It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{Video} Ron Paul Get A Very Important Message About Guns In 1989

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
No, just no.

Hitler didn't invade Switzerland because the Swiss were compliant for banking and resource management. Good Lord, what history books have you read?

Again I told you which book you should read.
It's called Target Switzerland.
www.amazon.com...

Stephen P. Halbrook provides a brief military history of Switzerland, from the days when its pikemen ruled supreme on medieval battlefields, through the American Constitutional debates during which Swiss militia example was considered by the United States, to the 20th century, when Switzerland fielded Europe's highest per capita of trained riflemen. European neutrality has never been a "gift" but a status, earned through armed deterrence. The little-known magnitude of Alpine fortifications is examined, as well as Swiss military doctrine, including its concept of instant mobilization, and the record of its air force in border skirmishes with the Luftwaffe. The Swiss have remained armed and free, ready to combat any aggressor, since 1291. When the ultimate cataclysm came to Europe in the 1940s, even the Nazis were deterred by the Swiss.

www.stephenhalbrook.com...

You shouldn't be so quick to judge and think you know more than others before doing your research.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Nice post.
And to add to that.
To this very day most Swiss are armed.

en.wikipedia.org...

Gun politics in Switzerland are unique in Europe. Switzerland does not have a standing army, instead opting for a people's militia for its national defense. The vast majority of men between the ages of 20 and 30 are conscripted into the militia and undergo military training, including weapons training. The personal weapons of the militia are kept at home as part of the military obligations; Switzerland thus has one of the highest militia gun ownership rates in the world.[1] In recent times a minority of political opposition has expressed a desire for tighter gun regulations.[2] A referendum in February 2011 rejected stricter gun control.[3]

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Switzerland trails behind only the U.S, Yemen and Serbia in the number of guns per capita; between 2.3 million and 4.5 million military and private firearms are estimated to be in circulation in a country of only 8 million people. Yet, despite the prevalence of guns, the violent-crime rate is low: government figures show about 0.5 gun homicides per 100,000 inhabitants in 2010. By comparison, the U.S rate in the same year was about 5 firearm killings per 100,000 people, according to a 2011 U.N. report.

Unlike some other heavily armed nations, Switzerland’s gun ownership is deeply rooted in a sense of patriotic duty and national identity. Weapons are kept at home because of the long-held belief that enemies could invade tiny Switzerland quickly, so every soldier had to be able to fight his way to his regiment’s assembly point. (Switzerland was at risk of being invaded by Germany during World War II but was spared, historians say, because every Swiss man was armed and trained to shoot.)

world.time.com...

Just a little bit of more information for you since you challenged my knowledge of history.
I know history very well my friend!

I can go pages and pages on if you wish, but I rarely debate about history on ATS because of how many links I would need to provide.

Allowing people to defend themselves IS A GOOD THING!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Yes, second-hand smoke is a myth. As I said, unless there's long term exposure with no ventilation, our bodies can handle it. Now,burning leaves and yard waste? THAT'S dangerous smoke. 10 people smoking a entire pack of cigarettes each produces less carbon dioxide/monoxide than a one-pound yard waste fire.

You can feel however you want about the 2nd Amendment, but most people find it antiquated, and it's only a matter of time until popular opinion is that we don't need guns. I eagerly await this day.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Those historians are wrong.

While Switzerland is a small country, it is extremely mountainous, and therefore difficult for ground invasion.

Plans existed to invade many countries or alternative battle tactics to what was actually employed. This is called contingency planning, something every successful army in the history of man has employed.

Hitler was already thin on the Western and particularly the Eastern front. There was little to gain, and much to lose by invading Switzerland, regardless how many rifles were in homes.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

Second hand smoke is a myth. PPM decrease over time, so unless you're standing right next to a burning cigarette or don't have ventilation, you're fine.

Also, the 2nd Amendment is a joke. It was written at a time when the British or Native Americans could have ambushed at any moment. That's not the world we live in.

Nah the world we live in is what put the indians on reservations just like all gun owners have been put on a reservation.

Look at Chicago at how safe banning guns made them.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Hitler didn't invade Switzerland because the Swiss were compliant for banking and resource management. Good Lord, what history books have you read?

Those historians are wrong.

LOL

It's important to chose your words properly my friend!

In any case there's no sense in considering taking rights away from people makes them freer
or taking their defenses away and considering them more safe.

It just makes absolutely no sense!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Also, the 2nd Amendment is a joke. It was written at a time when the British or Native Americans could have ambushed at any moment. That's not the world we live in.

Yeah, instead we have terrorists

Also, I'm sure if the Native Americans had more firepower then they wouldn't have been invaded.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It makes perfect sense. Mutually Assured Destruction is neither positive nor a goal of humanity, yet arming everyone is exactly that.

"Him got a gun, me want a gun!" Envy, jealousy, pride... need I go on how unproductive this type of thought process is?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Planet teleX

Terrorists... like gun nut Timothy McVeigh?

Yeah, we should stop them, by taking their damn guns away.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

In any case there's no sense in considering taking rights away from people makes them freer or taking their defenses away and considering them more safe.

It doesn't just proclaims government is the master and we are the slaves.

Neither one in all reality it is why the police,military,and criminals are all better armed than we are.

However some people are just fine with the epitome of a police state.

link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Yes, second-hand smoke is a myth. As I said, unless there's long term exposure with no ventilation, our bodies can handle it. Now,burning leaves and yard waste? THAT'S dangerous smoke. 10 people smoking a entire pack of cigarettes each produces less carbon dioxide/monoxide than a one-pound yard waste fire.

Your opinion flies in the face of medical fact.
And also the fact that some 50K people die from second hand smoke yearly.
Second hand smoke kills. Period.

You can feel however you want about the 2nd Amendment, but most people find it antiquated, and it's only a matter of time until popular opinion is that we don't need guns. I eagerly await this day.

You must also eagerly await the day a dictator rises to power in America and takes away your freedoms.

The argument that we should remove guns because they kill is insanely stupid.
Cigarettes kill a .5 million people per year. Yet cigarettes are not banned.

Vehicular accidents killed over 30K people last year..... why aren't cars banned?
en.wikipedia.org...

Banning rifles? pfffft!
www.breitbart.com...
Let's ban hammers. They killed more people than rifles did.

If you really cared about people dying. You would be for banning all of the above.

link   

reply to post by Planet teleX

Terrorists... like gun nut Timothy McVeigh?

Yeah, we should stop them, by taking their damn guns away.

McVeigh used explosives geez

And guess what?

Explosives were banned to!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I wanted to post about this video being cool but reading some responses from this guy I just want to add....

How do narrow minded people like you function? Do you actually think about things or do you let some other idiot tell you what to think?

The reason for the 2nd amendment of the constitution was exactly as stated.. For a well regulated militia for the assurance of a free state... See how that is? It is so the people are considered a militia and the responsibility is ours to ensure a free state.... Any law being passed is going against what the constitution states.. Shall not be infringed...

See when we get all 2nd grade it isn't to hard to understand now is it?

This crap about banning guns is just stupid..(This coming from someone who isn't to fond of guns..) If someone wants to own a 5000 rpm gun then fine let them.. If someone wants to own a pea shooter fine.. It is their choice...

Oh ya wanted to make a point, You know the statistics on registered gun violence in the US? ya less that 1% of all gun related crimes in the states.. Considering there are 310+ mill guns that's pretty good statistics...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
One thing is for sure that isn't a myth, The Constitution and the First and Second and all other amendments written within it. just as our forefathers intended them to be and swore an oath and died for.

At this stage of our existence nothing has changed, the government of the past and the government of today is still the lying-est power hungry bastards as they've always been,and it is our duty and honor to continue to stand up and protect our rights, even if every last one of us get killed, because this is what they did for us to have this country we call land of the brave home of the free.

whatever the government says is irrelevant, you are as an individual given these alienable rights and no one has the power to remove them as long as we are the united states of America

So if you are not willing to protect and die for your country? then leave or kill yourself because you have no purpose other than wasting valuable oxygen, like the bottom feeders in Washington .

edit on 5-3-2013 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

If 2nd grade is all you understand, then no wonder you fit in with the gun crowd. Intelligent people don't need killing devices in their society.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

Second hand smoke is a myth. PPM decrease over time, so unless you're standing right next to a burning cigarette or don't have ventilation, you're fine.

Actually, he's right on this. I did Lincoln/Douglass debate on this. In my research I found out that MILK has a higher carcinogen rating than second hand smoke.

Opening up the lid on your charcoal grill exposes you to more harmfull chemicals. It's all a scam for someone to make money and get government grants.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

No its about not giving a crap what other people do with their lives.. Its called butting out of peoples well being, its called pay attention to your life and stop meddling in others... Seriously wtf is the difference if bob next to you owns a gun? he registered it, he owns it, and chances are he will probably never use it... The chances of bob actually using said gun.. well lets just say you can win the lottery a few times over before bob ever decides to use his legally owned gun to commit any type of crime....

Really gun control stupidity summed up in that post...

Stop making other peoples lives miserable because you want to have a power trip..

I want to add..

edit on 3/5/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

If 2nd grade is all you understand, then no wonder you fit in with the gun crowd. Intelligent people don't need killing devices in their society.

What proof do you have that we as a society are more intelligent now? Other than our technology, how are we more civilized than let's say, the Inquisition or the crusades????

If you ask me, we as a society have become much more irresponsible and dumbed down than our forebearers!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Actually it is said that humans in general are getting less intelligent as time goes on because of said tech we are not doing things we used to, and we are just getting by... But then again.. meh what do I know.. we are talking to someone who don't know history apparently...

To back up my point..

Are Humans Becoming Less Intelligent?

"The development of our intellectual abilities and the optimization of thousands of intelligence genes probably occurred in relatively non-verbal, dispersed groups of peoples [living] before our ancestors emerged from Africa," said study author Gerald Crabtree, a researcher at Stanford University, in a statement.

Since then it's all been downhill, Crabtree contends.

edit on 3/5/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join