It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to Attack U.S. With ‘Lighter and Smaller Nukes’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

you mean "Will" happen.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I dont think Kim Jong-Un is suicidal....just a little boy throwing a tantrum for attention. Still they do have nukes so he cant be simply ignored.
edit on 6-3-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

the problem there is , it is just not Un, it is also the KPA staff, www.kcna.co.jp... from the link

Spokesman for Supreme Command of KPA Clarifies Important Measures to Be Taken by It
Pyongyang, March 5 (KCNA) -- A spokesman for the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army issued the following statement on Tuesday:
this will be in Bold 3 parts to it this means war by the DPRK First, it will take the second and third strong practical counteractions in succession to cope with the high-handed war acts of the U.S. and all other hostile forces as it had already declared.

The army and people of the DPRK never make an empty talk.

It is the mettle of Songun Korea to do what it is determined to do.

It won victories in the two wars and has advanced along the road of victory despite manifold difficulties.

The army groups on the front, ground forces, the navy, air and anti-air units, strategic rocket units of the KPA, the Worker-Peasant Red Guards and the Young Red Guards have launched an all-out action according to the operational plan finally signed by the dear respected Supreme Commander Kim Jong Un.

Now that the U.S. imperialists seek to attack the DPRK even with nuclear weapons, it will counter them with diversified precision nuclear strike means of Korean style.

Those means are bound to be launched once their buttons are pressed, and the enemies' strongholds be turned into a sea in flames.

This land is neither the Balkans nor Iraq and Libya.

The army and people of the DPRK have everything including lighter and smaller nukes unlike what they had in the past.

Second, the KPA Supreme Command will make the Korean Armistice Agreement totally nullified.

The war maneuvers being staged by the U.S. imperialists and the south Korean puppet forces are a vivid expression of their systematic violation of the AA.

Accordingly, the Supreme Command of the KPA will completely declare invalid the AA, which has existed for form's sake from March 11, the day when the war maneuvers will enter into a full-dress stage.

The DPRK will make a strike of justice at any target anytime as it pleases without limit, not bound to the AA, and achieve the great cause of the country's reunification, the cherished desire of the nation.

Third, the KPA Supreme Command will totally stop the activities of the Panmunjom mission of the KPA which was tentatively established and operated by it as a negotiating body for establishing a peace-keeping mechanism on the Korean Peninsula.

In this regard it will simultaneously make a decision to cut off the Panmunjom DPRK-U.S. military telephone.

Our choice has become clear now that the moves of all hostile forces to encroach upon the sovereignty and dignity of the DPRK are reaching a dangerous phase.

It is the unshakable stand of the army and people of the DPRK and the mode of counteraction of Mt. Paektu style to counter enemies coming in attack with a dagger with a sword, a rifle with an artillery piece and nukes with precision nuclear strike means of Korean style more powerful than them.

The U.S. imperialists and their allies should not forget even a moment that they are standing at the crossroads of their life and death.

A final victory is in store for the army and people of the DPRK who are all out to protect its sovereignty.

On Dec. 12 last year the DPRK legitimately and successfully launched a satellite for peaceful purposes, ensuring international transparency, going beyond practice, and choosing a comparatively mild situation for it.

Seizing the DPRK's satellite launch as an occasion for stifling it from the outset, the U.S. and its allies deliberately negated the DPRK's sovereignty over its satellite launch. They finally prodded the UN Security Council into adopting a "resolution on sanctions" before opting for high-handed hostile acts against the DPRK.
this is a long one but it should be posted for all to see
These hostile acts are still going on. cont.

Under this situation the DPRK was compelled to take practical counteractions to defend the security and sovereignty of the country. On Feb. 12 it admirably and successfully conducted the third underground nuclear test for self-defence at the highest level as part of those counteractions.

However, the U.S. imperialists and their allied forces including south Korea are making more persistent and desperate efforts to slap new tougher "sanctions" against the DPRK, far from drawing a due lesson.

Not content with this, they kicked off again the Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises to stifle the DPRK by force of arms by mobilizing huge armed forces of aggression. They will reportedly last for two months from March 1.

Unlike last year the current joint military exercises will be participated in by super-large nuclear-powered carrier task force carrying at least 100 nuclear warheads, B-52H strategic bombers and other means of the U.S. imperialist aggression forces for making ground, sea and air nuclear strikes and its allied forces including south Korea, U.K. and Australia.
it goes on

From this point of view, the exercises cannot be construed otherwise than the most dangerous nuclear war maneuvers targeted against the DPRK and the most undisguised military provocation to be made by a group of all hues of hostile forces.

This serious situation clearly indicates that the actions of the U.S., south Korea and other hostile forces to infringe upon the sovereignty of the DPRK are now leading to a military offensive for aggression, going beyond the level of outrageous economic "sanctions."

In view of the prevailing situation, the Supreme Command of the KPA which is responsible for the national defence and security of the country and the destiny of the nation sent a meaningful warning message to the U.S. imperialist aggressor forces through the KPA Panmunjom mission on February 23. It warned them that if they ignite a war of aggression in the end, from that moment their fate will be hung by a thread with every hour.

But, the joint military exercises have persisted and the U.S. and the south Korean puppet forces have become all the more undisguised in their base moves to kick up their "sanctions."

Looking back on history, the Korean people have neither shot even a single arrow nor thrown a single stone at the land of the U.S.
still more

The U.S. is, however, working with bloodshot eyes to swallow up the DPRK, not content with having incurred the pent-up grudge of the Korean people which can never be settled.

What matters is that the south Korean puppet forces steeped in worship and sycophancy toward the U.S. are dancing to its tune.

Of late Kim Kwan Jin, puppet minister of Defense, and Jong Sung Jo, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, inspected frontline army corps, fleet command and guided missile units where they blustered that a sort of military provocation is expected from the north and cried out for making "deadly strikes" and "preemptive strikes" at the "bases for provocations."

As far as these guys are concerned, they are a group of traitors who pushed the inter-Korean relations to a collapse together with traitor Lee Myung Bak who knows nothing about politics and military affairs. They are military gangsters who go reckless, unaware of what their master U.S. has in mind, what is the intention of the neighbouring countries and what all fellow countrymen and nation desire.

The puppet authorities, too, are crying out for the dismantlement of nukes and halt to provocation as dictated by their master, without knowing what is precious wealth for the nation. They move like a robot and repeat anything like a parrot.

The sovereignty and dignity of the nation are violated and the supreme interests of the country are seriously threatened by the U.S., the sworn enemy of the Korean peo
edit on 6-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
wanna wager that Lil Un develops a deadly cancer... soon.
jus sayin.. seems how the "Bad guys" go these days

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
seems i am having issues with my computer , the above is of real importance the DPRK will and are in the stages of going to war , with the south on or by the 11th the line is drawn the drums of war are no longer beating for when but are in rhythm for now! this is going to be very bad.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Is lil kim really that stupid?
Talking about using nukes, he knows that nk will no longer exist
if he launches just one right? I mean he has to, no one can be that stupid.

I can see him getting huffy and going to war, thats one thing, but if he is dumb enough
to launch a nuke at anyone, he is more a child than i made him out to be.
But hey, it's his funeral , if he seriously wants to go out that way, i could think of much
better ways to spend my time.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

well yes pilgrim he is, now that they have the nuke they foresee a one nation, and Seoul will be no more, the other part of their dream is all but talk , yes in their minds and will, Seoul will be no more, even if it does mean their own end, for I don't think we would just let Seoul go up in smoke with out sending a nuke or 2 to DPRK, it is a matter of how we could convince it is justice for DPRK to be nuked, to China and Russia as well as the UN.

Few days left to see how this plays out, wonder if DPRK use theirs If Iran would use theirs on Israel, yes i still think Iran has a nuke.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The husband and I used to play a war strategy game. I was Russia, he the US. I rained small compact nukes on the East Coast like the arrows in the movie 300... enough to blot out the sun.. LOL! It was strategically bombing with several nukes and several areas simultaneously. I overwhelmed his defenses. I won that battle. I lost the whole war , however. Kim has a leg to stand on if he is suicidal. He has to know that even if he causes initial hard core damage, the retaliation will be the annihilation of NK... by the US and SK.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Man, this is sad, in today's time, one has to resort to nukes.
shame, he could do so much for his country, and the people, now
a lot of them are going to die, and for what? Ego, bragging rights...

guess they wont have to worry about starving much longer, but so much else
could be done, it will eventually effect the whole planet. All because someone got
their panties in a bunch. Just dosent seem worth it to me.. ya, they did some bad things
us is pushing, and they shouldnt be, but one would think their would be a better way to solve it
than nukes.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ok, this might be a stupid question...But I'll ask anyway

If NK launches a nuke, can't the US just shoot it down, then the US or SK could just use conventional weapons.
Just because NK presses the button doesn't mean we have to, just hit their bases after the there launch.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by andypb

well if you read this www.rodong.rep.kp... from the link

This land is neither the Balkans nor Iraq and Libya.

The army and people of the DPRK have everything including lighter and smaller nukes unlike what they had in the past.

Second, the KPA Supreme Command will make the Korean Armistice Agreement totally nullified.

The war maneuvers being staged by the U.S. imperialists and the south Korean puppet forces are a vivid expression of their systematic violation of the AA.

Accordingly, the Supreme Command of the KPA will completely declare invalid the AA, which has existed for form's sake from March 11, the day when the war maneuvers will enter into a full-dress stage.

The DPRK will make a strike of justice at any target anytime as it pleases without limit, not bound to the AA, and achieve the great cause of the country's reunification, the cherished desire of the nation.

Third, the KPA Supreme Command will totally stop the activities of the Panmunjom mission of the KPA which was tentatively established and operated by it as a negotiating body for establishing a peace-keeping mechanism on the Korean Peninsula.

In this regard it will simultaneously make a decision to cut off the Panmunjom DPRK-U.S. military telephone.

Our choice has become clear now that the moves of all hostile forces to encroach upon the sovereignty and dignity of the DPRK are reaching a dangerous phase.

It is the unshakable stand of the army and people of the DPRK and the mode of counteraction of Mt. Paektu style to counter enemies coming in attack with a dagger with a sword, a rifle with an artillery piece and nukes with precision nuclear strike means of Korean style more powerful than them.

The U.S. imperialists and their allies should not forget even a moment that they are standing at the crossroads of their life and death.

A final victory is in store for the army and people of the DPRK who are all out to protect its sovereignty.
you see they are not Iraq, not just launching one or 2 at time but letting it all fly at once and they do have more that one so what will it be like 200o missiles coming in with 5000 rounds of shells 105mm 155mm is what we have, but they have different types of artillery but the size should give an idea now how will it play out?Here is one thought www.globalsecurity.org... from the link

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) possesses larger forces than Iraq, and they are already deployed along South Korea's border. A war could explode after a warning of only a few hours or days, not weeks. Unlike in the Persian Gulf, this attack would be prosecuted along a narrow peninsula on mountainous terrain. It would probably be accompanied by massed artillery fire, commando raids, and chemical weapons. Initially, the primary battlefield would be only about 125 kilometers wide and 100 kilometers deep. The DPRK attack would be conducted against well-prepared ROK forces in fortified positions and against larger U.S. forces than in the Persian Gulf. Most probably, the DPRK attack would aim at seizing nearby Seoul by advancing down the Kaesong-Munsan, Kumwa, and Chorwon corridors. If successful, North Korean forces might also try to conquer the entire peninsula before large U.S. reinforcements arrive.

North Korea has deployed more than 55 percent of its key forces in forward bases near the border. North Korea's short-term blitzkrieg strategy envisions a successful surprise attack in the early phase of the war to occupy South Korea before the arrival of US reinforcements on the Korean Peninsula. North Korean ground forces, totaling some 1 million soldiers, are composed of some 170 divisions and brigades including infantry, artillery, tank, mechanized and special operation forces. Of the total, about 60 divisions and brigades are deployed south of the Pyongyang-Wonsan line. This means a surprise attack on South Korea is possible at any time without a prior redeployment of its units. North Korea has about 500 long-range artillery tubes within range of Seoul, double the levels of a the mid-1990s. The North Korean navy has also deployed 430 surface combatants and about 60 percent of some 90 submarine combat vessels near the front line in forward bases. With about 40 percent of its 790 fighter planes deployed near the front line, the North Korean air force could launch a surprise attack on any part of South Korea within a short period of time.
i think much faster and with more fire power that what this says , but that is just me.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wake up people, DPRK does not have nukes capable of hitting Seoul. Their actual rockets cannot transport nukes and will be easily intercepted.

Republic of Korea Army is superior to the DPRK even without the US, just check the numbers and equipments.

And my final statement, IF DPRK launch a nuke one day it`s going to be directed to the US or Japan. They do not want to kill Korean civilians.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This sort of rhetorical nonsense has been coming out of the North for more than half a century...albeit minus the nuke talk, which is just slightly scary... But overall? Nothing out of the ordinary.

In the eighties while working in the Aleutian, actually the Shumigan Islands, Islands: we used to be able to tune in to Radio Pyonyang...and this sort of rhetoric is part and partial to their standard programming. Seemed like every hour on the hour...

South Korea is/was doomed. The U.S./NATO is/was doomed. The Kims were heaven sent saviours of the Asian masses... Yadda...yadda...yadda.

Really, folks... Standard fare.

Really good music, though. Usually classical, or Asian flavored. Perfect for unwinding after a twenty hour day...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thanks, that was very informative.
I just assumed that because NK was testing nukes, that they didn't have a lot of them.
I thought they only had at most maybe 5 nukes.
That's why i thought we could shoot them down, then bomb the crap out of their bases.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by andypb

That is what most think DPRK has x amount when ,if you think about it they, DPRK er Un might have XX or even XXX amount of nukes , would you risk it all for a hand full of nukes or risk it all over a few hundred? and if you have that many how would you use them? a few in the first opening shots, or all at once? remember you have to over whelm the opponents forces, keep them at distance weaken them then crush them. at sea, on land,and in the air. DPRK does not have that, but they think they do. If only Rod Man would go and say to Un "hey man , listen its like this , their the US is going to kick your arse, and then their drop nukes on you! is it with it? com'on lets play some ball an get over it, let it go, the South will be there fro you to poke fun at , you like fun don't ya?" little Un aint no fun, he got nukes , wants to let them fly, come on every body, little Un aint no fun, he got nukes wants to let them fly, hes so sly think he's hot , when he's cool , but he not cool when he wants to play with them nukes"
can see it now, Rod Man running around in that white hat and all that cold bouncing around his neck , acting like he dribbling a ball singing that to Un.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thanks for the reply.
I can see where your coming from, it was my ignorance in the subject that led me to believe they only had a few.

Thanks again

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This was posted on breakingnews.com about an hour ago ...

North and South Korea tensions
North Korea is conducting series of military drills and is getting ready for state-wide war practice of an unusual scale, South Korea says - @Reuters

edit on 6-3-2013 by BlackPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm probably not the only person thinking this (I haven't read the entire thread, just the OP), but I honestly hope NYC or somewhere big like that gets nuked.
Lets shake things up a bit- lets make a world change: for better or for worse.
Daily life is boring me. Bomb Adelaide for I care (my home city).
Earth needs something crazy to happen- day to day life is boring. Bring on the big guns, bring on something that will shift earth in its axis, bring on something that will alter the course of history!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

That sort of exciting I could, along with most of the rest of the world hopefully, do without. Thanks, though...

Really, this is a whole lot of sound and fury that signify nothing. Or so it's to be devotedly hoped... A resumption of the Korean War would not be a good thing...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
wanna wager that Lil Un develops a deadly cancer... soon.
jus sayin.. seems how the "Bad guys" go these days

He would if the world thought it would make a difference. It's the top brass in NK that all the bluster emanates from. The Kims are just talismans. Offing a Kim would only send the place into a state of conniption and make a messy conflict far more probable.

Originally posted by seagull
Really, this is a whole lot of sound and fury that signify nothing.

Yeah. I'd probably agree. The real area of import is the regime's progression in nuke delivering devices. Once this becomes a clear and present danger, it's end game for the cannibal kingdom.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join