Arctic Methane Emergency

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
While tripping the light fantasic - surfing the web to you youngsters I came across this video and will now try to link to it.

Apparently this video was deleted from You Tube and then reposted. The original posters of the video and more information can be found at GeoEngineering Watch

www.geoengineeringwatch.org...

I've always been interested in this subject but never really understood how linked this was to ocean health which of course is the source of all life on this planet. I knew about global warming and dimming, but never realized just how long this has been going on and the extent to which it is polluting the planet and harming the planet's ability to heal it'self.

This video (more of an interview with visual aides) is distrubing. Dane Wigington concisely pulls all the threads together into a coherent whole.
edit on 5-3-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)
edit on Tue Mar 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix vid link

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I cannot get this thing to work; here's the link:

youtu.be...

hope that works,

Nope but you can find it at www.geoengineeringwatch.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A long discussion about the video (and Wigington, and the "chemtrail" nonsense) here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you, I looked and didn't catch that one. I'm glad it's been posted.

Whatever your thoughts may be on the subject, the aluminum poisoning of soil, the methane release from ocean reservours with attendant acidification, speces loss, global dimming, arctic ice lost, these are all measurable facts and have multiple causes but I think he makes a substantial argument that geoengineering plays a central roles in the environmental degredation. He also calls out nuclear testing, fossil fuels and deforestation.

The whole system has been destabilized by human intervention and perhaps Wigington is correct in recommending we let the planet heal herself as best she can.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

the aluminum poisoning of soil
No evidence of any change in soil aluminum levels. Unless, of course, you can present some. Wigington doesn't.

the methane release from ocean reservours with attendant acidification
Some, as a result of warming

speces loss
Has always happened and more recently is attributable to loss of habitat and invasive species.

global dimming
None. There is regional dimming due to pollution in some areas but there are also areas that see none and some show brightening because of anti pollution measures.

arctic ice lost
Yes. Global warming is occurring.

I think he makes a substantial argument that geoengineering plays a central roles in the environmental degredation.
Except that there is no evidence that such is the case or even that SRM geoengineering is occurring.

The whole system has been destabilized by human intervention and perhaps Wigington is correct in recommending we let the planet heal herself as best she can.
So far that's what's happening, nothing, except for that kook who dumped some iron in the ocean there isn't any evidence that anything is being done. Oh, except for efforts to reduce pollution and CO2 emissions.
edit on 3/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Here you go.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the now reopened original thread
here

new topics
top topics

join