It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to Attack U.S. With ‘Lighter and Smaller Nukes’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This has me wondering given the timing. Denis Rodman visits and cajoles KJU and what if he was an Obama personal private envoy? Then I wonder if he whispers to KJU that fellow Marxist BHO could use a distraction just now can you accommodate? KJU is happy to comply and threatens to cancel the 50's ceasefire opting to go into hot war again. Conspiracy or theory?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

well lets see just what they have and or could reach with them non missiles, some times i feel like i'm the only one keeping up er on this, not like i have anything else to do www.bbc.co.uk... from the link

12 December 2012 Last updated at 05:06 ET
North Korea's missile programme
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

North Korea rocket plan condemned
N Korea agrees to nuclear freeze
North Korea country profile

North Korea is believed to have more than 1,000 missiles of varying capabilities, including long-range missiles which could one day strike the US.

Pyongyang's programme has progressed over the last few decades from tactical artillery rockets in the 1960s and 70s to short­-range and medium-range ballistic missiles in the 1980s and 90s. Systems capable of greater ranges are understood to be under research and development.

According to the Council on Foreign Relations, an independent think-tank, some of North Korea's missiles also have the capability to carry nuclear warheads. However, the country is not yet thought to have developed such warheads.
ok now then the link says "North Korea is believed to have more than 1,000 missiles of varying capabilities, including long-range missiles which could one day strike the US." and from this i will say about 200 could hit the US main land , 500 or so could hit Hawaii that is 700 missiles now lets say 10% get through the MDS, er thats Missile Defense System or "star wars" Ronald Reagan plan for you that remember , so we have 70 missiles that could in theory hit the US mainland and Hawaii, 300 is more than enough to take out South Korea. also from the link

Missile ranges

Short range: 1,000km or less
Medium range: 1,000-3,000km
Intermediate range: 3,000-5,500 km
Intercontinental: Greater than 5,500km
now they did launch a sat missile in Dec and have one ready to go, my thinking is if you have one then you 2 if you have that then you 10 get to that then you can have as many as you want, for what we do know about DPRK is only what they say , and that is not that much. If you now what to look for then you can see behind the curtain or obscurity. missile parts, missile fuel, missile factory's x output x days weeks,then test flights in Dec they got it right so by that calculation they might have as many, 700 to go, not all will have nukes some with Bio or Chem or a mix there of english.sina.com... now lets look at their new missile missilethreat.com... and then look at China's Missiles and their build up to getting it right missilethreat.com... so what does this have to do with DPRK and Un's nuke passion?

Well if you look at the the Df 5 it is in the time frame for DPRK to get their hands on one or ??? you don't think DPRK got there on their own do ya? I sure as He!! don't DF 31 would be pushing it for that is China's new one www.fas.org...

edit on 6-3-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

edit on 7-3-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

Yeah Well, Dennis Rodmans been smoking dope with Kim recently.
I guess he got paranoid.

Does anyone else grow tired of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", or is it just me?
I mean really....What? Did he run out of Jack Daniels AGAIN?

edit on 6-3-2013 by Wildmanimal because: stupid typo

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Just who is permitting them to threaten the US with 'lighter and smaller nukes' ? I certaintly didn't give them permission.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Lil Kimmy just hid small nukes in rodman's basketballs to be remote-controlled detonated when he gets back to LA. Just kiddin.

I sincerely believe that North Korea is nothing more than China's launch pad. North Korea has nothing, is nothing. But, if they launched a nuke at the US, no one would be looking at China as the bad guy - would they.

China is the one who historically hates Japan and the US positions over there - why wouldn't China use North Korea as a launch pad and blame it on them.. China has it's own economic implosion soon to happen. They don't want (what's the democratic island off of china?) I'm having a brain-f#%)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
apparently this was just announced by the DPRK:

(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors by YONHAP News.

This time I'm not sure what to think about all the threats, somehow this time they seem to be more 'real'. Also South Korea and the US seem to take them more seriously. General James Thurman gave a Statement and the Army Major General Kim Yong-hyun, Operational Director for the JCS as well

With its statement, it raised the possibility of a limited military clash between North and South Korea escalating into all-out war. A problem is, the JSC did not clearly define what “commanding forces” would entail.
Also unusual is the fact that the vow to retaliate to any provocations came with President Park Geun-hye’s stamp of approval.

"For 60 years, the Armistice Agreement has ensured peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula. It concerns me when any signatory to a mutual agreement makes a public statement contrary to that agreement," Gen. James Thurman, the UNC commander, said in a statement. "As the UNC Commander, I am charged to fully enforce the conditions of the armistice."

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
thing is guys...

i know America could nuke NK to kingdom come without any issue... but NK management dont care about the populace of NK, and they also hate SK, so if they do attack America with some nukes, even terrorist style nukes from inside the country rather than missiles....

if the management dissapear to a bunker somewhere, maybe even in china, and kill tens if not hundereds of thousands of Americans, then america reacts and nukes NK killing thousands of innocents NK's and due to fallout a whole tonne of SK's possibly kicks off WWIII

Then surley they achieve their goal?
edit on 7-3-2013 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
But Rodman thinks they are pretty good guys....why would they do that to us?

Sorry, i know.....no one liners...but couldn't resist.
edit on 5-3-2013 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

maybe rodmans visit was to give kim the nod as it's his turn to play hitler

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Everyone's against NK's nuclear tests so if they do something, planet Earth will have a new crater, with their coordinates.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
I sincerely believe that North Korea is nothing more than China's launch pad. North Korea has nothing, is nothing. But, if they launched a nuke at the US, no one would be looking at China as the bad guy - would they.

China is the one who historically hates Japan and the US positions over there - why wouldn't China use North Korea as a launch pad and blame it on them.. China has it's own economic implosion soon to happen.

Although China's 'bubble' is due to burst in the next 12–18 months, they are trying to reinvent their economy to be more consumer based and more environmentally friendly with their recently installed new leaderhip. Conflict probably isn't what they want right now; especially with the West (Japan is another case).

That, and China have, for once, vote for these new sanctions.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

if the management dissapear to a bunker somewhere, maybe even in china, and kill tens if not hundereds of thousands of Americans, then america reacts and nukes NK killing thousands of innocents NK's and due to fallout a whole tonne of SK's possibly kicks off WWIII

Then surley they achieve their goal?
edit on 7-3-2013 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

You seriously think it will need nukes to fight/invade NK? I am not an expert, but I think a few drones and a couple conventional stealth fighters and maybe a few A-10 would be MORE than enough

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
lol @ all the Johnny-come-lately topics popping up concerning this news.

Seems threats of nuclear Armageddon concern Americans!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Drones are not really a great option if the other country have an Air Force.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Its not actually a divine law that the USA must get deeply involved in the politics of every other country in the world.

Uhm....he has directly threatened the USA, not just SK.... Just a point of order there.

Also, by being an ally of South Korea, and through numerous agreements, we are officially involved in any threat to them as well.

Drones are not really a great option if the other country have an Air Force.

Sure they are...especially stealth drones....with the radar cross-section of a bumble-bee.....

Seems threats of nuclear Armageddon concern Americans!

Yep, we sweat the small stuff.....
edit on 8-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Closing duplicate NK threads, and leaving the oldest one open.

Please post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join