It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Homeland security’ has received $791 billion since 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I just came across this and looked through the search and didn't see anything so here you go.

tv.msnbc.com...

homeland security will likely emerge from the American austerity wars relatively intact.

Of course it will, how else will you control the public while everything else goes south?

Whether homeland security spending should remain intact is another question entirely. For one thing, it’s unclear exactly where all of that money is going, or whether it is really doing much to keep the homeland safe.

This is the best part. You don't even know what you're spending the money on or even what they are doing to keep you safe. Meanwhile they are cutting everything that matters to YOU, and making YOU pay more for it all.

“Homeland security” encompasses a swatch of disparate policy goals being pursued by numerous departments with little in the way of actual coordination.

In other words, you have different groups of people with different agendas colluding together for funding under one banner, and no body knows what they are doing with the money or why.

“there is no agreed-upon definition for just what homeland security is.”

And there never will be as long as they get their consistent funding with your money to do whatever they please

Can you tell i'm terrible at making threads?

edit on 5-3-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

That amount of money is STAGGERING!

I would love to see the entire budget of DHS and where this money is being spent!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

For those interested, the DHS Budget for 2013:

LINK

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Now you know how they can afford those mraps and buy all that ammo.

But come on that is 65 billion per year for 12 years altho 65 billion a year and releasing illegals not getting our monies worth there.

But we never get our moneys worth on any government agency/spending.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I bet it's spent helping the FBI and TSA set up some poor unsuspecting person into doing some random terror plot that they set up which they then end up of stopping and taking all the credit in how they just prevented a horrible attack from happening.

edit on 5-3-2013 by Lostmymarbles because: grammar

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Thats over 2 billion for every us citizen if every us citizen had 2 billion there would be no need for such an agency.

I dont even want to mention the amount of money the government has taken from me since 2001. Nearly all of my income.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

That would be soo soo cool if they did that give the tax payer back their money. But instead they use tax payers money as toilet paper and cut funding from school systems so that they can give it as foreign aid

Wake me up when this is over...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm sure that they have received more than that since then. They have acquired things that aren't run through them also. They use resources that are of other funding. The true cost is well over a trillion.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Obviously they haven't been spending it on US since all the talk of INCREASED terror cells brewing on the mainland (to the point even/especially CIA were exposed training terrorists on US soil)

So where does it all mostly go? My guess is on loading up hundreds of thousands, if not millions yet, of bombs with uranium and dropping them all over the various mideast countries.

and eventually over the mainland, america.... via. DRONES

top topics

join