It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLACKOUT! Numerous conspiracy sites offline in organized attack.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Originally posted by CUBD1

GLP, LOP, AE, KB all experiencing non-responsive servers.

PLEASE ADD ANY OTHERS YOU'VE BEEN MONITORING TODAY.

Not everyone knows what these acronyms mean

edit on 6/3/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

This might help

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Seriously if the government even has a fraction of the technology you read about that they are supposed to have.
Supposedly 50 + years ahead of what we are seeing, I am sure they'll have no trouble shutting down conspiracy sites if they wish. It wont stop people talking about this stuff though.They'd be wasting their time and at the same time prove that a real agenda exists.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

I hope you will say some more juicy stuff because i have some very juicy questions

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Not sure what happen but the night before 3/5/2013 there was some major internet issues. Nothing would resolve and there was packet loss all across the board. Like California fell off the Earth or something, as Google or anything wouldn't work. I was thinking, Hope there wasn't any earthquakes down there as they are due for one. Could be that new CAS bs going into affect.
edit on 6-3-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I haven't been able to get on GLP since yesterday. A few days prior, they said they'd been under DDOS attacks.
I've been getting on junk websites, like facebook, BBC etc just fine. I did an internet search on Yahoo for "conspiracy forums" and it took ages to load. I searched for "knitting forums" and it popped up instantly.

I don't want to draw conclusions just yet. But the internet is acting a bit weird.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I was having difficulty posting here about 10 hours ago.

The message that I was getting indicated an issue with the server at ATS, but the site wasn't down.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I was starting to have issues with ATS about midday yesterday. Slow responses, etc. But not with any other place I went to on the internet.

Then last night, after about 10:30pm, I could not longer get ATS to load at all. I gave up and went to bed.

Nice to see it's back this morning, but I'm still getting some slow load times.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
They all started going down around the time that news broke on Hugo Chavez's death. Not saying that it was the US Government, but it would leave a lot of suspicion in my eyes about what they're trying to hide if it was.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by snoochieboochies

While anything is possible - I'd think that the US Government would be much more effective than this attack has proven to be. One has to keep in mind that some of the conspiracy sites on the web - even some of the more popular ones - are little more than side efforts run out of peoples basements or garages. Taking those out is something that would not take much effort at all.

Oh, and snootch to the nooch.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CUBD1

Yesterday and last night I kept getting and error for ATS. It would say it times out. I would click on a topic and it would go straight to the error message. I had other tabs opened and check a couple of other sites and had no problems. Don't know if anyone else had issues or not.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
GLP is down.........oh what a shame.........

If your business model for the internet is to ban every IP address that is not a paid subscriber you are doomed to make someone mad enough to destroy your site. That Trinity is really some piece of work.......some would say they deserve it.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
ahhhhhh .... that explains all the issues I had trying to get on ATS yesterday.
I thought it was operator error or my computer getting wiggy ....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CUBD1

REPRISE

The topic of the thread has its origins here in Cass Sunstein - avowed enemy of freedom.....

Top Obama czar: Infiltrate all 'conspiracy theorists'

Opening remarks:

Cass Sunstein
In a lengthy academic paper, President Obama’s regulatory czar, Cass Sunstein, argued the U.S. government should ban “conspiracy theorizing.”
Among the beliefs Sunstein would ban is advocating that the theory of global warming is a deliberate fraud.

Sunstein also recommended the government send agents to infiltrate “extremists who supply conspiracy theories” to disrupt the efforts of the “extremists” to propagate their theories.

In a 2008 Harvard law paper, “Conspiracy Theories,” Sunstein and co-author Adrian Vermeule, a Harvard law professor, ask, “What can government do about conspiracy theories?”

“We can readily imagine a series of possible responses. (1) Government might ban conspiracy theorizing. (2) Government might impose some kind of tax, financial or otherwise, on those who disseminate such theories.”

In the 30-page paper – obtained and reviewed by WND – Sunstein argues the best government response to “conspiracy theories” is “cognitive infiltration of extremist groups.”

Continued Sunstein: “We suggest a distinctive tactic for breaking up the hard core of extremists who supply conspiracy theories: cognitive infiltration of extremist groups, whereby government agents or their allies (acting either virtually or in real space, and either openly or anonymously) will undermine the crippled epistemology of believers by planting doubts about the theories and stylized facts that circulate within such groups, thereby introducing beneficial cognitive diversity.”

Read more about Cass Sunstein’s agenda in “Shut Up, America!: The End of Free Speech”

Sunstein said government agents “might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action.”

Sunstein defined a conspiracy theory as “an effort to explain some event or practice by reference to the machinations of powerful people, who have also managed to conceal their role.”

To BHO and his kind - Sic semper tyrannis

edit on 6-3-2013 by POXUSA because: txy

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This just goes to show how no matter how good your anti-hack security is, there is always a way in...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

LOP is roughly the same ratio to GLP as GLP is to here, if I were to guess.

The rest are incredibly obscure. I'm talking a few dozen posters and maybe ten or twenty threads in a day at the most. I doubt they'd come under the radar of your average 'hacker' or whatever looking for lulz.

At the same time, I've had no issue with any other sites I've been on.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
President Bush issued alot of Letters to shut down "gripe websites".

Well maybe due to the Sequester Cuts the Presidente can't afford paper to write down the orders and just issued a verbal command to shut down "gripe websites".

Wouldn't you like to know how many websites President Bush ordered shut down versus PResident Obama?

I wonder what the official stat numbers are. I'm noticing there are more people getting microwaved to death in their own homes now.......errr...."Spontaneous Combustion Deaths".....LOL!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Yup, kids in their basements usinc LOIC don't have anything on ATS

The real question is who is performing these attacks?!

Well, there are two possible suspects. They are..

A) sinister secret agents who attack conspiracy web sites to prevent people from learning the "truth" about shape shifting alien lizards infiltrating society, OR

B) Organized crime members in Easter Europe trying to hack web sites and install malicious software that infects the computers of people who log onto them, which in turn will make them into spambots that do the hackers' bidding. The same way they've successfully done with a million OTHER web sites all over the world.

Personally I'm leaning toward the "sinister secret agents" scenario. You can't be too careful about those shapeshifting alien lizards.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There could be a link here The DOJ to crackdown on concpiracy Theorists, Equating them to terrorists.
edit on 6-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If there are no need for disbelief (in other words: NO ONE LIES AGAIN EVER)
theres no need for Conspiracy Forums...
End of disscussion

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
deleted post
edit on 6-3-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join