It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow,you're special!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So 7 out of the 8 new threads on the new threads list is the Hugo Chavez thing.
Do you really think you are the first??
This is ats and we get the news quicker most times then alot of others.

I can read it in my local news for crying out loud.

You bunch of attention seekers and trolls!!!
Use the search engine and quit assuming you are the first.

The duplicate threads really make me want to slap people and foe them.
One thread is enough...please read the boards and recent topics page to see the idiocy you are bringing to the table.

Please look at these screens first before posting.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-3-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I really had the urge to make this same post you did. It's ridiculous. You know they look here and just hope that it's their thread that gets the recognition.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You mean this?

And remember when this happened?

Most of us have done it at least once. But yeah, it gets crazy when something like this breaks. I'll bet it drives the staff nuts.

edit on 3/5/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Hey just wondering if you guys heard...

Hugo chavez died...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Yes exactly...how much attention do people need these days.
We should keep this site's integrity up...these people don't help.

Thanks for the screen shot...thats exactly what I was looking at when getting mad enough to make a rant.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

That's why I keep those in my uploads. Because you know it's going to happen again.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Of course.

The sad thing is people are going to tell me this thread has been done many times but it STILL WON'T STOP!!!

edit on 5-3-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I wish this rant would be the wakeup call but I'm afraid it wont be soooo, I hold them and you can slap them.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sorry who has died?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Now imagine the situation if the aliens landed on earth, and news breaks, it will be like DDOS attack

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
And you needed to make a thread complaining about it....why?
Think you're special?

With a big topic like that, I could imagine that 8 or so people all decided to make a thread on it at the same time. There's just nothing you can do, no way to check, if someone makes a thread, while you're typing away making a thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Look at the time separation between them. A quick check of new topics would have sufficed. I think we all know what drives it. But there isn't much we can do about it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hushabye
I really had the urge to make this same post you did. It's ridiculous. You know they look here and just hope that it's their thread that gets the recognition.

Good thing you didn't or it would be a multiple post like all the Hugo Chavez things!!

sorry couldn't resist

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Alert the threads, and you'd be helping the mods to close the dupes...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

As long as I am not creating a make work project for you guys and gals and am not being a pain in the butt....I will do so from now on.

I was just ranting though really.
I see it every time something big happens and got irritated and just needed a rant session....thankfully you guys give me the outlet to do so.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I agree with you!

Too many people treat ATS like it's FB or Twitter. They almost always have a link and a line or just the link and NOTHING of personal opinion. It's like sharing a FB status to many anymore.

Also older members who I won't name but if you are on the boards enough you know the culprits, well they LOVE to say "I used search" yet you know they didn't. Those are the obvious attention seekers and there are a few who have no excuse other than they need attention which is sad. It's the internet people don't take it so seriously when it comes to stars and flags, you can't keep them!

I always check the recent posts page and the forums the thread would go in before I post. I don't post a lot of things because SOMEONE always beats me to it! Many forget this site has members from all over the world so if something happens in say Russia, like that meteor, of course it will be posted before you wake up in California!

I also love those who blame the search engine. If you know how to search you'd have no problems. Many just blame search. If you use KEY words in the search for your story it comes up. It takes less than 3mins to check all the places I mentioned to see if someone has made a thread on it. Why be lazy then complain when your thread is closed.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Right there with ya, Drums. I'm going to create another rant thread on this. LOLOL

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Realistically, this issue will never be resolved by scolding the posters...
ATS should have a duplicate thread filter, or the mods should handle it.

Before any thread is published it should be filtered, IMO, not after!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Who gives a SH*T if Hugo Chavez has died did he do anything for anyone? Was he one of those grubby politicians? Didn't know him so why should I give a Sh*t?.

*OP* took the words right out of my mouth.
edit on 7/3/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

THANK YOU X 1,000,000,000

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join