It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email tells feds to make sequester as painful as promised !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yes, make it as painful as possible they say !!

That's the "Lesson" they will try to teach you and me !!

Unbelievable .....

These are the boneheads that our elected "officials" have placed in charge of things !!

The Obama administration denied an appeal for flexibility in lessening the sequester’s effects, with an email this week appearing to show officials in Washington that because they already had promised the cuts would be devastating, they now have to follow through on that.

In the email sent Monday by Charles Brown, an official with the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service office in Raleigh, N.C., Mr. Brown asked “if there was any latitude” in how to spread the sequester cuts across the region to lessen the impacts on fish inspections.

He said he was discouraged by officials in Washington, who gave him this reply: “We have gone on record with a notification to Congress and whoever else that ‘APHIS would eliminate assistance to producers in 24 states in managing wildlife damage to the aquaculture industry, unless they provide funding to cover the costs.’ So it is our opinion that however you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be.”

Go Fish !!

Email tells feds to make sequester as painful as promised (Washington Times)

Lawmakers say the email is further evidence that the Obama Administration is seeking to inflict maximum pain for the minimal $85 billion in cuts.

"This email confirms what many Americans have suspected: The Obama administration is doing everything they can to make sure their worst predictions come true and to maximize the pain of the Sequester cuts for political gain,” said Rep. Tim Griffin (R-AK).

2nd story and opinion (Breitbart)..

Obama say "do it" and they jump out of the water !!

Raving jealousy has no limits !!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It's funny how they are squabbling over 85 billion when we just sent Egypt 250 billion. I wish there was an opt out for taxes. While I do understand that taxes are vital in a civilized society, I damned sure would like to see the beast wither away.

I guess I could just quit working, but, hell no, I actually like being a productive member of society.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I guess I could just quit working, but, hell no, I actually like being a productive member of society.

Hard to be "productive" when we have MeatHeads running things like they are !!

It's a "treading water" affair, but they seem to want us all to sink fast.

I sure hope the Obama supporters are happy now a days !!

What goes around comes around ... --- eventually... maybe.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This whole mess is going to help one party...

The party it is going to help, is the party with the best PR. The party that can spin this whole sequester the best will come out ahead.

Republicans are blaming the WH with "Look at what happened under our President!"
Democrats are blaming Republicans "Look at what happened because the Republicans wouldn't compromise!"

It's 85 billion, and as someone already said -- we just sent Egypt a ton-o-money. SMH.

It'll be interesting to see the two camps gear up their public media machines and go at it. Latley, the Democrats have been more sucessfull at winning the minds of the public.
edit on 5-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Very true. The whole system is set up for the little guy to fail while the Big Cheese reaps huge benefits because he was already filthy rich. You can't even open a legitimate business anymore without jumping through rings of fire like a damned circus midget. I believe capatalism is a good blueprint for society, but what we see today is so perverted with greed and corruption that it looks like Satans brown eye.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Madness....absolute madness.

The 85 billion in cuts was trifling in the face of the trillion dollar yearly deficit and now...they are going to "show us"...

There has to be something criminal in there somewhere. This isn't about trying to do the right thing, spend responsibly where you must and not spend where you don't. This is a play to hurt people so they can justify the blank check mentality in the future...

Why am I not surprised by this though?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Hard to be "productive" when we have MeatHeads running things like they are !!

It's a "treading water" affair, but they seem to want us all to sink fast.

I sure hope the Obama supporters are happy now a days !!

What goes around comes around ... --- eventually... maybe.

They (supporters) have been very quiet since the sequester deadline passed without any mushroom clouds. Now were are getting a full whiff of the fallout, the lies, the manipulation, the half truths and the utter foolishness...

I ran a thread earlier regarding the TSAs new $50 million uniform contract that kicked in after sequester and after Big Sis Janet tried to strike fear into the nation regarding massive TSA Delays at the airports due to cuts. The new contract amounts to $1000 per employee for one year. That is a bigger allowance than our servicemen and women get in total.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The people are slowly waking up to the Game. Obama is pushing too fast and too quick in his first couple of months in a new term.

Cheers!!
edit on 5-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yes, just hear the White House is going to cancel their tours for groups because of "sequestration".

Way to man up Barrack - the little old ladies that do the tours are volunteers other than the security they cost about nothing.

That will show them huh Barry? Use the kids again as a tool. Passive aggressive and irresponsible is what it is. Childish and base.

"We regret having to do this during the busy school tour season" they say.

No they don't they made it a conscious decision so that Ma and Pa America who pay $2300.00 for their kids to go see the Capitol of their Nation and the White House will believe that 2% is some kind of huge issue and vote the big “D”come 2014.

Our POTUS is a spoiled child; a very powerful, mentally unstable, dangerous one.

The more his popularity drops and his BS is questioned the more unstable he will become....

He was caught in a lie and damn it even if he has to punish school kids to do it he will make his point!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Why are Obama's defenders so quiet on this topic lately??

Bump this bad boy. I'd love to hear what they have to say..

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Why are Obama's defenders so quiet on this topic lately??

Bump this bad boy. I'd love to hear what they have to say..

well maybe just maybe....

some have become victims themselves !!

maybe they are seeing the gradeschool mentality.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Make it hurt.

Make it hurt?

So Obama cares nothing of the people, he just wants to crush republicans.

Pathetic!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
Yes, just hear the White House is going to cancel their tours for groups because of "sequestration".

Way to man up Barrack - the little old ladies that do the tours are volunteers other than the security they cost about nothing.

That will show them huh Barry? Use the kids again as a tool. Passive aggressive and irresponsible is what it is. Childish and base.

"We regret having to do this during the busy school tour season" they say.

No they don't they made it a conscious decision so that Ma and Pa America who pay $2300.00 for their kids to go see the Capitol of their Nation and the White House will believe that 2% is some kind of huge issue and vote the big “D”come 2014.

Our POTUS is a spoiled child; a very powerful, mentally unstable, dangerous one.

The more his popularity drops and his BS is questioned the more unstable he will become....

He was caught in a lie and damn it even if he has to punish school kids to do it he will make his point!

There is something wrong with you
You aren't supposed to see through their tactics
Don't you drink the floridated water and eat the endocrine disruptors and goitinogens in food? Maybe they can give you some antidepressants to help you get back to being blind....Woops I mean normal.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
There is something wrong with you
You aren't supposed to see through their tactics
Don't you drink the floridated water and eat the endocrine disruptors and goitinogens in food? Maybe they can give you some antidepressants to help you get back to being blind....Woops I mean normal.

Didn't you get the memo - it’s all the rage. I am a combat veteran with a love of guns, I live rural buy things with cash, I have a year of food on hand, and I do not trust the government of the United States regarding the protecting my freedoms.

I had a TS/SCI clearance 3 years ago and was persecuting all manner of foul acts in their name - now I am their enemy.

Make it worse I have lots of guns and food stored, could be considered "right wing" and since I shoot on the weekends and talk tactics with my friends....to the SLPC I bet that it extreme.

I mean I don't sip PBR, wear skinny jeans and suck down government stupid at the same rate - I must be an extremist in their eyes.

I don’t belong to a formal group though so that’s gotta hurt a little knowing they can’t “infiltrate” and "agitate" – I am confident I can spot their agents field craft a mile away. They are cool with the lone wolf label I think.

ETA: Actually, I'd love to hook up with one of these agent provocateurs and send him on a merry chase for his tail as they remember counterintelligence and HUNINT is something they taught me too. Anyone who falls for one of these people in their group deserves the consequences.

We are on the rise...

I do not fear them or their “lists”. I say if you are going do something, do it well. Hell, I look up random manifestos on the net just in hopes it sets off more bells for them.

ETA: I also from time to time look up homemade nuclear bomb plans and how to cultivate anthrax for good measure. I also download all the military field manuals I can. As far as I know I haven't even made the no-fly list but it's not for lack of trying.
They are either sloppy, overwhelmed or entirely too trusting of their level of control.

It is they who should fear me. I have been to the best schools the military has to offer, SF Q course (twice actually), Ranger, HALO, Sniper, SERE and countless others (and I was honor grad of most of them). I have 5+ years of continuous combat experience in multiple theaters waging insurgency and counter insurgency, training people in the practice and art of unconventional warfare.

Hell, to cement the deal I got my fingerprints in file for a FEL, CCW and FFL licenses. I have nothing to hide they know where they send my retirement checks.

Come get me – however, pack a lunch, bring the boys; we’ll make a day (or week of) it. Just don’t forget the body bags.

There if anyone needs a red sticker on their mailbox it is me.

They are all hat and no cows IMO.
edit on 6/3/2013 by Golf66 because: I added more triggers for NSA.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

My idea of being radical is having an unlicensed 47 dodge truck sitting on my property.
Now I suppose someone in the township will see this post and get on my case about the truck.

edit on 6-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This whole "I'm right, you're wrong" (and blame game) thing is getting ridiculous with our president. So the sequester isn't turning into a catastrophe like he predicted so now he is trying to make it happen? How immature, he sounds just like a child. He is too caught up in his image and saving face to care about us.

Take one on the chin and say "I was wrong" !!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
This whole "I'm right, you're wrong" (and blame game) thing is getting ridiculous with our president. So the sequester isn't turning into a catastrophe like he predicted so now he is trying to make it happen? How immature, he sounds just like a child. He is too caught up in his image and saving face to care about us.

Take one on the chin and say "I was wrong" !!

Not in his character to admit fault.

Never has been never will be its called Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

How anyone could vote for him not once but twice is beyond my understanding.

top topics

join