Department of Justice says White House can use

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Department of Justice says White House can use

rt.com

The US government has the right to use military force on American citizens, even at home - but only in "extraordinary circumstances," the attorney general has stated in a letter to Senator Rand Paul.
For example, Holder says, "the president could conceivably have no choice but to authorize the military to use such force if necessary to protect the homeland in the circumstances like a catastrophic attack like the ones suffered on December 7, 1941, and September 11, 2001."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
security.blogs.cnn.com

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well, ladies and gentlemen. The government can now use the NDAA too assassinate a U.S. Citizen in the U.S. I wonder, who decides on whether a precedent is extra-ordinary to authorize a strike?

The conspiracy theorists, about 10 years back, predicted this would happen.

Sad times we live in, indeed.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There needs to be a regime change at the Justice Department. How can people stand for this?? Replace the name Holder with Ashcroft and people would have been on the verge of storming Washington with torches and pitchforks. Rightly so, too.

Now time and wearing us down has them comfortable to even float this as an idea? Oh, how far we've fallen. ...and so quickly.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Taikun

I was just wondering if anyone has read the whole letter??

[url.abovetopsecret.com]AboveTopSecret{/url]

The US government has the right to use military force on American citizens, even at home - but only in "extraordinary circumstances," the attorney general has stated in a letter to Senator Rand Paul.

To me it dosen't sound as cut and dried as RT stated it.
edit on 5-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Define "Extraordinary" Waco? Ruby Ridge? too many parking tickets and won't come out of the house? To many guns in ownership? Reputation of resisting?

Slippery slope that is......

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Consider that they say extraordinary circumstances--like "September 11, 2001." Which means whatever false flag they find necessary to implement....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
surprise surprise, look who gets to decide, the bloke who let all those guns go over the boarder kill some people and then when people come knocking he runs to his President Fear monger and get it all locked up for a while. i mean what actually happened with that. but i think this is just the start being in the UK i can tell you that this will happen over here in some way, not just that but we're also about to go through a cleansing in London with the Bedroom tax on the poor being implemented in a couple of weeks.

Sadly nothing is gonna change and the poor will end up in little stock cities while the rich remain in their mansions in the big cities.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The US government does not have any right to assassinate American citizens at all.. But like Obama, Eric Holder doesn't give a rat's behind about any legalities whatsoever, and just does whatever he feels like doing.. Just like fast and furious getting Americans killed, and they just act like it's nothing worth mentioning..

Eric Holder is an enemy to Americans, just like his boss..These people think they ARE the government, not "we the people". The solicitor general doesn't even do his job and totally ignores his oath of office just like his boss..

Anyone speaking like I am about them would be called anti government, but they are truly anti government, and hold themselves above whom they are sworn to serve even with the blessings of the MSM.

It is also most of congress and the senate whom follow this same pattern of usurping their powers and they use their positions to damage our national security, and now they feel they can kill Americans... Yes, they will need to kill Americans in order to carry out their illegal agenda of destroying freedom and democracy in the USA..

Makes perfect sense... People call Obama a puppet, but he sure has a lot of puppets on the strings he is holding... A puppet show made in HELL.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
They definitely have the money to do it... I just made a thread about the 791billion dollars that has gone to Homeland Security since 9/11. Good times.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
doublepost wtflol
edit on 5-3-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Makes perfect sense... People call Obama a puppet, but he sure has a lot of puppets on the strings he is holding... A puppet show made in HELL.

"Puppet show made in hell."
I love it....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Already posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Topics can be in BAN and one other forum as I understand it. This topic is worth the BAN profile for attention, IMO.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Taikun

Right, ok, I suppose I can understand how the ability to whack a bunch of people would be useful in the event of someone hijacking several planes and hurling them at financial centres. But Pearl Harbour? There were no US citizens involved in that attack, as anything other than victims! Therefore the ability to kill them without censure therefore, wouldnt be very helpful, would provide no tactical advantage what so ever.

So why mention it? What would the purpose be in citing that example?

This is very confusing I must say, very strange.

In any case, it matters not what the politicians lay thier support behind, but what the people will support. So, if the government want something to be officially "OK" then they are going to have to make sure that thier ideas meet with approval from them, not thier cronies.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If an attack were to occur that obliterated a city and it turned out that the government knew but didn't use its military to stop it..
You'd all be the first to demand Obama's resignation for not stopping an attack.

You're all carrying on like he's going to deploy Apache helicopters to catch speeders..

grow up..

This board has become a shining example of why compulsory military service for anyone aged 18-20 should be implemented in western society.

We've all become a bunch of whinging, complaining, demanding selfish little brats.

If this government uses a drone to assassinate a shop lifter, then yes I will be there demanding an end.

But as it stands I don't see a problem in using your advanced/accurate military to stop a massive attack by an individual or group, REGARDLESS of their nationality.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Never said it wouldn't happen. But the text of the letter wasn't the same as the opening quote.

The US government has the right to use military force on American citizens, even at home - but only in "extraordinary circumstances," the attorney general has stated in a letter to Senator Rand Paul

I can also read between the lines, but I prefer that a news source doesn't do it for me.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Hey, didn't mean to steal your thunder. ATS' search didn't do the job well enough. I have posted another source as your have.

Mods, remove if you deem it redundant.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Taikun

I don't expect less from these gangsters.
No actionable evidence.
No sentencing.
No trail.
No time for the target to plead his case to a jury of his peers.

Just suspicion alone.

Randomly murder people with a drone or "sweep team" and now they just made it legal.
Murder political enemies blame alCIAda for it.
Repeat process.
edit on 5-3-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-3-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here's the actual letter:

What is actually wrong with the reply?

do you think the President should NOT have the authority to do so in extreme circumstances such as the 9/11 attack?

A lot of people on here ask why Bush didn't order teh shoot down of any of the 9/11 aircraft as evidence of a conspiracy so apparently think that he does have the authority so why would this be a surprise at all??

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Taikun

Nothing this president does would surprise me. How do you suppress opinions of the American Public? Make them afraid that anything negative they say against you could be conceived as a terrorist threat. You could look at the elections as an example of how people were afraid to express their opinions against Obama and actually see that something of this nature was about to happen. What the American People failed to realize is that using the race card was probably the most ingenious maniacal plan of all time, put a man of color in office and dare anyone to say anything against him. Regardless of your intention you can be labeled as a racist, it no longer becomes about your worries about his experience or ideas for the country, voice a negativity and you're labeled as a bigot that no one should pay attention to. Ingenious really.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum