learn more

Please use the REPLY button? :,(

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Now, I don't want to go on a rant here, but America's foreign policy makes about as much sense as Beowulf having sex with Robert Fulton at the first battle of Antietam. I mean when a neo-conservative defenestrates it's like Raskolnikov filibuster deoxymonohydroxinate. Also I'll promise to use the reply-to button if you promise to check your thens for thans!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What do you mean ? You mean don't do this what I just did here ? Is that what you mean ? I never do that. I always hit the reply button because I didn't even know that you could just reply without really specifically speaking to the person you are replying to because that does't make any sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Deal...

As you can see by my photo... some things fall off now "then"...

Happens quite a lot with my tongue...

im gettin old... sorry

edit on 5-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

See, See,, I used that Damn Old Button!
I'd like to reply

My other reply to you is more serious!

Feel Better?
edit on 6-3-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
When people stop replying in context to the original post I just stop reading, seems pointless after that.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Noted, only figured that out a couple of weeks back, felt like such a dumb ass for sifting through post to find replies. Thanks Ats for making the site so convenient for all the newbies, all they need to do is open there eyes hehe

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

What's old Bernard up to these days?? Anyone keeping tabs on him?? Does he have any new "not-so-secret" profiles I need to be aware of??

PA

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

HAHA I have been on this site for years and joined a few back and totally forgot the subscribe!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have the exact opposite philosophy... when they actually use the reply button, then I end up seeing what they posted which makes me feel a strong need to reply. Next thing I know I'm all out of sedatives and having to buy a new keyboard to replace the one I just smashed in anger.

The older I get, the more I understand the whole ignorance being bliss thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have also been here 8 years and did not know that. Wow I love it...why did I not know about this. :shk:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by Akragon

Edit; This was not a response to the person just above, even though he demonstrates the point.

Not really. He trimmed his quote to a line or two and did not quote the entire message. Trimming your quotes is also a polite thing to do.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hey You!

What if i want to make general statement on the thread where it can apply to the entire topic?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm replying to your first post without reply just so you lol a little tiny bit, but then feel like crying.

JKjkjkjkjk

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Just for the record, the "trimming" happened later (look at the small print).
At the time I added that comment, the full "quote of previous post" was there.
And I only added the comment to clarify that the original post had NOT been directed at him personally, but was a generalised observation.

edit on 6-3-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I undestand where you're coming from OP, but sometimes a reply IS directed at the entire thread or the idea of said thread, not a single person. As a new member I try not to make the 'rookie mistakes', but it is appreciated when wiser members shed a shred of knowledge for us, so thank you.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I hit the reply-to button. Of course only if I'm talking to or using/against the persons point of view. If I'm making a general statement about topic then no reply-to is needed. I do see your point in everyone talking to someone different and you have no idea who's talking to who. Especially jumping in mid thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Its funny you are upset about us newbies not pressing 'the reply' button when in fact we ALL read the thread even if a comment is to someone personally it is to all members right?. Yet you are not upset at some members replying to other members comments which were directed personally to other people?
Think holistically about the thread- it is for all and to all.
Don't worry if confusion to who the comment is personally directed happens it will get sorted out in the end.
I am smiling but have not posted an emotive ball -does that make you angry or confused.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Oi !I did not post the happy ball face, that interference of someone placing one there without my consent makes me feel something that you don't have an emotivball for.
Love

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

All comments are general points about the topic. The reply is the link but if you are reading the whole thread as most do you can live without it. Where ever there are opinions there is confusion. Confusion is not in the posts but in the minds reading them.

*To the OP how about instead calling for higher consciousness and clarity from the members

Happy faced.
Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Nah... I have lots of threads for that...

I just prefer people to make up their own mind on that issue...

Try this
Who are you?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join