It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea speaks to crowd of 41

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Chelsea Clinton made her first public political speech today at an outdoor rally for Kerry. There were only 41 people present and interestingly enough 9 people actually walked away while she was speaking ... maybe they were Bush supporters!

Supposedly the low turnout was due to poor publicity of the event but since both the Kerry daughters were there I find it hard to believe that it wasn't publicized.

Only a few dozen people showed up for an outside Kerry rally that featured the political debut of former first daughter Chelsea Clinton.

"When I was asked to join the campaign trail today, I was a little nervous," Clinton smiled. "I am not accustomed to public speaking and this is my first political speech."

Only 41 were present to hear Chelsea, and 9 citizens, oddly, walked away as she explained why she believed Tuesday's vote is the most important of her lifetime.

Chelsea declared things were safer in America while her dad was president.

"We proved we could be safe and secure at home, and still have more allies and friends in the world."

She promised Kerry and Edwards would finish the work her dad started during his eight-year run as president.

"I know they will bring his vision to bear in the 21st century," she said.

But one attendee of the rally told the DRUDGE REPORT it was hard to follow Ms. Clinton's words.

"She giggled, she kept flipping her hair, she was a bag of nerves. I'll give her a pass, if this was her first time out."

full story:
drudgereport.com...

Why do you suppose she is just starting to campaign? Could her late debut have anything to do with Hilary '08?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

Why do you suppose she is just starting to campaign? Could her late debut have anything to do with Hilary '08?

Jemison

I just think it's Drudge '04. Let's see what my local paper says:

Trailed by celebrity-seeking television cameras of network shows ``Inside Edition'' and ``Entertainment Tonight,'' the photogenic fivesome rallied about 300 voters at Fred Ball Park off Bayshore Boulevard.

``I first campaigned for John Kerry at age 15,'' former first daughter Caroline Kennedy told the adoring crowd. ``It was the first campaign I ever worked on that wasn't for a relative.''

Chelsea Clinton, daughter of Bill and Hillary, delivered what she and others described as her first-ever political speech. It was short, but sharp.

``I was a little nervous,'' Clinton joked. ``I'm not accustomed to public speaking. Thankfully, I have a couple of experts in the family.''
Tampa Bay Online

300 or a 'few dozen'? Gee, could Drudge be lying?

EDIT: Should I start a thread, "Chelsea speaks to crowd of 300"?

[edit on 31-10-2004 by curme]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The photo on Drudge sure didn't show 300! It could be that Chelsea was the first to speak so the crowd was small and then grew to 300. That would make both numbers correct.

But I'm more curious to know how Chelsea campaigning for Kerry fits in with the Hilary '08 theory. And I'm curious to know why Chelsea would START campaigning two days before the election. Why didn't she start campainging when her father was on the road to recovery but still not well enough to do any campaigning?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think we got a trend going. 1st Cher then Rosie now Chelsea. Something is not right in the democrat party.

I am more likely to believe the Drudge Report on the actual #'s because democrats like to exaggerate, ie. "The Million Man March"

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
because democrats like to exaggerate, ie. "The Million Man March"

ROFL yeah every black guy in America is a Democrat. Mmmmkay?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Originally posted by Carseller4
because democrats like to exaggerate, ie. "The Million Man March"

ROFL yeah every black guy in America is a Democrat. Mmmmkay?

When a group of people of the same race vote 92% for the same party, I would say that they are democrats.

It is interesting though when it comes to political power, the party for blacks is the Republican Party, ie. Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, Coni Rice.

That is alot better than the Democrats where you have Bill Clinton and John Kerry.

www.camedwards.com...

Maybe Kerry should of said "I want to be the 1st Orange President"

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Don't you watch the Chapelle show? Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice are White now.

They were drafted a few months back. The Black group wouldn't give up Powell unless the White group agreed to take Condi, though. In a surprise move, the Chinese passed up Ming Yao for the Wu Tang Clan, and Eminem is now officially Black.

top topics

join