It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuelan Vice President "Chavez Was Infected with Cancer by Foes (USA)"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
the VP's education or his ability to run the country.
What does that have to do with anything?

Already asked and answered on the first or second page. I'm not going back to put a link. Basically - The Vice President made the comment ... and the news was making fun of the Vice President for not exactly being the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. Just a high school diploma and being a bus driver - not capable or smart enough to run a country .. that kind of thing. They were mocking the man behind the statement. Since the thread is about what the Vice President said, then I also included the information about what the news response was to the man.

Which channel?

Both Fox and CNN. I don't watch MSNBC So I don't know if they are carrying it or not.

I just think it's disingenuous (and probably against T&C) ....

I just went back and looked at what you are having a problem with. It appears that Reuters has changed their story at the link. They had carried the information about the VP stating Chavez was infected with cancer by foes .. meaning the USA ... meaning that Obama runs the country. (unless I totally got confused and put a link and a quote together that didn't go .. but I don't think I've messed that before)

Anyways ... it is everywhere and being carried by everyone around the internet .. and at the very least by CNN and FOX. As for MSNBC ... who knows.

edit on 3/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Of all the things on this site to argue about, people are getrting snippy because we scoff at the thought that Obama deliberately gave someone cancer!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thank you for clearing up the confusion. I suspect "politics" by whomever brought the VP's education and ability into this discussion. Probably FOX. The comment is is clearly biased against Chavez and the country.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I just went and turned on the TV news again .... Fox is, once again, referring to the Venezuelan VP as a 'former bus driver'. I turned to CNN ... they didnt' have the story up at this time but they had previously referred to him as 'a bus driver'. Both mentioned his education level. Both had mocking voices.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't see what I said was hateful. All I did was ask if you believed in a similar conspiracy from the right wing.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I just went and turned on the TV news again .... Fox is, once again, referring to the Venezuelan VP as a 'former bus driver'. I turned to CNN ... they didnt' have the story up at this time but they had previously referred to him as 'a bus driver'. Both mentioned his education level. Both had mocking voices.

The corporate media will be the corporate media. It is the cool "pro American" thing to mock Venezuela for not becoming a Banana republic.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

reply to post by purplemer

Sure. No question. But to claim that the USA pinpointed a person to 'infect' with cancer?? That's odd. If the USA wanted Chavez dead, he'd be dead a lot quicker and in a lot more sure way than a cancer that takes a long time and could be cured. ya' know??

There is no doubt that the US Government wanted Castro dead.... and failed to get the job done. So to just sit back and say, "If we wanted him dead he would be dead" is just foolishness and history itself proves you wrong.

But let us talk about the possibility of causing cancer...According to Philip H. Melanson such a thing is possible and has been since the 1950's.

During the 1950s the CIA developed cancer-causing drugs for use in political assassination - drugs that would produce what appeared to be 'natural' death. A 1952 agency memo reports on the cancer-inducing uses of beryllium: 'This is certainly the most toxic inorganic element and it produces a peculiar fibrotic tumor at the site of local application. The amount necessary to produce these tumors is a few micrograms.' The same memo talks of the possibility of developing techniques for getting beryllium into the victim's lungs by having it inhaled in small doses.

Source You can find the quote on page 4- about half way down.

Of course you also have the 1975 United States Senate Select Committee’s investigation into CIA’s assassination plots on foreign leaders where it was revealed that the agency had developed a poison dart gun that caused heart attacks and cancer.

The gun fired a frozen liquid poison-tipped dart, the width of a human hair and a quarter of an inch long, that could penetrate clothing, was almost undetectable and left no trace in a victim’s body.

You can find the full text of that hearing HERE

Although I am sure it is silly of anyone to think such weapons technology has advanced at all since 1975.

As I have clearly shown, the idea of weaponized cancer is not new at all. So why would it be so far fetched to think it possible? Especially when one considers just how many South American Leaders do have cancer. The list includes former Argentine president, Nestor Kirchner (colon cancer) Brazil’s president Dilma Rousseff (lymphoma cancer), her predecessor Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (throat cancer), former Cuban president Fidel Castro (stomach cancer) Bolivian president, Evo Morales (nasal cancer) and Paraguayan president Fernando Lugo (lymphoma cancer).

But I am sure it is all just one big coincidence and anyone who suspects foul play is probably just insane

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

The corporate media will be the corporate media. It is the cool "pro American" thing to mock Venezuela for not becoming a Banana republic.

Considering it looks like Chavez milked his country to the tune of 2 billion, a "banana republic" is exactly what it became. The only difference between him and other banana republics is that he hated the US and free markets so he was "cool" to the left.

national review

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
As I have clearly shown, the idea of weaponized cancer is not new at all. So why would it be so far fetched to think it possible?

As I have clearly shown on this thread, weaponized cancer CAN be done ... but I dont' think it was.

1 - No proof. If proof comes forward, I'll rethink the position.
2 - 1/3 of all people on the planet will get cancer. Cancer is just cancer almost all the time.
3 - Venezuela wasn't a big problem. If this story had said N. Korea or Iran ... then I'd be more inclined to go along with it more easily. But Chavez?? It's not like he was a major problem. His hand picked sucessor is going to be just like him anyways, so there is no point to kill off Chavez.
edit on 3/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

ATS Thread - Whree did Chavez Supposedly Get $2 Billion in Wealth
Yep ... lots of billions missing from the oil profits ... and some say he's got it.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

This is nuttier than squirrel poop.

So do we know for certain this is all nonsense, or is it so just because you say it is?

Are such capabilities completely impossible?

Do you have expert medical or intelligence knowledge that we are not privy too?

As one poster has already mentioned the United States has gone to great lengths over the decades to try and assassinate Fidel Castro with all kinds of zany schemes. All failing thankfully.

I'm not saying such allegations are true, but I would not put it past them attempting to assassinate Chavez.

I'm a bit confused at the rush to dismiss this possibility as well. I mentioned it to my brother and he sort of laughed it off, like it was absurd or something. My question is why? What about the Russian KGB & FSB agent who got asylum from Great Britain and was poisoned in London with polonium in his food? If he had eaten less of it and lived long enough I assume he would have died of cancer instead of radiation poisoning.

What about the leukemia vaccine they give cats? Inject a cat with that leukemia virus and it most likely die of leukemia. Cancer is not just from radioactivity and pollution, the connection between cancer and virus is pretty well documented too.

I'm sure giving Small-Pox tainted blankets to Native Americans was not the first, or last, use of biological weapons. All of the major powers around the world have spent the last century or more developing insane biological and chemical weapons. Is it a stretch that someone would ultimately use some of them?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I agree sorry I came across wrong

kind regards

purp)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Accepted.
We all have bad days .... or difficult moments .. or whatever ... so moving on ....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

As I have clearly shown, the idea of weaponized cancer is not new at all. So why would it be so far fetched to think it possible?

As I have clearly shown on this thread, weaponized cancer CAN be done ... but I dont' think it was.

1 - No proof. If proof comes forward, I'll rethink the position.

So you consider the testimony and findings of the 1975 United States Senate Select Committee to not be "proof"?

2 - 1/3 of all people on the planet will get cancer. Cancer is just cancer almost all the time.

No argument here, but you do not find it the least bit suspicious that every South American leader that supported Chavez also ended up with Cancer? What are the odds of that?

3 - Venezuela wasn't a big problem. If this story had said N. Korea or Iran ... then I'd be more inclined to go along with it more easily. But Chavez?? It's not like he was a major problem. His hand picked sucessor is going to be just like him anyways, so there is no point to kill off Chavez.
edit on 3/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

How much of a hand picked successor was he if there is already a plan to hold elections very soon?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So you consider the testimony and findings of the 1975 United States Senate Select Committee to not be "proof"?

What are you talking about? How does a committee formed 30 years ago give proof that Chavez was 'infected' with cancer this year? That makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

you do not find it the least bit suspicious that every South American leader that supported Chavez also ended up with Cancer?

1/3 of all people on the planet will get cancer. I've had it twice. My husband once. Gee .. I guess that means someone has infected us on purpose, right? No. Cancer is cancer. It's everywhere. And with Fukishima spewing radiation around the world, there is even more of it now.

Chavez was just Chavez. He made anti-american speeches. So what? If this story had come out about Iran or N. Korea or Syria .. my ears would perk up. But Chavez? He wasn't doing anything to America. He was screwing his own people over .. but he wasn't a problem for America. I really don't think the Obama administration .. or any of the spook agencies under Obama .. would bother.

You have your opinion. I have mine. Mine will change if any hard evidence is found .... like a whistleblower from here or if Chavez body is tested by multiple independent places and it comes back as being radiated or something .... Otherwise, cancer is just cancer.

Oh look .. Valerie Harper has brain cancer ... Mary Tyler Moore musta' given it to her

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It is the friends of the bush's at the CIA...
And they have poisoned Castro as well...in a way that no one would pick it up..he will die three minutes before time for his death...yea,that's it..that is the ticket

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What is with this mentality of something that you don't understand or cant conceive turns into the impossible or unimaginable? My father has this mentality. It is the height of Ignorance.

My god OP, did you even try googling cancer as being used as an assassination tool???

I want to say one thing first though. If most of the stuff we eat can give us cancer, specifically, genetically modified food, what makes you think it can't be used for assassination? (the cancer, not the food)

MS> Is it even possible to inject something into someone to MS> get cancer? If it is, was this available when Ruby died? - According to Philip H. Melanson ("High Tech Mysterious Deaths", *Critique*, Vol. 3,4, Issue No. 15/16, Fall/Winter '84/'85): "During the 1950s the CIA developed cancer-causing drugs for use in political assassination - drugs that would produce what appeared to be 'natural' death. A 1952 agency memo reports on the cancer-inducing uses of beryllium: 'This is certainly the most toxic inorganic element and it produces a peculiar fibrotic tumor at the site of local application. The amount necessary to produce these tumors is a few micrograms.' The same memo talks of the possibility of developing techniques for getting beryllium into the victim's lungs by having it inhaled in small doses." According to Edward T. Haslam ("Mary, Ferrie, and the Monkey Virus", *Conference Abstracts*, Wash. DC: Coalition on Political Assassinations, 1994, p. 18.): "... Jim Garrison discovered an underground medical laboratory which induced cancer into animals. The lab was run by ... David Ferrie and several New Orleans doctors. One of the doctors was Mary Sherman, a nationally prominent cancer researcher who was brutally murdered in 1964.

karws.gso.uri.edu...

Well anyway, Chavez should have had Castors bodyguard. It's really a damn shame. One of the few world leaders to oppose banker control get's axed.

*insert star trek facepalm here*

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

What are you talking about? How does a committee formed 30 years ago give proof that Chavez was 'infected' with cancer this year? That makes no sense.

Well first off it would be almost 40 years ago, not 30 and it is this lack of attention to detail that would explain why you seem to be so confused.

You originally questioned the possibility of infecting purposely a single person with cancer. What I showed you is that the technology to do so was available close to 40 years ago and I gave you the "proof" you asked for to back up the claim. At no point in time did I say Chavez WAS purposely infected with cancer. What I did say was the possibility existed and I proved why it was possible. Why that would be so difficult to understand is beyond me.

1/3 of all people on the planet will get cancer. I've had it twice. My husband once. Gee .. I guess that means someone has infected us on purpose, right? No. Cancer is cancer. It's everywhere. And with Fukishima spewing radiation around the world, there is even more of it now.

Chavez was just Chavez. He made anti-american speeches. So what? If this story had come out about Iran or N. Korea or Syria .. my ears would perk up. But Chavez? He wasn't doing anything to America. He was screwing his own people over .. but he wasn't a problem for America. I really don't think the Obama administration .. or any of the spook agencies under Obama .. would bother.

You have your opinion. I have mine. Mine will change if any hard evidence is found .... like a whistleblower from here or if Chavez body is tested by multiple independent places and it comes back as being radiated or something .... Otherwise, cancer is just cancer.

Oh look .. Valerie Harper has brain cancer ... Mary Tyler Moore musta' given it to her

Comparing you and your husband to a group of South American leaders is disingenuous at best. What I find amusing in your reply is how you suggest that I blamed Obama or his Administration. Perhaps you can show me when I made such a claim?

Like it or not, the "proof" is out there and even posted in this thread and the FACT is Cancer has been used as an assassination weapon. Was it used on Chavez? I have no idea, but what I do know is that to dismiss the idea of out hand is simply foolish.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
What is with this mentality ..

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
You'd best take a look at YOUR mentality. Mine is .. common sense. Show me some evidence that he was 'infected' and I'll believe it. Otherwise, he got cancer just like 1/3 of the population will.

Dude .. my 'mentality' makes a heck of a lot more sense than jumping to the conclusion that just because a guy gets cancer it MUST be that the Obama administration ordered a hit. :shk:

My god OP, did you even try googling cancer as being used as an assassination tool???

My god, Kang69, did you even try reading the thread before posting ??
I already said it is possible. I also said that I didn't think it was done.
And I gave very sound reasons why. Try reading the thread next time ...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join