires too much effort?? Shame on anyone who thinks that they can carry one on a plane in the first place. Sure, some people forget but my God, how long has this rule been in place? It should be inherent by now. Just like putting on your seat belt. Check your damn pockets before heading to the flippin airport.

TSA will regret this decision down the road...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
How dumber can they get? Isn't a box cutter technically a knife? Its sharp, it cuts through flesh quite well. We already had a terrorist attack where they used box cutters "knives" to hijack planes and kill our ppl. What's next for us or should I ask?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Happens to me too. Randomly selected to go in the full body cancer machine. Every time.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Yep, still not swallowing that one...the day someone can actually threaten me with a box cutter?

The whole idea is ridiculous anyhow, as there are a dozen ways to easily smuggle customized weapons onto a plane, if someone was really determined enough to do so. All these measures do is make it less likely, but at the expense of inconveniencing EVERYONE else.

Happens to me too. Randomly selected to go in the full body cancer machine. Every time.

I get the full pat down, etc. Likely because I lived in the Middle East as a kid, albeit for two years, and I was born in America, and haven't been to the Middle East in over 20 years.... Every time I see that little SS on my boarding pass....

edit on 6-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join