It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you really remove yourself from the game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hello All,

First of all I would just like to say that I’m not one of these guys who think the world is going to end in some catastrophic blast from an asteroid, although it could happen! Also I’m not one of those guys who think I should keep a bug out bag by the front door “just in case” I need a box a matches or a tin of tuna when the world is up the spout without a paddle. I am one of those guys though that has come to the stark realisation that the world it not what it seems.

Sure, I can hear you all say “welcome to the club buddy” and “have you just come to your senses?” but something happened to me in the last couple of months that has made me realise the world and all we a fed is a great big pile of Sh*t.

Without wanting to get on my high horse and bore the living daylights out of you all, or for that matter, tell you something you may already know. I want to say first of all “I’m sorry” for ever doubting anyone who has told me this in the past. Yes I was one of those who would smirk and think you were a Looney for even suggesting the idea the media on the planet are filling your heads full of rubbish.
It has come to this point in my life when I now don’t believe a word of it. It’s there on every channel, bull# after bull# of complete lies. Take for instance the latest news about Hugo Chavez; didn’t he actually die a week ago or so? Then I hear he has an infection, then he’s recovering now he’s dead……again. (This is only one point out of the many).

It has taken me a while to come to this conclusion (I’M A BIT SLOW) But like those magic pictures from the 90’s it has taken me a while to “get my eye in” so to speak?!
This begs the question: Can you really remove yourself from the game?

Now I know everything is a complete lie can it be avoided? Turn off TV, don’t look at magazines/newspapers etc etc etc etc.

I don’t think you can run anywhere?

Sad isn't it, especially when you know the bloke sat next to you on the train is a believer.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Welcome to the world you see today.

out of the game.... No
but you can minimize you view upon it
you see i dont watch TV (now you think im a freak) No really i HATE TV and all that comes with it (programs, news, propaganda etc) i do own one but i dont watch it. Just have my apple mini plugged in to it to play movies or browse the net.
stop listening to FM radio (its sooooo annoying) download music buy a CD or just listen to your own thoughts (which isnt that bad sometimes (try jogging with no music))
Even here on ATS soo much bull but at least you have a choice of what to read and what to not read. but at the end of the day its still Bull.

i can of tuna and a match box will do just fine when the # hits the fan trust me
edit on 5-3-2013 by wan7ed because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wan7ed

Cheers!

I live nearly the same way..............you are not a freak!

Still, you can't help being bombarded with crap all the time! regardless of tv/news/mags/internet etc.

Mmmmm a luke warm can of tuna...............

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Nowhere to run to,
Nowhere to hide.
Bar you sit on a mountain blindfolded with your fingers in your ears singing 'la la la' you cannot escape the lies.
A conversation with a friend can be lies.
ATS may at times post opinions of members that are lies.

Is it lies?
Or just someone elses truth. People and organisations feel compelled to assert their versions of truth as 'how it is!'

Think of all the crap as being someone elses reality and simply choose to reject it.
By blocking out the bombardment of rubbish you will deprive yourself of the exercise of recognising it in it's more subtle forms.
Be awake and discerning, and be happy that you are wise to the fodder that is fed to the willing masses.
You are far from alone, stay vigilant, stay discerning and deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-3-2013 by Guarnere09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

HumansEh - I always love reading your posts. They strike a chord.

top topics

join